WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

What sort of training qualifications? Looking to get some hands on experience teaching English to help me out.

You could look at volunteering as a starting point. Maybe contact this place and see if you can help out somewhere - English in the Community | community-based english language lessons or if they know of other organisations.

What I was suggesting though was something like this - Award in Education and Training (AET) - East London College

It teaches you to teach. I know the TEFL has an element to this but it's always nice to have a basis of understanding teaching skills.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Corokwers are being even more ineffective today that usual...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

10080 build for phones has been taken out of fast ring right? I'm getting an update notification for my 636...

I don't think it's been taken out. I think it's build 10080. What you could do is revert back to 8.1 and then tomorrow check for the update. That way you don't get build 10080 and have to revert back again to get the newer build. Also it's to be safe than sorry

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't feel like reverting my 810 to 8.1 to get the new build. So Im ride the slow ring until they find a fix
sent from my rare green linux 830

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I don't think it's been taken out. I think it's build 10080. What you could do is revert back to 8.1 and then tomorrow check for the update. That way you don't get build 10080 and have to revert back again to get the newer build. Also it's to be safe than sorry
I got an update for Windows Insider app.

Sent by my Honor 6

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So yesterday I decided to play around with my Meizu M1 Note and re-create the benchmarks for this device that most tech websites tend to do. Specifically like how the Ars Technica writers Ron Amadeo (Android) and Peter Bright (Windows) tend to do. I really like how they graphically present their results. After these two guys, I think number two on my list for graphical presentation would be the folks over at Anandtech, they do a very nice job as well.

The reason for running these benchmark tests was that it would be fun and also to see how a Chinese OctaCore MTK processor would stack up against other devices out there. Also if the benchmark numbers were reasonably decent then why couldn't MSFT put these MTK OctaCore processors in their low end devices so that they ran much faster (less Resuming and Loading screens) versus more expensive but slower Qualcomm 200 and 400 series processors?

I am compiling the results now and will post back in a bit.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So yesterday I decided to play around with my Meizu M1 Note and re-create the benchmarks for this device that most tech websites tend to do. Specifically like how the Ars Technica writers Ron Amadeo (Android) and Peter Bright (Windows) tend to do. I really like how they graphically present their results. After these two guys, I think number two on my list for graphical presentation would be the folks over at Anandtech, they do a very nice job as well.

The reason for running these benchmark tests was that it would be fun and also to see how a Chinese OctaCore MTK processor would stack up against other devices out there. Also if the benchmark numbers were reasonably decent then why couldn't MSFT put these MTK OctaCore processors in their low end devices so that they ran much faster (less Resuming and Loading screens) versus more expensive but slower Qualcomm 200 and 400 series processors?

I definitely am interested in seeing your results.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That will be interesting to look at 😁

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MSFT probably signed a longstanding agreement with Qualcomm. Plus there were and still are some concerns about the GPUs MTK uses.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Okay so I got done running the tests between the meetings. Here is the original Anandtech review of the Lumia 640:
The Microsoft Lumia 640 Review

I mimicked the tests on their system performance test and ran some graphs. They are attached below. Except for WebXPRT 2013, the Meizu eats the Lumia 640's lunch without any problems. I will address the GPU stuff that MSFTisMIA brought up in a separate post.

Oh and you can compare the specs of the two devices here:
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Meizu-m1-note,Microsoft-Lumia-640/phones/9140,9253

Basemark II OS.jpg
Google Octane.jpg
Kraken.jpg
WebXPRT 2013.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

MSFT probably signed a longstanding agreement with Qualcomm. Plus there were and still are some concerns about the GPUs MTK uses.

The Lumia 640 XL uses a Adreno 305 but it is not specified for Lumia 640. For the sake of comparison here we will presume that the Lumia 640 also has the Adreno 305 GPU. The Meizu M1 Note uses a Mali T760 MP2 GPU. I also included the best scores in the categories where I could find head to head data. I still think that the Meizu performs quite admirably.

So my thought process is why can't MSFT make low end / mid grade devices with MTK processors and seriously throw Android under the bus?
And then of course use the Qualcomm processor and/or Intel processors for the higher end devices?

Attachments

• GFX Bench results.jpg
    GFX Bench results.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I just checked Amazon. Based upon the comparisons of the Meizu M1 Note and the Lumia 640, there's no way I'd buy the 640, based upon the weak specs for around the same price for an unlocked dual SIM device. The Meizu M1 Note offers much more bang for the buck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss