WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I'm headed to the list office now. Gonna go early so I don't have to curse out the mail folk. They do get a raw deal here in the US - one of my cousins works in a post office in Florida and she is itching to retire. Still, my post office is bad though.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
My father retired after 40 years with the Post Office about 10 years ago. I've heard the horror stories. Nowadays, it's not as bad though, with the digital age, email and all... They're shutting down Post Offices left and right. These days, they're struggling just to compete with commercial parcel shipping companies (Fedex, UPS, etc..)

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Every technical preview release makes my Surface Pro lose functionality. I am on the edge to going back to 8.1 and maybe stay there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My father retired after 40 years with the Post Office about 10 years ago. I've heard the horror stories. Nowadays, it's not as bad though, with the digital age, email and all... They're shutting down Post Offices left and right. These days, they're struggling just to compete with commercial parcel shipping companies (Fedex, UPS, etc..)

I suppose. Some of that is mismanagement, like many other things. It is a shame though with how this country treats the grunt work basic services like the postal service. I wish that the country wouldn't focus so much on money grabbing and reinvest some of those dollars into some needed services.

Granted, competition is good for the USPS, but they have a monopoly on certain things still.

Posted via the One (M7)

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

I know. Wonder what will happen to them in another 10 or so.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So MS might have been sticking their noses in UK politics... along with other IT companies it would seem. If this is true (we'll never know without confirmation of some sort) it would appear MS is not far off their 'old' ways.

Microsoft faces claims it threatened MPs with job cuts in constituencies | Technology | The Guardian

Like there aren't enough people meddling in UK politics as us, right?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

OK. Take your time, as I'm also not rushing to sell it. I'm going to convert it to a GPE model so that it has stock Android and get updates quicker from Google than leaving it on AT&T's software.

If all else fails, I can send it to 99 who will use it for 3 hours and then sell it on Swappa...lol...

Almost tempted to get a Nexus 6.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Amongst all the doom and gloom a new post office opened up close to my house and I promptly helped them out by shipping out my Lumia 635 to a fellow WC member.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Every technical preview release makes my Surface Pro lose functionality. I am on the edge to going back to 8.1 and maybe stay there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you revert back to 8.1 you will lose the 'Edge' though😁

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I suppose. Some of that is mismanagement, like many other things. It is a shame though with how this country treats the grunt work basic services like the postal service. I wish that the country wouldn't focus so much on money grabbing and reinvest some of those dollars into some needed services.

Granted, competition is good for the USPS, but they have a monopoly on certain things still.

Posted via the One (M7)
Don't forget infrastructure....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Like there aren't enough people meddling in UK politics as us, right?

Oh all the big US names are here bugging the government all the time. Nothing new really. People with money getting what they want more or less.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

So many notifications. What are you guys talking about?
Wait don't bother. I won't be here to read it anyway.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Interesting week ahead.

3 day weekend followed 3 day week followed by another 3 day weekend. :) Yeah life is hard. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Interesting week ahead.

3 day weekend followed 3 day week followed by another 3 day weekend. :) Yeah life is hard. :p

You lucky scoundrel... I merely just have to settle for s long holiday weekend that runs from today through Tuesday...

Posted via the One (M7)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the official update is that the GF and I are rescheduling the retreat to July 4th weekend.

Now I just have to think of some stuff to do for this weekend.

Posted via the One (M7)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb