WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm still using that theme you told me about so things aren't too different on the main screen. It's only when you start going into settings and other things that you run into lollipop.

I'm used to that thanks to my Nexus 7.

So far, no complaints though.
I was going to say something but I forgot what it was ._. dang I hate that feeling

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm running vanilla on the Nexus.
I could always get rid of Nova Launcher if I dislike it. I added it a week ago. The main reason I like it is because I can add more apps to folders without the size restrictions. I pretty much have the same layout on my Moto X and Nexus 7, so I know where all my apps are located. The number of apps in a folder isn't an issue on a tablet, but it is on a phone, due to the size of the screen compared to that of a tablet.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm still using that theme you told me about so things aren't too different on the main screen. It's only when you start going into settings and other things that you run into lollipop.

I'm used to that thanks to my Nexus 7.

So far, no complaints though.

OK. I'm still holding off on it.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I could always get rid of Nova Launcher if I dislike it. I added it a week ago. The main reason I like it is because I can add more apps to folders without the size restrictions. I pretty much have the same layout on my Moto X and Nexus 7, so I know where all my apps are located. The number of apps in a folder isn't an issue on a tablet, but it is on a phone, due to the size of the screen compared to that of a tablet.

There are many of launchers out there as options. Nova is baked in on the ROM I'm using on my N7, but I installed the Sony launcher too. I like the Nokia Z launcher but think it is a better fit for me with a smaller device.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

This end of semester is killer.

I picked up a blue M7. Always liked the phone and HTC and I'm reminded of why they have a long history of making ALMOST great products. My issue is that the phone was listed as unlocked when it is still locked to AT&T. Once I unlock it, I'll GPE it and then try out this Sense 7 port along with the Z launcher and the Sony launcher.

Now I just need to spring a Z3 tablet and get a SWR50 and then my upgrades are complete...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

OK. I'm still holding off on it.

Probably not a bad idea. I still don't have many complaints but I think my battery is draining a touch faster. It could have something to do with some apps though. Need to sort that out.

That's probably the one thing I miss on WP (I may be available but I'm not sure) and that's turning off background tasks.

I am liking the apps to SD card though. :)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Probably not a bad idea. I still don't have many complaints but I think my battery is draining a touch faster. It could have something to do with some apps though. Need to sort that out.

That's probably the one thing I miss on WP (I may be available but I'm not sure) and that's turning off background tasks.

Speaking of battery life my 635 does way better than my buddy's 2014 Moto X.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

I don't think I like the idea of owning anything that has google all over it. im not saying I don't like android I probably would like it but anything that google touches makes me look else where

I don't avoid Android or google like that but I'm loyal to Microsoft/Windows phone.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

I went to a lot of places today. Exhausted but still hungry for more . . . which reminds me, I'm hungry.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There are some tweaks in KK I like that are missing from lollipop so far. I'll wait to see what Sony does with 5.1 first before I take the plunge on my Z3. If I get a Z3 tab, that I'll update simply for the apps to SD option.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers