WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Do folks feel that we are getting so lost into technology that it is degrading some of the more "human" aspects of society?

Just Another (Moto X 2014) Pure (Edition) Post!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Today marked my first official day of using the iPhone and no lumia. In truth I adjusted well without it. Though the camera is not as great as lumia and I find iOS to not be as attractive as windows phone I am growing to like iOS.

Still waiting for the flagships to come out so i can drop this iPhone like a bad habit haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By the time the flagship comes out you will not be able to kick the bad habit😀

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Oh thank the heavens. This is one thing about the iPhone I am enjoying. The apps actually worked. I was just notified that you quoted me. Try as I might but notifications never worked with tapatalk for windows phone.

As far as Apple music goes I haven't tried it yet. I probably should though. It is after all free for three months.

Tapatalk notifications work just fine on my Lumia 830.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm mainly interested in selection (variety of music available, especially indie artists) and quality of streaming (bit rate and whether or not it buffers excessively). I'm also interested in knowing if the subscription will enable one to use multiple devices, and how many different devices if there is a limit.
Unless you are into Taylor Swift, Spotify will work just fine...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That sounds good! That would be sufficient for me in terms of number of devices and cross platform support. Listening offline is nice too. I liked that feature of MixRadio.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
Offline MixRadio is what I like about WP.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Do folks feel that we are getting so lost into technology that it is degrading some of the more "human" aspects of society?

Just Another (Moto X 2014) Pure (Edition) Post!

Apparently there is now a thing called "ghosting" in which you don't break up with your significant other, you just disappear... I guess it's becoming a thing because people no longer know how to interact with each other in person... Partly brought on by everyone stuck in their phones and on computers.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Excuse me while I geek out for a second but Google just released this - Material Design Lite

I kind of like it... being a bit of a web designer. A lot cleaner looking the Bootstrap and easier to implement.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

By the time the flagship comes out you will not be able to kick the bad habit😀

Idk...I like IOS and the iPhone thus far. I am not having a bad experience but it isn't windows phone and I am not in love.
The UI/OS is just boring to look at in many places. I don't have my pretty little animations and live tiles.....

Who knows...I might be blown away with IOS 9/IPhone 6s/6s+ come September and want to stick with apple...but it is highly unlikely.

That being said it is not bad experience for a 3 months or so trial...plus it allows me to use T-Mobile so I am grateful for that <3

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Also another big reasons I'll likely be back to Windows Phone.....I don't mesh well with the imore crowd/audience
(likely because there is really 1 smartphone for IOS thus there is not a lot of diversity as you'd find with the tons of lumias and the random 1 or 2 people who own an M8 windows or Samsung device) so it is kind of boring there for me at the moment as there really isn't a lot to discuss. But giving it a try though to stay within the Mobile Nations family <3

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I hope with the write down or off idk they don't get rid of the 8xx because it's where I like this line. I don't need a high end device ( not mention I wouldn't be able to afford it ) also I don't want to get a low end because well its a low end. Also I hope the other OEM (looking at you HTC and Samsung) pick up the slack to bring out awesome WP like the 8x and and to some extent ativ S
sent from my rare linux green 830

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So MS laid off a whole bunch of employees from the phone division and it lost a huge amount of money. Interesting.

From the letter is sounds like they're sticking with phones and re-evaluating their offerings, something many of us have said they should do for some time.

Let's see what happens.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I hope with the write down or off idk they don't get rid of the 8xx because it's where I like this line. I don't need a high end device ( not mention I wouldn't be able to afford it ) also I don't want to get a low end because well its a low end. Also I hope the other OEM (looking at you HTC and Samsung) pick up the slack to bring out awesome WP like the 8x and and to some extent ativ S
sent from my rare linux green 830

I hope they drop the other OEMs and go all in with the lumia line. I do feel the the other Oems are holding lumia back

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

You mean to tell me in 2015, I can't attach an a picture to an existing email I am replying to.....I have to start a new email for that. Please tel me I am wrong because if this true the iPhone doesn't seem that smart.

Probably explains why when my friends are replying to emails we send each other for pictures from our outings that they always send a separate email instead.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I hope they drop the other OEMs and go all in with the lumia line. I do feel the the other Oems are holding lumia back

I do like what blu is doing. They are the oem in my eyes that are trying unlike Samsung and the others. Maybe with win10 they will jump on the win 10 bandwagon and pump out some awesome flagships and or mid range

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You mean to tell me in 2015, I can't attach an a picture to an existing email I am replying to.....I have to start a new email for that. Please tel me I am wrong because if this true the iPhone doesn't seem that smart.

Probably explains why when my friends are replying to emails we send each other for pictures from our outings that they always send a separate email instead.

o_O now that's interesting. I would of thought by now that comes standard. Then again it is Apple so they can forget stuff like that and get a pass :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Looking over my trig notes makes me think that I'm going to do bad on this test :/

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I do like what blu is doing. They are the oem in my eyes that are trying unlike Samsung and the others. Maybe with win10 they will jump on the win 10 bandwagon and pump out some awesome flagships and or mid range

Yeah blu is actually pretty amazing with the products they have released. I would love to see them in stores because they are good competitor to lumia phones.

These other OEMs are holding windows phone back because Microsoft is trying not to step on toes. Which makes me believe that is the reason that the lumia icon was pulled from the the Verizon lineup and not the SE in favor of the m8 windows.

These OEMs really don't care about us and the way Microsoft is singlehanded releasing all these phones we can have phone in every qualifying bracket from super cheap like the 430 to high end models. Along side blu.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Installing Lollipop 5.1 on Moto X.
f653050594647b8916a867463876ec53.jpg

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea