WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So do they in the US. Doesn't change the fact that most doctors have ****ty handwriting that only pharmacists and some lawyers and some assistants can read...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

The worst handwriting is for doctors in India and the reason is they do not want patients to figure out the medication they are prescribing so the next time they can just walk into a pharmacy and order some themselves. Also they recommend the patient goes to a certain pharmacy because they get a kickback from the proprietor of that pharmacy....SMH....our family doctor didn't care because he only saw patients with insurance (a rarity in India even today) and so he had the best penmanship I have ever seen.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Best thing I have read today...
Matthew Ingram's quote:
“Apple sees services as a way to sell devices and for Google it’s the opposite. Which is why Apple sucks at services and Google sucks at devices.”

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oil change in the car. I run the full synthetic Mobil 1 with a 15K mile filter, so need a change about once a year.
Then might go to Hurricane Harbor - the little one has been bugging us quite a bit for some time now.
Or we might head down to the beach.
Sunday there are some IKEA plans to get some pots to plant our portable vegetable and herb garden.
That should keep me quite busy...

You never get a break...lol...

Gonna stop briefly at my colleague's swansong happy hour and the head to the GF, since I have a busy work day tomorrow.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The worst handwriting is for doctors in India and the reason is they do not want patients to figure out the medication they are prescribing so the next time they can just walk into a pharmacy and order some themselves. Also they recommend the patient goes to a certain pharmacy because they get a kickback from the proprietor of that pharmacy....SMH....our family doctor didn't care because he only saw patients with insurance (a rarity in India even today) and so he had the best penmanship I have ever seen.

Ah, what a sham and a scam indeed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Volvo has jumped on the Android Wear bandwagon and will allow Wear users to unlock their cars from their wrists pretty soon.

Folks, that's just the beginning...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I really wish Sony would do something with their Small apps. That's the one thing I like on Samsung's Note line and their tablets...multi-window is actually very useful. Surprised more Android tablet makers still don't offer some version of this. It still doesn't compare to MSFT's split window set up, but it is decent way to make tabs more productive...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Any weekend plans for folks?

Baking class tomorrow in London. Early b-day gift. Car is the shop getting a full service and getting some oil leaks fixed.

We found out the tires were over inflated... ? Explains the handling issues.

Car should be in tip top shape but we need to sort out one more thing which hopefully is a small issue. :)

After that it's new tires in a few months. :)

So not too exciting for me this weekend I'm afraid.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

So not too exciting for me this weekend I'm afraid.

I'm ready for the weekend... My 930 should be waiting for me when I get home or UPS should be right behind me with it...

Last weekend (3 days long) was messed up because the toilet was leaking from the base and took longer to retile the floor and replace it than I'd like to admit... So I should have a free pass to have fun this weekend!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm ready for the weekend... My 930 should be waiting for me when I get home or UPS should be right behind me with it...

Last weekend (3 days long) was messed up because the toilet was leaking from the base and took longer to retile the floor and replace it than I'd like to admit... So I should have a free pass to have fun this weekend!

You got a 930? Nice! What color is it?

Posted via Xperia Z3

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So do they in the US. Doesn't change the fact that most doctors have ****ty handwriting that only pharmacists and some lawyers and some assistants can read...

Do they teach doctors to write like that in medical school? I don't know, but I guessed they were taught to do that so their writing would be hard to forge. I've never seen legible handwriting from any doctor I've gone to.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Do they teach doctors to write like that in medical school? I don't know, but I guessed they were taught to do that so their writing would be hard to forge. I've never seen legible handwriting from any doctor I've gone to.

They don't. I asked one of the attendings that where I work a few years ago and she said no...although she thought it was cool that they write bad like that...

I think it is more about shorthand and the need to write quickly because they're juggling multiple things simultaneously than anything else. I know doctors who wrote beautifully when they have time...but as soon as it gets to be a zoo things get sloppier....

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Don't look now, but I think the guy sitting to my right is gaming on an Amazon Fire Phone.

A Fire Phone in the wild? Almost as rare a sight as an honest politician...

Posted via Xperia Z3
Made me smile... The politician thing.

Sent by my Honor 6

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

This weekend will involve my car to, like larue. Heading to the dealer to fix some internal issues like fixing the arm rest. Also tempted to head over to a detailer not to far from me to get a quote to restore paintwork to factory condition, and protect it long term.

Fun.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This weekend will involve my car to, like larue. Heading to the dealer to fix some internal issues like fixing the arm rest. Also tempted to head over to a detailer not to far from me to get a quote to restore paintwork to factory condition, and protect it long term.

Fun.
A detail is the next step for us as well. Inside and out.

We have a couple of scratches were thinking about getting sorted as well.

It will come down to if it's worth while though. I don't mind spending a couple of ?100 here and there for things but when the cost creeps up you start to wonder if it's worth it.

Ah, cars... Pain in the behind.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss