WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yeah. I'm wanting a HoloLens and a PlayStation 4 but that's about it now. Will have to see what wondrous tech awaits me in Japan.

They put everything in vending machines there. If you see one that has some focus and confidence, get a few items from it and we'll reimburse you after you ship them to Sahib...

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. This is my last week of internship for the semester. I'm so tired that it cannot end fast enough.

I'm annoyed with how replaceable the director at the internship made me last monday, but those are the breaks...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think come Tuesday I'll work on downgrading the Z3 and doing the data transfer from the N7. Playing asphalt 8 and having it hang on me from time to time on the N7 is annoying.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I really have an affinity for dying brands. I wish Nokia had made a unicorn 930. I liked the size of the 1520 but didn't like the audio and the fact that there were no "wear" options to the platform outside of the Band.

On the Android side, I really like the M9 and if I'm were buying a 64-bit phone today, I'd get that. I'm still happy with my Z3 though and won't upgrade that for the M9. Of the One series, the M7 is still to me the nicest. Strange how it has the same sized battery as the Moto X/N5/930 and yet with an older processor I may be able to coax better performance out of it...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Tomorrow is a laundry day and I have not yet sorted through clothes. I'll do that in the morning when I get home from the GF. At least the GF did her laundry. We've got to fix her bed at some point...been too lazy to do it over the past two weeks.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The only thing standing in the way of me and a completed semester is a home test, a short opinion paper and submitting case notes + an evaluating reviewed by my field supervisor. The first two things I'll get done tonight and the others I'll have done hopefully by Tuesday night.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

They put everything in vending machines there. If you see one that has some focus and confidence, get a few items from it and we'll reimburse you after you ship them to Sahib...

Yeah, I won't be getting everything from vending machines though. Besides, I've got bigger problems than that!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Had an interesting conversation with a patient yesterday. It was a one year later talk...it was about a year ago I told him in clinic he was HIV+. We have both come a long way...he is managing his illness very well, and I am a lot more comfortable talking with LGBT community members (he identifies as a gay male) due to my internship. He hasn't been in my office since the diagnosis but is in a healthy space where he admitted he didn't want to go to my office. We talked about that first and went into a lot of of the illness management topics afterwards - from meds management, new stuff on the horizon, general health, condom usage, disclosure to a partner, etc. I could tell he left even more respectful of me as a professional.

People can grow and change for the better when facing challenges. His challenge of managing the illness is obviously different from mine, but my challenge of being comfortable in providing a higher lever of care as a social worker is no slouch either.

Guess this is what makes life interesting. Those who can manage change well enough have an interestingly powerful and largely positive arc. Those who don't...

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

For the job I'm doing, the less Japanese you know, the better! But I'll naturally learn it while I'm over there!

It's not all about the job.
Some linguist(don't remember his name) told me that if you really want to get into a foreign culture you should at least learn the basics of the language before going there.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I thought it was Implied I wasn't :eek:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

Done means finished. Done does not mean working on it. You're either done (finished) or you're working on it.

Implied or otherwise.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Done means finished. Done does not mean working on it. You're either done (finished) or you're working on it.

Implied or otherwise.

But isn't working on it mean I'm not done ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05