WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Had a palm Treo that I couldn't stand... Then a Palm Pre that was the first smartphone I loved... Never had an android phone, although I did have Android installed on my TouchPad for a little while.
One guy who belongs to a local Linux User Group that I'm in got a Touchpad during the fire sale. He's running Android on it.

That's the only Touchpad I've seen in the wild.

I've never seen a BlackBerry Playbook in the wild.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Have you had problems with Lollipop 5.0?

oh now I don't have an android device* but I know two people who I talk on a regular basis tell me that they have issues with not sending sms , random battery draining , and app crashes after updating to 5.0. they both tell me that they are looking forward to 5.1 :p.
* one of them had a Verizon s5 and the other has an tmobile LG g3

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Had a palm Treo that I couldn't stand... Then a Palm Pre that was the first smartphone I loved... Never had an android phone, although I did have Android installed on my TouchPad for a little while.

I don't think I like the idea of owning anything that has google all over it. im not saying I don't like android I probably would like it but anything that google touches makes me look else where

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

oh now I don't have an android device* but I know two people who I talk on a regular basis tell me that they have issues with not sending sms , random battery draining , and app crashes after updating to 5.0. they both tell me that they are looking forward to 5.1 .
OK. I thought you had one, since you commented that it was good to not have 5.0.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

oh now I don't have an android device* but I know two people who I talk on a regular basis tell me that they have issues with not sending sms , random battery draining , and app crashes after updating to 5.0. they both tell me that they are looking forward to 5.1 :p.

That is partially on Google and partially on Samsung / LG.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One guy who belongs to a local Linux User Group that I'm in got a Touchpad during the fire sale. He's running Android on it.

That's the only Touchpad I've seen in the wild.

I've never seen a BlackBerry Playbook in the wild.

I owned one and really enjoyed it- dual boot or running just WebOS. It is in a good home now - a close friend bought it. Such a shame of what HP did to it...

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

OK. I thought you had one, since you commented that it was good to not have 5.0.

On mine it is buggy periodically. I want to test 5.0 on newer hardware to see, but I'm using a ROM and if it's not intensive games, it runs OK. Some people have the leak, some don't.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

On mine it is buggy periodically. I want to test 5.0 on newer hardware to see, but I'm using a ROM and if it's not intensive games, it runs OK. Some people have the leak, some don't.

I haven't experienced lag or leak on mine, but I haven't tried any games yet.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I haven't experienced lag or leak on mine, but I haven't tried any games yet.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

I do like lollipop, but I want to see when it matures some more. Right now I'm not a fan of the color scheme, but under the hood, stuff looks interesting.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

4:20 glass at the Saucer... It's always the Wednesday before, so no, your phone isn't telling you the wrong date 😅

Attachments

• WP_20150415_17_39_15_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150415_17_39_15_Pro.jpg
    835.9 KB · Views: 8

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

4:20 glass at the Saucer... It's always the Wednesday before, so no, your phone isn't telling you the wrong date ��

lol I had to look on the bottom right corner of the screen to make sure :p btw isn't 4:20 where some people get high but never do it o_O ?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

lol I had to look on the bottom right corner of the screen to make sure :p btw isn't 4:20 where some people get high but never do it o_O ?

To some degree, yes... For instance, they do "random" drug tests where I work, so I don't touch the stuff, but still enjoy 4:20. I have a couple of friends that partake, and we all have a good times on 4/20...

History, some kids who called themselves "Waldos" would meet @ 4:20, after highschool, at a Louis Pasture statute to partake (some say to hunt an elusive pot field)... And that's where it allegedly started (possibly the whole "where's Waldo" thing too????)... Some say one of the "Waldos'" brother was a Grateful Dead roadie (or somehow involved with the band) and that's how it spread to be a worldwide thing.

There are those that think it was a cop code for pot, but s far as I know, the highschool kids from the 70's is the true story.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

To some degree, yes... For instance, they do "random" drug tests where I work, so I don't touch the stuff, but still enjoy 4:20. I have a couple of friends that partake, and we all have a good times on 4/20...

History, some kids who called themselves "Waldos" would meet @ 4:20, after highschool, at a Louis Pasture statute to partake (some say to hunt an elusive pot field)... And that's where it allegedly started (possibly the whole "where's Waldo" thing too????)... Some say one of the "Waldos'" brother was a Grateful Dead roadie (or somehow involved with the band) and that's how it spread to be a worldwide thing.

There are those that think it was a cop code for pot, but s far as I know, the highschool kids from the 70's is the true story.

oh wow I didn't know that about 4.20 and to think where's waldo was my childhood :O

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

you know I wasn't expecting mexico to lose to the US in the friendly soccer match then again Mexico didn't have its starting line up. a win is a win either way

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Sup gang.. Still rockin the Win10 TP on my 1520. Haven't had any real issues. Receiving calls and texts as usual. Both browsers work fine (Spartan and IE), the WC app, maps, Outlook email for all my email accounts. Lumia Camera 5 works great as always... Oh and I've been sending in a ton of feedback and suggestions; which is the point of this whole thing to begin with....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So how do you like it so far? I'm still on KK by choice.

I'm still using that theme you told me about so things aren't too different on the main screen. It's only when you start going into settings and other things that you run into lollipop.

I'm used to that thanks to my Nexus 7.

So far, no complaints though.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Sup gang.. Still rockin the Win10 TP on my 1520. Haven't had any real issues. Receiving calls and texts as usual. Both browsers work fine (Spartan and IE), the WC app, maps, Outlook email for all my email accounts. Lumia Camera 5 works great as always... Oh and I've been sending in a ton of feedback and suggestions; which is the point of this whole thing to begin with....
idk how you do it the one thing that bugged me when testing out the apps was the calendar and email app. the hamburger menu made me miss the old email and calendar apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos