WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Please explain this statement. I didn't get you....

We have a common ancestor with monkeys about 25 million years ago. We speciated separately from them through the ape line. Just like we're approximately 6 million years separated from chimpanzees.

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

We have a common ancestor with monkeys about 25 million years ago. We speciated separately from them through the ape line. Just like we're approximately 6 million years separated from chimpanzees.

What all animals are included in the ape family? Chimpanzee,orangutan and gorilla??

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What all animals are included in the ape family? Chimpanzee,orangutan and gorilla??

You can easily find this online but I'll explain.

Apes are broken into several groups but what you have generally is 'old world' apes and 'new world' apes. Old world are gibbons. New world are orang-outangs, gorillas, bonobos, chimps and humans.

New world and old world separated about 20 million years ago.

Orangs and other apes about 15 million years ago.

Gorillas and other apes about 10 million years ago.

Chimps/bonobos and humans about 6 million years ago.

The separation with monkeys is about 25 million years ago. Monkeys are considered old world as well.

This answers that question that creationists always ask. If we evolved from monkeys why are are there still monkeys. Answer, we didn't evolve from them but share a common ancestor. So there would still be monkeys.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Morning ED. Good luck with your 1520. :)

Thanks.. still downloading my apps through my restored backup. Obviously some aren't going to work correctly with this preview, but that's to be expected. The basic functionalities of the phone all work though, so I'm good for usage. AT&T SIM card is recognized, data connection check, WiFi check, making and receiving phone calls and text messages check. I figured trying out the preview on my daily driver would allow me to give some solid feedback on day to day operations.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Your evolution path has resulted in you not understanding something this simple....profound indeed!

Well there's lots to say why people have difficulty with evolution but most of it comes down to the idea of own self importance, our egos.

I find nothing more grounding than the knowledge I have ancestors that reach back 4 billion years. That I am part of nature not separate from it. That everything on this planet is related to some extent. That's pretty awesome if you ask me.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Well there's lots to say why people have difficulty with evolution but most of it comes down to the idea of own self importance, our egos.

I find nothing more grounding than the knowledge I have ancestors that reach back 4 billion years. That I am part of nature not separate from it. That everything on this planet is related to some extent. That's pretty awesome if you ask me.

But keep in mind religious beliefs...
(I'll stop there to prevent flame wars.)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

But keep in mind religious beliefs...
(I'll stop there to prevent flame wars.)

That's more or less what I said if you read what I said correctly... think about it... I was just being more general with my terminology.

I try to avoid that discussion but it is 100% true that beliefs are what stops some people from wanting to understand evolution along with climate change or any science that makes them uncomfortable...

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

That's more or less what I said if you read what I said correctly... think about it... I was just being more general with my terminology.

I try to avoid that discussion but it is 100% true that beliefs are what stops some people from wanting to understand evolution along with climate change or any science that makes them uncomfortable...

Climate change is still a problem. If someone disagrees, they need really good proof.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs