WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm using it since late last year on my Acer, then Surface Pro. What a ride...

Some stuff do not make sense. Like on the start screen. Or control panel , edge , or things that worked fine on win 8.1 now they don't really make sense at all . Or the fact that I can't individually sync a file to on one drive to be either on the hard drive or not. Or how the outlook mail app you can't see your mail boxes and click on it instead you have to look for it ?! Really I don't understand some changes. Like I said I'm going into this with an open mind

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Some stuff do not make sense. Like on the start screen. Or control panel , edge , or things that worked fine on win 8.1 now they don't really make sense at all . Or the fact that I can't individually sync a file to on one drive to be either on the hard drive or not. Or how the outlook mail app you can't see your mail boxes and click on it instead you have to look for it ?! Really I don't understand some changes. Like I said I'm going into this with an open mind

I see W10 will be the next big write up by so called tech journalist as an utter failure...

I'm glad I'm waiting for rtm. I may not have mentioned this but I'm not a fan of the new Outlook app at the moment.

I have thought. I personally think the windows team is way ahead of the developer cycle and what we're actually seeing is very old builds. But I can't prove that of course.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I see W10 will be the next big write up by so called tech journalist as an utter failure...

I'm glad I'm waiting for rtm. I may not have mentioned this but I'm not a fan of the new Outlook app at the moment.

I have thought. I personally think the windows team is way ahead of the developer cycle and what we're actually seeing is very old builds. But I can't prove that of course.

I do hope the get around to the outlook app because as of now the outlook app on 8.1 just worked while the one on 10 has lots more hidden menus and settings.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Today marked my first official day of using the iPhone and no lumia. In truth I adjusted well without it. Though the camera is not as great as lumia and I find iOS to not be as attractive as windows phone I am growing to like iOS.

Still waiting for the flagships to come out so i can drop this iPhone like a bad habit haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Today marked my first official day of using the iPhone and no lumia. In truth I adjusted well without it. Though the camera is not as great as lumia and I find iOS to not be as attractive as windows phone I am growing to like iOS.

Still waiting for the flagships to come out so i can drop this iPhone like a bad habit haha

Have you tried Apple Music? If so, how do you like it?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried Apple Music? If so, how do you like it?

Oh thank the heavens. This is one thing about the iPhone I am enjoying. The apps actually worked. I was just notified that you quoted me. Try as I might but notifications never worked with tapatalk for windows phone.

As far as Apple music goes I haven't tried it yet. I probably should though. It is after all free for three months.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I do hope the get around to the outlook app because as of now the outlook app on 8.1 just worked while the one on 10 has lots more hidden menus and settings.

Yeah I know. I've had it on my phone for a few months now. Trying to get used to it. Still not succeeding.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Oh thank the heavens. This is one thing about the iPhone I am enjoying. The apps actually worked. I was just notified that you quoted me. Try as I might but notifications never worked with tapatalk for windows phone.

As far as Apple music goes I haven't tried it yet. I probably should though. It is after all free for three months.

Tapatalk also gives me notifications on Android, which I never got on Windows Phone. (I'm on desktop PC now, not a mobile device.)

I'd like to know more about Apple Music, since it is going to be available for desktop Windows and Android at a later point. Xbox Music (soon to be Groove Music) is unsatisfactory to me. If it doesn't improve by this winter, when my subscription expires, I'm going to switch to another music service. That's why I'm interested in Apple Music.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Tapatalk also gives me notifications on Android, which I never got on Windows Phone. (I'm on desktop PC now, not a mobile device.)

I'd like to know more about Apple Music, since it is going to be available for desktop Windows and Android at a later point. Xbox Music (soon to be Groove Music) is unsatisfactory to me. If it doesn't improve by this winter, when my subscription expires, I'm going to switch to another music service. That's why I'm interested in Apple Music.

We just recently signed up for Spotify premium. Still unsure what we think. My wife has been using it for some time so would have a better opinion on it.

I never looked into Xbox music or any others aside from Mixradio, which was OK.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

We just recently signed up for Spotify premium. Still unsure what we think. My wife has been using it for some time so would have a better opinion on it.

I never looked into Xbox music or any others aside from Mixradio, which was OK.
Please let me know how you like Spotify premium. I'm open to any music service at this point, since Xbox Music is buggy and Mixradio doesn't have a paid ad-free service yet.

I used to have a subscription to Mixradio+. I liked it, but it ended when Line bought Mixradio.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Please let me know how you like Spotify premium. I'm open to any music service at this point, since Xbox Music is buggy and Mixradio doesn't have a paid ad-free service yet.

I used to have a subscription to Mixradio+. I liked it, but it ended when Line bought Mixradio.

Was there anything particular you wanted to know so I can find out?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Was there anything particular you wanted to know so I can find out?
I'm mainly interested in selection (variety of music available, especially indie artists) and quality of streaming (bit rate and whether or not it buffers excessively). I'm also interested in knowing if the subscription will enable one to use multiple devices, and how many different devices if there is a limit.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm mainly interested in selection (variety of music available, especially indie artists) and quality of streaming (bit rate and whether or not it buffers excessively). I'm also interested in knowing if the subscription will enable one to use multiple devices, and how many different devices if there is a limit.

Spotify is pretty diverse for music selection. As for what artists are on it depends what you're after. We haven't been always lucky but it tends to have a lot of newer music.

I haven't had any issues with the service other than the usual mobile issues that go with streaming. You can download playlists on your device and listen to it that way as well. Some you can't download but I'm not sure if that's a limitation of the WP app (using WP in the car) or the fact we're still in the 'free' period.

You can have up to four devices using the service at the same time and if a fifth one is added the first gets dropped.

There's an app for PC, Apple, Android and WP.

That's as much as I know at this point without knowing more specifics. :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm on the three month trial period. I still prefer my Spotify Premium though. I don't intend to pay another $2.99/mo just for i-devices.
Would you consider Apple Music if it were available for other platforms beside iOS and OS X?

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Spotify is pretty diverse for music selection. As for what artists are on it depends what you're after. We haven't been always lucky but it tends to have a lot of newer music.

I haven't had any issues with the service other than the usual mobile issues that go with streaming. You can download playlists on your device and listen to it that way as well. Some you can't download but I'm not sure if that's a limitation of the WP app (using WP in the car) or the fact we're still in the 'free' period.

You can have up to four devices using the service at the same time and if a fifth one is added the first gets dropped.

There's an app for PC, Apple, Android and WP.

That's as much as I know at this point without knowing more specifics. :)
That sounds good! That would be sufficient for me in terms of number of devices and cross platform support. Listening offline is nice too. I liked that feature of MixRadio.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Would you consider Apple Music if it were available for other platforms beside iOS and OS X?

I wouldn't if Songza didn't pull out of the country. I would if I don't have Spotify and if they have an app for Windows phone and Android.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Personally I'd recommend Spotify. I've found it better than Microsoft's music subscription service.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Nothing new to report today. Decided to reset my SWR50 to pair it with the X. We'll see how this plays out.

Personally, I'd rather have a 360 before doing this, but hey, one step at a time...

Just Another (Moto X 2014) Pure (Edition) Post!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps I'm a little old school, but since my goal is to own a million songs (got 10k already with about 200 repeats), I typically don't do streaming services. Maybe I should change my tune, maybe later in the year...

Just Another (Moto X 2014) Pure (Edition) Post!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss