WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

awww well I think maybe you will dig some stuff
My initial thoughts.

- Don't really like the new name for the browser.
- It's great that they brought out tools to help developers get apps easier on W10
- I think it may be a bit late in the game but we'll see
- didn't read up on holo lens yet
- or any other things

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

that is true but they do have more pc I just think it would just be blind hatred of msft not to target more consumers
You can't call it blind hatred.

MS need to find a compelling reason to make developers do it in the first place. Universal apps is not as appealing as people make it out to be. Most people on a PC will just do what they've always done.

Just because you can 'quickly' make a universal app doesn't mean there is no work involved. Then there's updates...

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The idea of Continuum is one that I first thought of when this idea of universal apps came out. I hope a docking station is coming along with that. One you can hook up an external drive to.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Overall I thought things are good. The one key thing is if they capture the mind of users. You can do all this stuff but it takes users to make it viable for developers.

It's still a waiting game.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

My initial thoughts.

- Don't really like the new name for the browser.
- It's great that they brought out tools to help developers get apps easier on W10
- I think it may be a bit late in the game but we'll see
- didn't read up on holo lens yet
- or any other things

I like the name edge though it does remind me of 2g

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So after reading most things (I didn't read everything) here's my thoughts.

I think overall the keynote was good and positive. It had a lot of great innovation and ideas. I think on the whole MS is moving in the right direction and it would appear their 'software' focus is the right idea.

Saying that I have some other points.

Though making it easier to get developers on to W10 doesn't mean it will happen. Since I'm not a developer I have no idea how easy it really is so I can't say one way or the other if these innovations have any ability to attract developers the way they hope. I can see more Android devs rather than Apple ones coming over if I were to choose. I've found some Apple devs to be a bit snobbish about developing for other platforms. It's really unfortunate these types of tools weren't around when WP8 first came out. I think it would have made a big difference. I'll give credit here to Nadella for that thinking.

Continuum. Great idea. It's sort of like a geek dream from years past come true. I remember when phones started to get 'smarter' and the desire to have a full fledged 'pocket' computer was around. My main concern here is the markets that MS is big in might be ignored and that's a concern. When your largest markets are emerging having premium handsets as the only means of using Continuum might make it niche. To me for this to succeed and become the norm use it needs to have universal appeal. I think having a multilevel approach here will make this possible. Sort of like the different levels of CPUs that already exist. Certain phones will be better with certain apps. One key thing is that they would be able to run full Office regardless. Think about that in context. Emerging markets having access to full Office on a cheap phone. That would be a selling point right there. I guess we'll see.

The new browser I'm neither here nor there about. I think some of the new integration ideas sound great.

Same goes for the new Office stuff.

I'm neither here nor there about the Linux/Mac stuff. I guess it's good.

Lastly, HoloLens. Again. Great idea. For me? Probably not. I can see the benefits of it though without doubt.

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

So after reading most things (I didn't read everything) here's my thoughts.

I think overall the keynote was good and positive. It had a lot of great innovation and ideas. I think on the whole MS is moving in the right direction and it would appear their 'software' focus is the right idea.

Saying that I have some other points.

Though making it easier to get developers on to W10 doesn't mean it will happen. Since I'm not a developer I have no idea how easy it really is so I can't say one way or the other if these innovations have any ability to attract developers the way they hope. I can see more Android devs rather than Apple ones coming over if I were to choose. I've found some Apple devs to be a bit snobbish about developing for other platforms. It's really unfortunate these types of tools weren't around when WP8 first came out. I think it would have made a big difference. I'll give credit here to Nadyala for that thinking.

Continuum. Great idea. It's sort of like a geek dream from years past come true. I remember when phones started to get 'smarter' and the desire to have a full fledged 'pocket' computer was around. My main concern here is the markets that MS is big in might be ignored and that's a concern. When your largest markets are emerging having premium handsets as the only means of using Continuum might make it niche. To me for this to succeed and become the norm use it needs to have universal appeal. I think having a multilevel approach here will make this possible. Sort like the different levels of CPUs that already exist. Certain phones will be better with certain apps. One key thing is that they would be able to run full Office regardless. Think about that in context. Emerging markets having access to full Office on a cheap phone. That would be a selling point right there. I guess we'll see.

The new browser I'm neither here nor there about. I think some of the new integration ideas sound great.

Same goes for the new Office stuff.

I'm neither here nor there about the Linux/Mac stuff. I guess it's good.

Lastly, HoloLens. Again. Great idea. For me? Probably not. I can see the benefits of it though without doubt.

On the whole, I agree.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site

He caught me off guard, plus I had a hard time turning down the volume on my phone.

Sent from Mr. Tech Man using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6