WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Had fun during the fruit stand offering pickup today. Met a member from AndroidCentral at a local Starbucks. We had fun chatting about our devices and preferences. Also showed him the tricks of the trade so to speak. Here is a pic...
View attachment 105751
What device is between the iPhone and the LG?

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So there's a company here rolling out 1GB internet. Fibre to home. I've put my interest in. Hopefully there are a few people here wanting that. It's just a touch more expensive than what I pay now. My contact is up late this month.

That would be insane to have speeds like that! My wife would have to upgrade her machine... Finally...

Ignorance, there is a cure.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So there's a company here rolling out 1GB internet. Fibre to home. I've put my interest in. Hopefully there are a few people here wanting that. It's just a touch more expensive than what I pay now. My contact is up late this month.

That would be insane to have speeds like that! My wife would have to upgrade her machine... Finally...

I wish we had that here! AFAIK, only Verizon and Google have GB Internet. Verizon never had a presence here. This has always been AT&T territory. I doubt if Google is interested.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I wish we had that here! AFAIK, only Verizon and Google have GB Internet. Verizon never had a presence here. This has always been AT&T territory. I doubt if Google is interested.

We'll only get it if there's enough interest in our complex. Otherwise we'll have to wait... no idea of timelines unfortunately.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Mine maxes out at 125...your speeds are beyond nuts...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Last edited:

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Checked a popular local market and I don't see 3s anymore. Perhaps keep it and load it with Microsoft stuff. Wait, can it upgrade to 8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Checked a popular local market and I don't see 3s anymore. Perhaps keep it and load it with Microsoft stuff. Wait, can it upgrade to 8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is that it will upgrade to iOS 6 and then just commit suicide since the hardware can't keep up:)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My guess is that it will upgrade to iOS 6 and then just commit suicide since the hardware can't keep up:)

I'd keep it on iOS 5, actually. The biggest problem I have is that I have no apps anymore for iOS. Here's what I mean.

On my desktop I had a large cadre of apps. During my fruit Stand stage (2010), I owned about 350 apps, including a few immoral ones no longer in the app store. When I upgraded to Windows 8.1 from XP, it wiped out all those apps. My old netbook may have a few still, but these were all the good old apps that would run smoothly on the older hardware like a 3G or the Classico.

So it may prove even more of a headache at this point.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If it doesn't have value to you anymore then get rid of it for a price.

I may just do that. There are other pressing matters at hand.

I do like the zenfone. While I think my M7 is still a competent fit as a spare, I'll watch the Zenfone 2's progress on XDA.

Posted via the One (M7)

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

The Zenfone 2 is a fine phone, and is even cheaper (here) and better (looks, specs) than my Honor 6. Can you do me a favor? Will you be able to have *both* LTE and Wi-Fi on at the same time?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The Zenfone 2 is a fine phone, and is even cheaper (here) and better (looks, specs) than my Honor 6. Can you do me a favor? Will you be able to have *both* LTE and Wi-Fi on at the same time?
I would doubt that WiFi and LTE work simultaneously unless Intel did something radically different than Qualcomm.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Mine maxes out at 125...your speeds are beyond nuts...

Posted via Xperia Z3
Currently my internet speed is just 78mps, which is rarely achieved. My wife complains about it. Of course I think her laptop is 99% the issue though.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I would doubt that WiFi and LTE work simultaneously unless Intel did something radically different than Qualcomm.

My Lumia 636 works with both data and Wi-Fi on. That allows me to connect to the internet and DLNA or Miracast to my TV.

The Honor 6 and iPhone won't do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa