WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You're at work an hour early LaRue? Nasty.

Sahib tried very hard to dissect your local vernacular - a mean feat to be sure. Lets refrain from providing glossaries when encouraging the expansion of his knowledge base. This exacerbates the situation and defeats the point.

LOL!

Yeah I misread the clock...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

oh ok I can see avro but smokeo I don't see the connection there :p

Well first - smoke break, when a person goes and have a cigarette. So instead of saying break they say having a smoke.

Smokeo - the O comes from the Australianization of the word. You'll find a lot of O's at the end of words in Australia.

You'll also find a lot of shortened words in Australia as well.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Makes me miss Australia, this on-going talk.

My company used to have offices in Sydney and Melbourne.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'd like to visit Australia just to see the animals found nowhere else in the world.

You could technically say that about any country but I understand what you mean. The environment has created some interesting mammals. Lots of them are not overly friendly...

Australia is not that far away these days... I'd just recommend a least three weeks, preferably four. Have lots of money unless you don't mind staying in cheaper accommodation. It's not cheap in Australia in general for food, accommodation or anything for that matter...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

You could technically say that about any country but I understand what you mean. The environment has created some interesting mammals. Lots of them are not overly friendly...

Australia is not that far away these days... I'd just recommend a least three weeks, preferably four. Have lots of money unless you don't mind staying in cheaper accommodation. It's not cheap in Australia in general for food, accommodation or anything for that matter...
Yes, the marsupials are particularly fascinating. Zoos all over the world have them, but seeing the animals in their natural environment is always the best!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'd need to get a passport before I could do either.

Well that's always a good step.... LOL!

I didn't get my first passport until I was 32. So I know the feeling. My first overseas trip was to Australia.

Maybe just get the passport and then go from there. :) Nothing wrong with having one. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb