WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Changed my region settings to US but still no Cortana. Speech settings are English(US) . Location services are on. Running Lumia denim. No sign of Cortana. I also searched the store.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Changed my region settings to US but still no Cortana. Speech settings are English(US) . Location services are on. Running Lumia denim. No sign of Cortana. I also searched the store.

Well that's a bummer you'll find it soon enough

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Did you download the language pack?

Sent by my Honor 6

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Maybe it's just me but Cortana was never anything that excited me and the poor way they released it didn't help my opinion much. Add to the fact that you need to have location on, which drains WP like mad, and it becomes somewhat of a toy rather than anything useful.

Hope the next phones have good batteries.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My wife's L820 died on her when using it as a GPS. She wasn't impressed. It was plugged in as well.

My phone actually charges when when I use it as a GPS and plugged in. Something my L920 never did.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

Maybe it's just me but Cortana was never anything that excited me and the poor way they released it didn't help my opinion much. Add to the fact that you need to have location on, which drains WP like mad, and it becomes somewhat of a toy rather than anything useful.

Hope the next phones have good batteries.

Keeping Location Services on doesn't mean that it accessing your location all the time. Just that its allowed to.
It battery drainage is negligible.
But maybe Cortana accesses location all the time like a GPS so maybe that's why location services cause battery drainage then.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Keeping Location Services on doesn't mean that it accessing your location all the time. Just that its allowed to.
It battery drainage is negligible.
But maybe Cortana accesses location all the time like a GPS so maybe that's why location services cause battery drainage then.
If you plan to use Cortana properly then you need both data and GPS on.

Location based reminders to use an example. Those don't work without GPS.

If you want to use it as a toy, like most people seem to, then you don't need to worry. Having data or GPS off won't change anything.

Not sure how well Cortana would work in your country with US settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa