WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

My connection is pretty bad at my work to the point of being pathetic. I'm almost tempted to change. Thing is I want to make sure it is my carrier first so I ordered a SIM adapter. I'm still waiting for it... I'm going to put it in my L920 to see if it's the phone or the carrier. Hopefully the carrier...
Good luck! I hope it's your carrier, not your phone.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Me too. If however it is the phone I'll send it in and use the L920 until it comes back. :)

Always a good idea to keep a backup.
I agree! I always keep a backup.

Another possibility is the SIM went bad. I've stopped at my carrier store and got a new SIM once when I had connectivity problems. The new SIM sorted it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I agree! I always keep a backup.

Another possibility is the SIM went bad. I've stopped at my carrier store and got a new SIM once when I had connectivity problems. The new SIM sorted it.

I'll investigate all avenues. :) There's a carrier store nearby I can get to at lunch if I need to. I think they'll just send one in the mail though if I contact support online.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In other news...

My car is heading to the mechanic for a third time. This time covered mostly by warranty.

Turns out the vacuum pump is gone and needs replacing. It's been a pain in the *** but I'm hoping this is the end for a while....

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

In other new...

My car is heading to the mechanic for a third time. This time covered mostly by warranty.

Turns out the vacuum pump is gone and needs replacing. It's been a pain in the *** but I'm hoping this is the end for a while....
Ugh! I sure hope this is the last time in the shop for awhile!

You haven't had this car very long.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ugh! I sure hope this is the last time in the shop for awhile!

You haven't had this car very long.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

I had a suspicion that the car needed 'work' and so did my wife which is why she pressed for a warranty from the guy when she bought it. It's not so much the problems with the car that bother us as we sort of expected it. The main issue is that the mechanic seems to keep the car for days because they seem to take on too much work. This will be the last time we are using this mechanic though. They've been nice but we're a little tired not having our car for days on end. From this point forward we're going to a BMW dealership. At least they have a car you can rent if you require it.

Hopefully after this it will be just the little annoying bits to take care of. A good detailing and something with the lights (which is not that big of a deal). Maybe some touch ups on the paint.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Not feeling so great. Very tempted to call out, but I won't - not going to screw my coworker like that, especially since her last day is tomorrow and she is in the midst of clearing out her office.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I had a suspicion that the car needed 'work' and so did my wife which is why she pressed for a warranty from the guy when she bought it. It's not so much the problems with the car that bother us as we sort of expected it. The main issue is that the mechanic seems to keep the car for days because they seem to take on too much work. This will be the last time we are using this mechanic though. They've been nice but we're a little tired not having our car for days on end. From this point forward we're going to a BMW dealership. At least they have a car you can rent if you require it.

Hopefully after this it will be just the little annoying bits to take care of. A good detailing and something with the lights (which is not that big of a deal). Maybe some touch ups on the paint.

Similar boat myself. Getting the warranty people to replace my turbo, through my garage, which is taking longer than expected. Next stage is some respraying of body then a detail.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Using the M7 today. Let's see how I can survive on a smaller battery. Amazing how things run better when you charge your phone every other day...

Posted via the One (M7)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Not feeling so great. Very tempted to call out, but I won't - not going to screw my coworker like that, especially since her last day is tomorrow and she is in the midst of clearing out her office.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Because of my schedule and how unpredictable the weather has been, I am think I've gotten sick. They love to blast the AC at work - even in the winter time. I don't have an AC in my apartment because I'm hardly home.

Just gonna tough it out as usual...but I need to take better care of me now...

Posted via the One (M7)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There are times when I want to be so Machiavellian in my approach but my conscience restrains me.

Doing things the right way can be a little overrated at times...

Posted via the One (M7)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Random question for the regulars (lurkers can answer this too)

What's your favorite animal and why?

Posted via the One (M7)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Similar boat myself. Getting the warranty people to replace my turbo, through my garage, which is taking longer than expected. Next stage is some respraying of body then a detail.

A co-worker here had issues with their turbo recently. They're driving a Lexus. They didn't really want a Lexus but relied on their brother to buy a car for them who happen to like the Lexus. I told them to fix it cheaply and sell it. Then get something they want. :p

I can only hope this is the end of my troubles. We had some puffs of smoke come out our exhaust over the weekend. Basically oil getting into the engine and burning. Not pleasant. My car has been one big oil problem. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Random question for the regulars (lurkers can answer this too)

What's your favorite animal and why?

Posted via the One (M7)

That's not an easy question. If I go by pet I will simply say cat as I like their independence. I like cats in general (big and small).

However, with my interest in evolution I find all animals fascinating and all life in general. I particularly like apes and monkeys simply because they are our closest relatives and the history that exists between us.

Knowing what I know though I feel a connection will all life and I feel that history as well. I guess you can say I have an understanding with it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

This is why I am almost tempted to buy a new car this time around. Had too many issues with the last three used cars. Had to sink in quite a bit of dough to get them to function correctly. My first vehicle in the USA was a pickup truck which I bought brand new and took real good care of it and it ran trouble free for 14 years and 165K miles without any issues.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Using the M7 today. Let's see how I can survive on a smaller battery. Amazing how things run better when you charge your phone every other day...

Posted via the One (M7)
Looks like I might have to keep the Meizu as a backup to the Lumia 830. Not too bad...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

A co-worker here had issues with their turbo recently. They're driving a Lexus. They didn't really want a Lexus but relied on their brother to buy a car for them who happen to like the Lexus. I told them to fix it cheaply and sell it. Then get something they want.

I can only hope this is the end of my troubles. We had some puffs of smoke come out our exhaust over the weekend. Basically oil getting into the engine and burning. Not pleasant. My car has been one big oil problem.
I hate oil burners.... Plus I think in CA they would probably fall inspection during smog testing and then it would be a quite costly repair.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Good morning everyone. Might cash in on all my Wal-Mart store credit and get a Lumia 640 for next to nothing. When you have a little one and you constantly forget where your receipt is and then have to go return stuff you don't end up using, you end up with a bunch of store credit....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills