WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

If you find one send him over to me after your work is done.

Duly noted. Since it'll probably be a girl genie so you can send her to Sahib so he can comment on her cute her hair is (since that's all he'll see if she was walking around half naked in his room).

Penned on a Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Duly noted. Since it'll probably be a girl genie so you can send her to Sahib so he can comment on her cute her hair is (since that's all he'll see if she was walking around half naked in his room).

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Maybe he'll notice her watch first...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just saw a dude with a M9 on NJ transit. Man, it looks so good...I'd buy a Windows version for sure. Wish HTC had tweaked the camera a bit more and added one new feature to it.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Another blustery day here. No office April fools day shenanigans unfortunately. Boring.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just found out you can play Pac-Man on the web version of Google Maps on any streeet. That's a bit of fun. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My 4 favorite buys in the past 2 years:

4. OPO. Man, what a fun phone to use. May even get one as a spare when the cash comes back. Solid experience. The Chinese are here to stay an slay the big boys, especially in China and India.

3. Z Ultra. Big. Brolly. Loud. Unapologetic. Man, I still miss this thing. Wish the battery life was better, because if it was, I'd still use it ad my daily driver now that Android wear is here and viable.

2b. Lumia 920. Big. Heavy. Stylish. Could get in a fist fit and break a face with it and make calls afterwards. Battery life was the issue, but I loved the camera up until the Black update. Cyan did it no favors camera wise.

2a. 8X/Lumia 925. Both are here because these are still the best looking Windows 8 phones ever made, from a design perspective. Wish they both came with 32GB and wish the 8X overall had a slightly better camera and built in Qi, but these things were fun to use.

1. Asus T100. Best tablet I've ever owned. Great battery life, excellent performance. Need to reset it because my Xbox music and video apps don't work as well anymore (bad install file I cannot delete without a reset). Otherwise, a true workhorse. Not buying another Windows tablet until this thing blows up or dies. I see best buy has it now for $250. I paid $400 in fall 2013 and it still is a top 5 buy ever for me.

Honorary mentions:

Z3 - stylish, excellent battery life, great to use...like, not love, the camera.

930. Love the camera, like the phone.

N7 - fun little thing to use.

G Watch - great Intro to Android Wear. If you can get a Zen Watch for $150, that's a better value, but for $100, this thing is very good.

Moto X 2013. Made a massive positive impression. If I used this longer, it'd make the official list. Wish I had gotten an unlocked 32GB bamboo custom model.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Hmm, if you open MS DOS mobile, go to the "windows" directory, and type "type win.com" it shows chapter 3 of "Life of Tycho Brae".

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My favorite and most game changing buy was my 5c. Without that iPhone, I would still only own Android phones. This device caught my eye and had me question my loyalty to only one OS.

From that phone I glided through BB Z10, Q10, Z30, Torch, Bold, Style and Curve. Moved through WP 822, 925, 710, 521 and now a 635. Awaiting the 640.
Got myself an iPhone 5s (Twice, hated the phone both times), using a 6 which was defective twice. Third times a charm. Awaiting the 6s AND the Apple watch!

I'm anticipating the Note 5. If 4k display rumors are true, I'm excited!

To think, one little blue phone opened up my world.
I have no regrets except one... That I'm not rich enough to buy more!

The iPhone 5 Color, or some of us called it - the "5 Cheap", wasn't a bad phone. Apple use overpriced it, as always - especially when. They launched the 8GB model. I would and could get a fruit stand device, but that's an expensive doorstop or rat trapper...

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My favorite and most game changing buy was my 5c. Without that iPhone, I would still only own Android phones. This device caught my eye and had me question my loyalty to only one OS.

From that phone I glided through BB Z10, Q10, Z30, Torch, Bold, Style and Curve. Moved through WP 822, 925, 710, 521 and now a 635. Awaiting the 640.
Got myself an iPhone 5s (Twice, hated the phone both times), using a 6 which was defective twice. Third times a charm. Awaiting the 6s AND the Apple watch!

I'm anticipating the Note 5. If 4k display rumors are true, I'm excited!

To think, one little blue phone opened up my world.
I have no regrets except one... That I'm not rich enough to buy more!

I've seen the latest leaks for the iPhone 6C. Looks interesting. For me, if I buy an iPhone, I'd get the S model instead, to maintain that refined feel if Apple really is repackaging the non-S models into its Color variants going forward.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Mine was the 16GB, then I got the 32GB variant. I think if it was released in a 64GB with touch ID, I'd drop my 6 in a heartbeat.

I really wish they'd do a 6c. My heart would jump for joy. Seriously.

They probably will, when the 6S is launched. I think that's Apple's thing now to recycle the hardware like that. The early adaptors will get the non S models, others will get the S variants and the newbies get the Colors.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Doesn't sound like a fun day. My day isn't fun either. My orthodontist and regular dentist are butting heads over my braces being off. I'm gonna end up back in braces!

Well that sucks. Don't you have a say in the matter?

I've been in meetings and training lately. It's been fun... really... o.o

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My list of gadgets is way too long from August 2013.....so here are a few impressions....

Lumia 521 - I bought it brand new because I wanted something that would sync with my work email and calendar and at the same time stay sandboxed. I was blown away by its performance because I did not expect it to behave the way it did for the amount of money I paid. A few months back I had bought an Android device for 2.5X the money and the Lumia 521 easily outperformed it. And it introduced me to WP which is still my OS of choice.

Lumia - 810. The silent workhorse. I used this phone for over a year and that is saying a bit too much for someone who otherwise cycles a phones every 3 days on my spare line:) Enough said!

Lumia 925 - Perhaps the most beautiful WP device built. Ever. Amazing screen, build, design, camera. The battery and processor could have been better. Built in charging should have been mandatory instead of the shell.

I did use 822, 920, 1520, 830 and tried a 930 for a tiny bit as well. I also tried out the 8X and the Ativ S phones. Nothing major to report on either of them. Lumia 635 is what I use as a daily driver and based on its performance I am definitely psyched about the 640/640XL.

On the other side of the fence, I have to agree with MSFTisMIA - the OPO is by far and away the winning device. The only thing it lacked in my opinion was wireless charging. Otherwise there wasn't really anything to complain about especially for the price.

Moto X was a pretty neat device as well but the battery and the camera were definitely pedestrian.

The Nexus 5 improved the Moto X experience in terms of camera performance, but battery life was again very iffy. Though wireless charging did help.

FWIW, I tried LG G2, Sony Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra, Galaxy S4, Moto G as well. I like the Nexus 7 as a tablet and use that on a regular basis for the last 12+ months.

Currently I have the Meizu MX4 Pro and so far I am really liking this device. Again no wireless charging but it has a monstrous 3530mAh battery.

On the dark side I have cycled through 5, 5c, 5S, 6Plus and am happy to report that is definitely not my cup of tea....way too many pokes and swipes to get anything, something done....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss