WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I've never driven one either, but they look like nice cars. I see them frequently in my neighbourhood.
I see them around here as well but we mostly have Audi's, BMW's and Merc's.

All are pretty popular cars here in the UK.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Wow. You're brave. You'll be the last on my list.
Chances are you'll probably end up in Dubai or Abu Dhabi or Doha and then take a 16.5 hour flight to LA so you'll be so wiped out when you land and you will not have the energy to punch and run😁

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Early 30s. Never had a need to own a car and drive consistently before moving outside of NYC. Never had the need to drive in Jamaica either because the cars were for those who worked in the family.

That's why...1st car.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
Ah NYC.. I see.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

What I paid for it: $150. I'd throw in a clear case and screen protectors for free, naturally. You can fish around and get a moto x gen 1 at&t locked for a little cheaper if you just want an android for giggles...but the M7 is a little better choice.

I'll think about it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll think about it.

OK. Take your time, as I'm also not rushing to sell it. I'm going to convert it to a GPE model so that it has stock Android and get updates quicker from Google than leaving it on AT&T's software.

If all else fails, I can send it to 99 who will use it for 3 hours and then sell it on Swappa...lol...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've never driven one so I can't say much. I haven't heard anything bad about them.

I've found the best way to know if it's the right car for you is to see if you can rent one for a weekend and test it out for yourself before purchase. That east you can hopefully test both the enjoyment and the possible annoyances.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

Will do this. Thanks for the tip.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Thanks for the feedback about the Mini Cooper.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm a late bloomer in the driving business because I've been commuting all my life and never had the need to use a car. I think thought that if I change jobs and stay in NJ, I'll need one for sure. Where I live isn't bad and if you have a car your quality of life actually improves because all the really nice stuff is with in a 30 min - 1 hour driving distance.

To start off I don't want anything fancy. I've always like the minis and I drive in a ford focus or fusion a while back and was impressed by that too. I like the Dodge Chargers too. My dream car whenever I get important is a Jaguar S Type or a Mercedes AMG Electric Drive. The electric drive really impresses me based on what I've been reading about it so far. And I like the higher performance and yet it is environmentally friendly.

When I get a house I want to add an electric charging station and some solar panels too. Pretty much I'd like to own an electric car to drive around locally in the week and a fancy gas guzzler to look cute on weekends.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I'm headed to the post office now. Gonna go early so I don't have to curse out the mail folk. They do get a raw deal here in the US - one of my cousins works in a post office in Florida and she is itching to retire. Still, my post office is bad though.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel