WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Oh please. You should have seen the dust up Sahib and I had 18 months ago on the thread. What happened recently here was lightweight compared to that.

We don't bust Sahib as much as we used to, as in we the OGs still left on the thread.

Posted via Xperia Z3

And that's exactly why I said that. I try not to make fun of anyone if there's a chance that it might hurt them.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

And that's exactly why I said that. I try not to make fun of anyone if there's a chance that it might hurt them.

We've never mocked or made fun of Sahib here. Anything we've pointed out has been to his benefit, ultimately. This situation was no different, and my dust up with him was the same.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

We've never mocked or made fun of Sahib here. Anything we've pointed out has been to his benefit, ultimately. This situation was no different, and my dust up with him was the same.

Posted via Xperia Z3

I'm glad you feel that way. I never actually said that you made fun/mock him. And it's a good thing that you helped him out by pointing out some stuff.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm glad you feel that way. I never actually said that you made fun/mock him. And it's a good thing that you helped him out by pointing out some stuff.
One can always choose to learn from a situation or leave/withdraw from it. We'll find out soon enough which path our young warrior has chosen. It's never easy to digest criticism even if it is positive and ultimately going to help you in the long run. True wisdom comes from acknowledgement and behavior change. Looking inward is very different than withdrawal.

MSFTisMIA is right about the prior dust ups. This one is mild compared to those. I also believe N_LaRUE has pointed out a few things to him before as well. I believe that I have tried a couple of times to point out some things the only difference is that perhaps this time I might have put the last straw on this "camel's back".

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One can always choose to learn from a situation or leave/withdraw from it. We'll find out soon enough which path our young warrior has chosen. It's never easy to digest criticism even if it is positive and ultimately going to help you in the long run. True wisdom comes from acknowledgement and behavior change. Looking inward is very different than withdrawal.

MSFTisMIA is right about the prior dust ups. This one is mild compared to those. I also believe N_LaRUE has pointed out a few things to him before as well. I believe that I have tried a couple of times to point out some things the only difference is that perhaps this time I might have put the last straw on this "camel's back".

Indeed.

Sahib and I have had a good conversation offline many moons ago, so he knows where I stand and what I think about him. Truth be told, the world is changing and in some ways not for the better. Young people coming up are going to have to learn quickly the power of change they possess and how to channel it in beneficial ways. The elders that Rue, 99 and myself (Muessig too) among many others have learned from are "leaving", creating a vaccuum because some of us in my group didn't pay attention. In my work with young people, I see a derth of knowledge and a drive for true guidance that is not being adequately met...that worries me and is what I do the work I do. I'm very curious to see what will happen going forward, although I suspect Rue and I share a not as positive view on this topic (Rue a bit more pessimistic than myself).

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rue a bit more pessimistic than myself

I don't really want to be pessimistic. It's just sometimes disappointing when we have this great and wonderful scientific world and yet we still have barbarism on the scale of genocide still happening. We have people who live in a rather peaceful society but hold beliefs that people not like them should be slaughtered. We have people believing that books from thousands of years ago with questionable morals are more important than what we have now.

We live in a really messed up society based on the concept that a thing is more important than another human being. That the idea of 'economy' is more important that health. That being wealthy is more important than our planet.

Simply put. Our universe, our solar system, our sun, our earth really could care less that we are here. We only have each other as far as we know and in our brief history on this planet with our so called 'superior' brains we haven't learnt how to deal with that.

We're like belligerent teenagers traipsing about the planet with a strong possibility of never reaching adulthood the way we're going.

That's why I'm pessimistic.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I don't really want to be pessimistic. It's just sometimes disappointing when we have this great and wonderful scientific world and yet we still have barbarism on the scale of genocide still happening. We have people who live in a rather peaceful society but hold beliefs that people not like them should be slaughtered. We have people believing that books from thousands of years ago with questionable morals are more important than what we have now.

We live in a really messed up society based on the concept that a thing is more important than another human being. That the idea of 'economy' is more important that health. That being wealthy is more important than our planet.

Simply put. Our universe, our solar system, our sun, our earth really could care less that we are here. We only have each other as far as we know and in our brief history on this planet with our so called 'superior' brains we haven't learnt how to deal with that.

We're like belligerent teenagers traipsing about the planet with a strong possibility of never reaching adulthood the way we're going.

That's why I'm pessimistic.

I guess you were editing this comment whilst I was trying to read it. So on my mobile (Lumia 830) it kept showing up as a blank comment. Interesting how stuff behaves on the web versus the mobile Tapatalk app. I stopped using the WC app on my WP a long time ago, even though I paid for it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I guess you were editing this comment whilst I was trying to read it. So on my mobile (Lumia 830) it kept showing up as a blank comment. Interesting how stuff behaves on the web versus the mobile Tapatalk app. I stopped using the WC app on my WP a long time ago, even though I paid for it.

Yeah it was hard to type it because I was constantly being surrounded by people... of higher rank than myself....

Not always easy to type that much. :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I finally rooted my Nexus 7! It was a pain to do the first time, but I've since practiced more with NRT from Wugfresh and even installed a custom recovery I grabbed from XDA, rather than the default recovery that the software recommend.

I'm going to install Xposed eventually, but not until a stable build for Lollipop 5.1.1 is available. Xposed for Lollipop 5.1.1 is only an alpha now.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I finally rooted my Nexus 7! It was a pain to do the first time, but I've since practiced more with NRT from Wugfresh and even installed a custom recovery I grabbed from XDA, rather than the default recovery that the software recommend.

I'm going to install Xposed eventually, but not until a stable build for Lollipop 5.1.1 is available. Xposed for Lollipop 5.1.1 is only an alpha now.

5.1.1 is terrible on my N7, it is so laggy now it is not funny. Makes Resuming and Loading on my WP so much more bearable....

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

5.1.1 is terrible on my N7, it is so laggy now it is not funny. Makes Resuming and Loading on my WP so much more bearable....
It's better than 5.0.2 for me. I didn't have lag before I rooted, but of course I did a hard reset when I unlocked the bootloader.

I haven't used Greenify, but one of the AC Ambassadors recommends it. Some of the higher level features require root.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is why even though I still have my N7, I haven't updated it from the 5.0.2 ROM I was using. Lollipop on these older hardware is a j-o-k-e for some of us users who aren't trying to push the device either...

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

Just a 3 day convention where you can watch anime and see lots of people cosplaying. I took 100+ pics last year, but have been too busy (or too lazy) to post them on my web page.

Can you PM me the name of your web page?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750