WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Currently my internet speed is just 78mps, which is rarely achieved. My wife complains about it. Of course I think her laptop is 99% the issue though.

Ignorance, there is a cure.
I should point out that I think there are issues with our router which I'll look into more if this new high speed service doesn't come along quickly.

My wife's laptop is a bit on the old side. It might not have the highest speed of WiFi.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I should point out that I think there are issues with our router which I'll look into more if this new high speed service doesn't come along quickly.

My wife's laptop is a bit on the old side. It might not have the highest speed of WiFi.
How about a new computer for her on her birthday?

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Currently my internet speed is just 78mps, which is rarely achieved. My wife complains about it. Of course I think her laptop is 99% the issue though.

So she bought the new car on the spot and yet it is pulling teeth to get her a new laptop?

Yup...sounds like married life to me indeed.

By the way, she won't bite for something like a Surface with a purple cover?

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So she bought the new car on the spot and yet it is pulling teeth to get her a new laptop?

Oh she has the Surface Pro 3 with purple cover. That's her going to London computer. I've suggested making that her main computer and picking up a dock and monitor. She didn't say much to the suggestion.

We have another computer for her to start using which is a few months old. She can't make up her mind if she wants to use it or not. She was very busy the last few months so it was a bit difficult to suggest changing computers.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We sort of needed a new car and we've been looking for some time. The new computer thing is a preference. Besides she bought the car she wanted. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh she has the Surface Pro 3 with purple cover. That's her going to London computer. I've suggested making that her main computer and picking up a dock and monitor. She didn't say much to the suggestion.

We have another computer for her to start using which is a few months old. She can't make up her mind if she wants to use it or not. She was very busy the last few months so it was a bit difficult to suggest changing computers.

Well, I guess that's that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We sort of needed a new car and we've been looking for some time. The new computer thing is a preference. Besides she bought the car she wanted. :p

Isn't it usually the case - they what they want and we have to pull teeth for our stuff?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. After 3 days of an early start to cleaning, I'm lounging around like a bum today before I get down to business...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I got my fire stick last night and of course the wrong converter came with it. Now I have to wait until tomorrow when the new one arrives. In the meantime, I'll set it up by the GF tonight. While it has been neat watching TV on my monitor and Z3TC the past few days, I want TV on my TV again.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I got my fire stick last night and of course the wrong converter came with it. Now I have to wait until tomorrow when the new one arrives. In the meantime, I'll set it up by the GF tonight. While it has been neat watching TV on my monitor and Z3TC the past few days, I want TV on my TV again.

What I really want to do is start casting games off the tablet onto the TV and use the tablet like a controller. Technically I can hook up a PS4 controller to either the Z3C or the Z3TC, but I have no PS4 and neither do I want one. I do however like the looks of the Shield TV. If I got a new TV, I'd get a shield TV to go with it. I'd buy my movies through Xbox and Amazon and run everything through that. Beats having to buy a console.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

Hi guys. I think my classes and study hours are eating up all of my time.i don't get enough time to do much of anything else.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Quite nice weather we have here I must say :D
95c3cce7564764c9e92f4834ba44751f.jpg

Sent from my Motorola Moto G 2014

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Mine is 30Mbps and sometimes all three of us are at streaming a show on our respective gadgets☺

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My Lumia 636 works with both data and Wi-Fi on. That allows me to connect to the internet and DLNA or Miracast to my TV.

The Honor 6 and iPhone won't do that.
But would WiFi still not be the dominant method? At work for some weird reason Skype and Yahoo on mobile are blocked and I can get these apps to work on my Lumia 830 only when I turn WiFi off.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

But would WiFi still not be the dominant method? At work for some weird reason Skype and Yahoo on mobile are blocked and I can get these apps to work on my Lumia 830 only when I turn WiFi off.

Not doing the same thing so dominance is somewhat not in context.

Example, I'm connected to LTE data and watching YouTube. I then connect via Miracast to my TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Not doing the same thing so dominance is somewhat not in context.

Example, I'm connected to LTE data and watching YouTube. I then connect via Miracast to my TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But how do you know that YouTube is not streaming via WiFi?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire