WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I picked up a One M7 in a flash sale. Gonna convert it to a GPE to get updates better but wont do so until after the semester ends. When my friend cones to visit I'm going to break him into Android Wear by letting him use the M7 + the G Watch.

Don't worry folks, we plan to do some sightseeing and of course, the 930 will be tagging along, handling all photo and video duties.
Cool! I'm not familiar with the One M7, just the One M8 and M9.

Who makes the G Watch? It that from Samsung? I really haven't kept up on the smartwatches.

Enjoy your visit with your friend, and please share some pictures if you get a chance.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Besides the 8S, what other HTC do you have?

Got a blue M7 coming. Ordered it from that fire sale link posted on Android Central. That seller had nearly 600 of them as unlocked refurbished and all were sold out. I loved the Black M7 paint job sprint/at&t got, and it looks like sprint got the black again for the M9.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I picked up 8.1.2 on the 930. Like how orderly the settings is now and the overall speed improvements. I'm thinking about taking out for a test drive maybe on Tuesday.

man I would like to put update 2 on my 830 but I know it would make me go to win 10 and I do not want that :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So spring is unofficially here. I say unofficially because i had my first icee of the season. There's an older Hispanic man by the Newark Penn station who sells his - very quiet and respectful. I usually buy mine there from him over the past 3-4 years during the spring and summer. The weather was gorgeous today in the NYC area, so it was cool to see him outside.

I walked up just as he was packing up to go. I bought a small coconut one for $1, and paid $2. Guess I was just happy to see he made it another year and that winter was finally over.

sounds like it was a very chill Saturday day for you

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I mean, you should try the mango, but in the small size. People like it, but mango just doesn't do it for me.

you know when you say Hispanic I cant help but think if those are the same guys that go around with their carts( Hispanics) that sell icees , chicarones , corn and ice cream.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Got a blue M7 coming. Ordered it from that fire sale link posted on Android Central. That seller had nearly 600 of them as unlocked refurbished and all were sold out. I loved the Black M7 paint job sprint/at&t got, and it looks like sprint got the black again for the M9.

Do the Dot View cases work on the M7? That's something I think is nice on the M8.

I've never seen any HTC One devices in blue or black. All of them I've seen have been silver. I think blue or black would look nice.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Cool! I'm not familiar with the One M7, just the One M8 and M9.

Who makes the G Watch? It that from Samsung? I really haven't kept up on the smartwatches.

Enjoy your visit with your friend, and please share some pictures if you get a chance.

The M7 was the original metal (70%) phone from HTC. Some still say it was the best of the One series design wise. LG makes the G Watch. It and the Gear Live were the first Wear watches launched last summer. I got mine for $100 from Verizon during the black Friday sale - you can still get a new one at that price.

I'm upgrading to the Sony Smart watch 3 and my friend will get my G Watch. Verizon has it on sale for 20% off online so I'll snag it for $200.

Laura, since you're a pocket watch kinda gal, someone made a Moto 360 into a pocket watch by using 3D printers for the handles to secure the 360's screen to an old school pocket watch chain. It was posted on either Connectedly or Android Central earlier in the year. It looked so fly...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Nope. I was still had work today - which was slow enough to allow me to work on some school assignments in my office during the afternoon.

ah the way I heard it in my head it sounded like a chill day :p but it is the little things like ices which makes busy days enjoyable

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Do the Dot View cases work on the M7? That's something I think is nice on the M8.

I've never seen any HTC One devices in blue or black. All of them I've seen have been silver. I think blue or black would look nice.

I think the dot view cases started from the M8. My coworker has a M7 in blue on Verizon. She owned a 8X and upgraded to the M7, since she is an HTC woman. She still loves her 8X, especially since I out Here maps on it for her...she's quick to pull it out as a GPS.

I'll post pictures when I get my m7.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Laura, since you're a pocket watch kinda gal, someone made a Moto 360 into a pocket watch by using 3D printers for the handles to secure the 360's screen to an old school pocket watch chain. It was posted on either Connectedly or Android Central earlier in the year. It looked so fly...
I saw that! I even commented that it's something I'd want in the article comments.

AT&T ran an ad on the radio for a free Moto 360 watch with the purchase of a Moto X phone. I just got my 2013 Moto X, though, so I'm not getting a 2014 Moto X. I might get the next Moto X that is released, though, since I really like the one I have.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I think the dot view cases started from the M8. My coworker has a M7 in blue on Verizon. She owned a 8X and upgraded to the M7, since she is an HTC woman. She still loves her 8X, especially since I out Here maps on it for her...she's quick to pull it out as a GPS.

I'll post pictures when I get my m7.

Someone asked me about Here Maps on Moto X in my thread on Android Central, so I tried it today. Yes, it works great on Android too. I've always liked Here Maps, even on old Symbian.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

you know when you say Hispanic I cant help but think if those are the same guys that go around with their carts( Hispanics) that sell icees , chicarones , corn and ice cream.

Yes, you're correct. He is one of those, but what he does is just parks his iced cart quietly at the front entrance of Newark Penn Station. A pleasant guy, doesn't bother anyone and has a nice smile. So I try to give him some business by buying at least one medium iced weekly during the warmer months.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I saw that! I even commented that it's something I'd want in the article comments.

AT&T ran an ad on the radio for a free Moto 360 watch with the purchase of a Moto X phone. I just got my 2013 Moto X, though, so I'm not getting a 2014 Moto X. I might get the next Moto X that is released, though, since I really like the one I have.

I like the 360. I really do. You can get one now via amazon or best buy for now for $180. Moto dropped the price before the Apple watch hits the streets in a few days. My only issue with it are - the battery life sucks, and then position of the ambient light sensor really killed the screen on look of the watch. If you can live with those, it is a very good buy. The Asus Zen watch is a better alternative for $200 if you like the square faced looks and is a bit more unisex and would looks good on a lady's wrist.

I wanted a spare Android device that can back up my Z3. I was debating between the 2013 moto x and the M7. If I could have gotten a developer edition moto X, I'd have bought that instead. I almost bought a custom moto x. Loved how the bamboo looks on that phone.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yes, you're correct. He is one of those, but what he does is just parks his iced cart quietly at the front entrance of Newark Penn Station. A pleasant guy, doesn't bother anyone and has a nice smile. So I try to give him some business by buying at least one medium iced weekly during the warmer months.

huh I would of never guessed they are over there too good stuff. the ones in the town I live in they are all nice . I do feel bad for them who have to walk around their blocks in the hot summer days

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wanted to like the 2014 moto x. But it felt bigger than my z3 and was harder to hold, the AMOLED display was too over saturated for my taste and they put a small *** battery in there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

huh I would of never guessed they are over there too good stuff. the ones in the town I live in they are all nice . I do feel bad for them who have to walk around their blocks in the hot summer days

They work hard here too, just like with any other type of job. That's why I try not to be nasty with food service and retail people...they were very demanding jobs so ****ting on them isn't good karma.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I must say that the 930 charges really fast with Qi. I've seen it charge in 2 hours in my Vu Tilt. The charger turnarounds have gotten better with each update. A pity the small battery on this thing and the lack of t-mo LTE really killed it for me.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Most of the street vendors and food truck people here are nice and not pushy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss