WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Glad today's work day is over. I'm sitting in downtown BK, outside a favortie restaurant getting dinner for 3 - The GF, her mom and myself. Haven't people watched like this in a while.

Lots of hot bodies and on the outside healthy looking people to look at walking by. I must say, NYC is a great place to people watch...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I won't lie folks, I'm sitting here people watching and still debating whether or not to get a Moto 360.

As much as I like my Z3, I'm also debating about getting a capable spare to use. I should do a poll and get some responses...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I won't lie folks, I'm sitting here people watching and still debating whether or not to get a Moto 360.

As much as I like my Z3, I'm also debating about getting a capable spare to use. I should do a poll and get some responses...

Posted via Xperia Z3

So folks I'm going to take a poll. Here are the choices: (Android only, as my 930 is going no place and is used for mostly picture taking and I have a Citizen Eco Drive that goes great with it)

HTC One M7 (currently own)
Asus Zenfone 2
Other (please specify. Examples include Nexus 5, Moto X 2014, OnePlus One, etc)

It just has to go well with a Moto 360. Nice camera welcome but not necessary. Nothing pricey, so none of the 2015 flagships count...unless I get a G4 for free which pushes my Z3 to become that spare.

Posted via Xperia Z3

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm glad I only need to go to the BMV office once every four years for a new driver license.

I order my registration (plates or sticker) online.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Like what 99 said in Cali its every 5 years. I wonder why every state has different driving laws. I find that that interesting.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So folks I'm going to take a poll. Here are the choices: (Android only, as my 930 is going no place and is used for mostly picture taking and I have a Citizen Eco Drive that goes great with it)

HTC One M7 (currently own)
Asus Zenfone 2
Other (please specify. Examples include Nexus 5, Moto X 2014, OnePlus One, etc)

It just has to go well with a Moto 360. Nice camera welcome but not necessary. Nothing pricey, so none of the 2015 flagships count...unless I get a G4 for free which pushes my Z3 to become that spare.

Posted via Xperia Z3

I'd go with the one plus one. As cheap and well spec'd is the asus Zen phone I think you will be disappointed with the bloat and maybe screen quality. I was looking at some reviews for the Zen phone and they said its a good phone but the screen is lacking. Maybe is an ymmv. But my vote is the one plus one

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'd go with the one plus one. As cheap and well spec'd is the asus Zen phone I think you will be disappointed with the bloat and maybe screen quality. I was looking at some reviews for the Zen phone and they said its a good phone but the screen is lacking. Maybe is an ymmv. But my vote is the one plus one
The ASUS ZenFone 2 bootloader can be unlocked. http://www.androidcentral.com/asus-zenfone-2-bootloader-gets-unlocked-unofficially-let-fun-begin

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Engineering on the whole is an interesting thing it sort of depends what kind of engineering you get into and where you get a job. To me development is more interesting than design but that's me. Design can be interesting in the right industry but not necessarily in my industry.

I don't have much to say about pharmacy other than they make good money but it can be a hard job.
Pharmacy would be probably the easiest to find a job here. We have 2 big companies, Krka and Lek.

Poslano z mojega SM-T520 z uporabo Tapatalk

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

I wonder why Microsoft isn't attempting to do what the Chinese OEM's & asus (with the zenphone 2)are doing, to increase their market share? Selling Flagships WP's for $400 to $500 & mid-range WP's with flagship-like specs(1080p screens, 16-64GB memory and 2 GB for ram) for $200 to $300 out the gate.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

I wonder why Microsoft isn't attempting to do what the Chinese OEM's & asus (with the zenphone 2)are doing, to increase their market share? Selling Flagships WP's for $400 to $500 & mid-range WP's with flagship-like specs(1080p screens, 16-64GB memory and 2 GB for ram) for $200 to $300 out the gate.

Because even that wouldn't help I don't think. I think the only way it'll work is if they can stop the negative double standards. Such as Xbox vs PlayStation. PlayStation implements DRM, nobody cares, Xbox implements it and everybody loses their minds. Same for phones. Other companies get a free pass for almost everything but Microsoft do anything right and it's still wrong. They could start selling flagship phones for ?50 (about $80) without contract and people would still be told that's bad and don't touch Windows Phone with a ten foot barge pole even if it gets every single app currently out and gets every new app as an exclusive.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know for all the flak the OnePlus One got, I'll say (and 99 may agree) this - you get a lemon free one and the phone was a treat to use. I'd almost get another one. Some of the customizations on CM I miss and AudioFX made my commutes enjoyable. It is on my list for sure...but still too pricey.

I liked the Zenfone 2, Sahib. The bloatware isn't as bad - I have a Sony, remember - and as long as I throw another lunacher on it, I'm good.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Because even that wouldn't help I don't think. I think the only way it'll work is if they can stop the negative double standards. Such as Xbox vs PlayStation. PlayStation implements DRM, nobody cares, Xbox implements it and everybody loses their minds. Same for phones. Other companies get a free pass for almost everything but Microsoft do anything right and it's still wrong. They could start selling flagship phones for ?50 (about $80) without contract and people would still be told that's bad and don't touch Windows Phone with a ten foot barge pole even if it gets every single app currently out and gets every new app as an exclusive.

Agreed. It is funny though how MSFT is doing things that Sony should do...better integration of their services. If Sony restructured smartly (they've been restructuring for 10 years now) and started to leverage their camera tech and PS brand better into Android, they'd be in better shape.

Samsung is the only Android OEM making money. LG is doing a bit better and even then it's not like they're rolling in cash with all of the innovations they've done. Sony has the opportunity to be a top tier Android OEM and still leverage what's left of their global brand reach. Will they do it? That's the million dollar question.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For all the flak people git Samsung with for them copying Apple, at least they looked at what Apple did right and decided to follow that road. Now, I still think that while Samsung does a lot of nice things, its not a brand I would use anymore.

They're big enough to leverage different parts of their conglomerate to improve their products steadily. People like Sony should serious sit down an use a similar strategy of better leveraging their own resources.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Look like it is a quiet and lazy day here in the forums.

It is a very chill day here at work. I'm on lunch now, and the remnants if Tropical Storm Bill is rolling through the area. I'm hopeful it stays a good chill afternoon at work. The GF and I are going to do our usual weekend cooking together thing for dinner after work. I'll get some salmon and do something simple...then it's a sitdown and some Netflix after dinner.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. It is funny though how MSFT is doing things that Sony should do...better integration of their services. If Sony restructured smartly (they've been restructuring for 10 years now) and started to leverage their camera tech and PS brand better into Android, they'd be in better shape.

Samsung is the only Android OEM making money. LG is doing a bit better and even then it's not like they're rolling in cash with all of the innovations they've done. Sony has the opportunity to be a top tier Android OEM and still leverage what's left of their global brand reach. Will they do it? That's the million dollar question.

Posted via Xperia Z3
Well, for one thing I can get Samsung and LG devices for my carrier AT&T. Sony is out of the picture since AT&T doesn't sell Sony products. I wouldn't spend more money for an unlocked international model that doesn't support LTE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05