WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Makes sense. Still, I think the big Chinese push into India should cause dev support for some of these models to really pick up. I know that some of the US and European buyers won't touch them out of unfounded skepticism, but these are quality products at their price ranges...

Just Another (Moto X 2014) Pure (Edition) Post!

For some reason that hasn't happened because Meizu keeps releasing new phones so quickly....supposedly Lollipop is coming soon.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like the path you're taking. Keep it coming.

AZ, my upgrades are done:

1) Won't upgrade the Z3 unless Sony offers something uber tremendous in the Z5.

2) Won't upgrade the X 2014 unless someone is giving me a Moto Maxx or G4 with a black leather back and a tan leather spare (unlocked with t-mo bands) for free.

3) Won't upgrade the 930 unless it is for a unicorn 1520. This'll be my last WP because its my last Nokia. Unless MSFT comes up with something stunning, they're in the same boat as Sony to me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For some reason that hasn't happened because Meizu keeps releasing new phones so quickly....supposedly Lollipop is coming soon.

That's their trick now...if their after sales support is good, especially in the form of updates, they'll really take off...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm waiting for the 2015 Moto X and the 2015 Nexus. I'll probably get one of those. Right now based upon the rumors, it'll probably be the smaller Nexus. The new Moto is probably going to be a bigger device. The Nexus will also be easy to root and will get all the latest updates before any other Androids.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm waiting for the 2015 Moto X and the 2015 Nexus. I'll probably get one of those. Right now based upon the rumors, it'll probably be the smaller Nexus. The new Moto is probably going to be a bigger device. The Nexus will also be easy to root and will get all the latest updates before any other Androids.

And get the latest bugs before any other Android as well. I am really not very happy with Lollipop versus how things were on KitKat. Same goes for iOS 8, it is so much worse than iOS 7. I really hope MSFT nails Win10 but time will tell...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

And get the latest bugs before any other Android as well. I am really not very happy with Lollipop versus how things were on KitKat. Same goes for iOS 8, it is so much worse than iOS 7. I really hope MSFT nails Win10 but time will tell...
I haven't noticed Lollipop being much different than KitKat, other than the light vs dark themes. 5.1.1 eliminated the memory leak.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I haven't noticed Lollipop being much different than KitKat, other than the light vs dark themes. 5.1.1 eliminated the memory leak.

I still find that 5.1.1 runs a bit slower than 4.4.4. I have been using my Nexus since March 2014 and after Lollipop came I have come close to throwing it out of the window a couple of times, never had that issue with KitKat.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Laura, I wouldn't be surprised if Moto has 2 versions of the X 2015, at 5.2" and 5.7". I think that LG will keep the Nexus in the 5-5.2" range and Huawei will be that 5.7-6.3" range. Guess 5" is the standard and for those who want smaller have to grab an iPhone or Sony ZxCompact at this point...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I still find that 5.1.1 runs a bit slower than 4.4.4. I have been using my Nexus since March 2014 and after Lollipop came I have come close to throwing it out of the window a couple of times, never had that issue with KitKat.

5.1.1 on the X 2014 runs like a charm. So have what I've read about the N5 on 5.1.1. There are things about lollipop I still don't like, but may upgrade my Z3 to 5.1 eventually. I must say, it is a matter of hardware too...5.0.2 on the Z3 TC is so nice compared to 5.0.2 on the N7 2013. The memory leaks I had were as prolific as Sahib's strike out rates...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Laura, I wouldn't be surprised if Moto has 2 versions of the X 2015, at 5.2" and 5.7". I think that LG will keep the Nexus in the 5-5.2" range and Huawei will be that 5.7-6.3" range. Guess 5" is the standard and for those who want smaller have to grab an iPhone or Sony ZxCompact athst point...

Around 5-5.2" is fine for me. I just don't want anything as huge as the Nexus 6, iPhone 6+, or Lumia 1520.

I think the bigger Moto X will probably be the one available here in the US. I'm not expecting 2 versions of the Moto X to be easily available.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I haven't experienced that problem so far, even when multitasking. I'm almost always streaming music while having a browser with multiple tabs open, email app, and Tapatalk also running.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm in waiting mode...

The iPhone 5S stays for my mobile banking. A bigger iPhone isn't really appealing to me.

The Honor 6 satisfies my Android lust, octa-core (sic), 3GB of memory, hi-def screen, better than average camera, excellent LTE. All good.

The Lumia 636 is my secondary LTE phone and is "the toy." The Cherry Mobile is my "near phablet" as I don't want anything larger.

If I like to feel going back a few years, I bring out the 8S and Xperia V.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Around 5-5.2" is fine for me. I just don't want anything as huge as the Nexus 6, iPhone 6+, or Lumia 1520.

I think the bigger Moto X will probably be the one available here in the US. I'm not expecting 2 versions of the Moto X to be easily available.

Remember, Moto allows you to order direct from them. As long as they do away with the 16GB as the base model, I'm sure you can get the 32GB from them through Moto maker at a reasonable rate. If you get a Pure Edition, then you're on track to get updates faster than getting the AT&T model. Plus, pure Edition will support AT&T LTE just fine.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I haven't experienced that problem so far, even when multitasking. I'm almost always streaming music while having a browser with multiple tabs open, email app, and Tapatalk also running.

I am having second thoughts on installing the beta Lollipop for my Honor 6... Though rolling back is so easy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm in waiting mode...

The iPhone 5S stays for my mobile banking. A bigger iPhone isn't really appealing to me.

The Honor 6 satisfies my Android lust, octa-core (sic), 3GB of memory, hi-def screen, better than average camera, excellent LTE. All good.

The Lumia 636 is my secondary LTE phone and is "the toy." The Cherry Mobile is my "near phablet" as I don't want anything larger.

If I like to feel going back a few years, I bring out the 8S and Xperia V.

I'm waiting mode but pretty satisfied with what I have. The Moto X and Z3 are my primary phones, the 930 takes pictures and keeps me engaged in windows mobile. The T100 is still the workhorse. The Z3 tab is the ring bag, and the only thing I'd upgrade for 64-bit Android right now. I like my Sony Watch and want to get a Gen 1 360 as well.

I'd want my old iPhone back...the Classic (AT&T locked) I had BNIB with iOS 1.0.0 on it that I didn't use for two years as it was kept as a collector's item. Otherwise, none of that fruit for me...

Otherwise it is wait and see, mainly just to play with new stuff and not to buy them. Nothing truly compelling out...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Remember, Moto allows you to order direct from them. As long as they do away with the 16GB as the base model, I'm sure you can get the 32GB from them through Moto maker at a reasonable rate. If you get a Pure Edition, then you're on track to get updates faster than getting the AT&T model. Plus, pure Edition will support AT&T LTE just fine.

That's true. However, the last time I checked all they had whether Pure or AT&T branded was the 16GB. The impression I get is that the 32GB is harder to find.

I know the Nexus usually sells out quickly, but Google gets more in stock.

I noticed Lenovo usually is out of stock with their notebooks too. I saw that when I last shopped for a new notebook. I ended up buying an ASUS from Amazon, since Lenovo had nothing I wanted available on their website, and Amazon didn't have any Lenovo notebooks I wanted either.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

That's true. However, the last time I checked all they had whether Pure or AT&T branded was the 16GB. The impression I get is that the 32GB is harder to find.

I noticed Lenovo usually is out of stock with their notebooks too. I saw that when I last shopped for a new notebook. I ended up buying an ASUS from Amazon, since Lenovo had nothing I wanted available on their website, and Amazon didn't have any Lenovo notebooks I wanted either.

Hi Laura, which Asus did you get? I almost got one last Sunday but I was torn between two 5Y71 models- the Chi and UX305.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps, but I think Moto has gained good momentum from their first two X devices, so you should be able to get the 2015 32GB model at a good rate. I really want them to adopt the Samsung route, in that they kill off that 16GB model and have the 32GB as the base.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss