WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So got my SIM adapters.

Good news, it appears my phone is OK. The connection drops on my WP just as much on my Sony.

Bad news, I'm not sure if the SIM is bad yet or if the provider sucks. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In a lot of ways. I am very happy that this is the last Windows... all these constant issues that people keep having with the TP is rather annoying.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So got my SIM adapters.

Good news, it appears my phone is OK. The connection drops on my WP just as much on my Sony.

Bad news, I'm not sure if the SIM is bad yet or if the provider sucks. :p
Are your devices unlocked? Would you be able to use a different provider?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Are your devices unlocked? Would you be able to use a different provider?

Both my devices are unlocked. I can use any provider I want. I am using 3 because it has free data roaming in some countries.

Thing is I just read there appears to be some issues with network mode selection on 3 and possible other providers. I found a solution but I can't access said solution so I'm a little annoyed...

This issue is not specific to Sony either. All phones will suffer this issue if you cannot change the network mode.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Back to work today...gonna take the Moto X for a full day spin.

Just Another (Moto X 2014) Pure (Edition) Post!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. Heat wave here in the UK 28 celsius where I am right now, which is almost unheard of. It's due to go into the thirties tomorrow!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like how unobtrusive 5.1 is on the X. I could get used to this...although it'd be better with the Sony launcher, for my tastes at least...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The audio experience on the the X so far is really nice. I can see why some people would like the Nexus 6. I kinda would have gotten one, but it was too pricey as a phablet. At least when I bought the Z Ultra in that price range, I got expandable memory to go with it. I'd certainly use Android wear with that thing.

I do hope to see multi window support in stock Android. That'll be nice.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'd love to see split screen on WP. I wonder of MSFT will make a phablet. I kinda doubt it, but of they did, some version of split screen would be a massive help. I could imagine getting a unicorn 1520 again if they offered that feature for the soon to be old giant.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

With religion and politics, discrimination is part and parcel of them. Regardless of the niceties that people proclaim in those areas. It has been since the beginning. When you mix the two is when things go really bad.

Science on the other hand should not be the discrimination game at all but unfortunately there are scientists who are and bias is one of the bigger issues that need combating in the industry. Science itself is not discriminatory, just the people who are in it. I think that's where things go wrong. I think there's too many people who think that one scientist speaks for all. Not to mention many people thinking a PhD = expert when it doesn't.

Rue, I forgot I got into this pseudo discussion with a religious on Facebook whose response inspired my post. I was better off talking to a streak of ketchup. No answers for the depth of social issues I started talking about...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So lately we've been slowly upgrading our things. (not electronics). This is a sure sign that we're planning on staying in the country for sometime. :p

Rather recent upgrades:

Bed - We're on our third bed. First was sold, second is in the other bedroom
Dining table - First was sold, second still being used
Mugs - Got rid of the cheap ones and brought the fancy ones we had from Finland over. Cheap ones went to charity.
Car - On our second. Now driving a BMW... I feel so British! :p
Glasses - Just starting to upgrade. First batch of better ones bought (Finnish brand). Old ones to go to charity or if someone else wants them.
Frying pans - The cheap ones we have are on their last legs and just bought some nicer ones (Le Creuset). It's amazing the difference in quality. I'll never buy cheap again.

Of course, our next biggerst upgrade will be our own place. :)

Nice!

I'm slowly doing a process of changing out stuff in my apartment. The exercise machine is gone and next up will be the bedroom furniture...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rue, I forgot I got into this pseudo discussion with a religious on Facebook whose response inspired my post. I was better off talking to a streak of ketchup. No answers for the depth of social issues I started talking about...

I've had similar discussions....

What's interesting is that I walk to the train with a lady from work. She's Catholic and isn't keen on the whole gay marriage thing (surprise!). Funny thing is she keeps focusing on the gay men and seems to miss the fact there are gay women (like most people). The other thing is that people keep focusing on the 'church' aspect (who really cares???) of the discussion and completely miss the legal aspects. Which is the important part. I don't think most gay people really care (I know there are some for whatever reason) if they can marry in a church so much as having a legally recognized relationship.

Anyway, wasn't much of discussion as she tends to be stubborn about her opinions. I tend to be blunt with her as that seems to be the only way to shake her. However, doesn't really work that well. She's sort of 'stuck' in her ways. She seems so much older than me but turns out she's around my age. Which is odd feeling.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had similar discussions....

What's interesting is that I walk to the train with a lady from work. She's Catholic and isn't keen on the whole gay marriage thing (surprise!). Funny thing is she keeps focusing on the gay men and seems to miss the fact there are gay women (like most people). The other thing is that people keep focusing on the 'church' aspect (who really cares???) of the discussion and completely miss the legal aspects. Which is the important part. I don't think most gay people really care (I know there are some for whatever reason) if they can marry in a church so much as having a legally recognized relationship.

Anyway, wasn't much of discussion as she tends to be stubborn about her opinions. I tend to be blunt with her as that seems to be the only way to shake her. However, doesn't really work that well. She's sort of 'stuck' in her ways. She seems so much older than me but turns out she's around my age. Which is odd feeling.

Sometimes you've got to leave them alone. I woke to seeing that there may be a pride parade in my home country this summer. I was like "Wow!". Then I got concerned with whether or not they can protect the organizers and participants, because my home country is still in the top 20 of most homophobic places to live on Earth (when I lasted looked at the list a while back)...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro