WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Such arrogance at Imore when asking a question truly makes me appreciate windows central so much more and miss my darling windows phone.

Thank goodness for macrumors where the community definitely seems a lot more chill and laid back.

No disrespect but Imore is embodying that very stereotype that Apple users are known for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been in imore in such a long time :p I wouldn't know how the community is there

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Sahib, are you on the slow ring or the fast ring?

im on the fast ring for my 810 and slow for my 830. I figure I test out the next upcoming build on my 810 and if its solid Id upgrade my 830 to the same build. its more of a "to be safe than sorry "

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I forgot to mention I'm currently watching a new series here in the UK. It's a bit sci-fi. It's called Humans. General premise is that this is an alternate universe where humans have created human like robots called synthetics and they're basically taking over menial jobs and as they become more advanced even other positions like nurses and doctors. Anyway it's a character driven show so it's a touch slow. Even for someone like me who's read some fairly slow books.

The show is based on a Danish show but apparently a bit darker.

Main reason why I bring it up is that in this alternate universe everyone is using Microsoft products. Surface and windows phone. I wasn't sure at first but last night they had a more blatant product display.

Oddly, they aren't advertising during the commercials.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I love how he completely missed that....

o.o what I miss? I thought I answered it. I mean yeah I hard rest my 810 but not my 830. I did a few hours on my 830 just because everyone was saying to do so. thought I wouldn't at this stage since it was working fine without a hard reset even my band notifications were working

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

o.o what I miss? I thought I answered it. I mean yeah I hard rest my 810 but not my 830. I did a few hours on my 830 just because everyone was saying to do so. thought I wouldn't at this stage since it was working fine without a hard reset even my band notifications were working
Did you not see the quoted post with that question?

Go back and look. You missed something.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I forgot to mention I'm currently watching a new series here in the UK. It's a bit sci-fi. It's called Humans. General premise is that this is an alternate universe where humans have created human like robots called synthetics and they're basically taking over menial jobs and as they become more advanced even other positions like nurses and doctors. Anyway it's a character driven show so it's a touch slow. Even for someone like me who's read some fairly slow books.

The show is based on a Danish show but apparently a bit darker.

Main reason why I bring it up is that in this alternate universe everyone is using Microsoft products. Surface and windows phone. I wasn't sure at first but last night they had a more blatant product display.

Oddly, they aren't advertising during the commercials.

They went all out for this show as well - Persona Synthetics

That's the fake company where you can buy the Synthetics. They had commercials on TV giving the impression that it was a real product too.

The best way to depict the show is like this:

It's like a cross breed between the movie AI (the way the robots look and some of the issues around human like robots) and the moral questions that Isaac Asminov asked in I-Robot. I know many people missed what AI was about.

Then add a family drama and a police drama on top of that. The Synths (as they're known) are what is making the show something to watch. Otherwise it would be a rather boring show. There's a few clich?s happening with the family storyline and is somewhat predictable unfortunately. As I already pointed out the show is rather slow. If you're not into character shows this is not something you should watch.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

There was a minor update for Lollipop 5.1.1 on the Nexus 7 which was released about 1? weeks ago. I had skipped it previously but took it last night.

I unrooted, flashed the ROM from Google's site, and then rerooted.

I don't notice any difference, but Lollipop 5.1 solved the memory leak issues.

I have the latest 5.1.1. on the Nexus 7, and the latest 5.1 on the Moto X.

I haven't noticed any bugs, and the memory leak is gone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There was a minor update for Lollipop 5.1.1 on the Nexus 7 which was released about 1? weeks ago. I had skipped it previously but took it last night.

I unrooted, flashed the ROM from Google's site, and then rerooted.

I don't notice any difference, but Lollipop 5.1 solved the memory leak issues.

I have the latest 5.1.1. on the Nexus 7, and the latest 5.1 on the Moto X.

I haven't noticed any bugs, and the memory leak is gone.

I'm still waiting for 5.1 for my Z3... :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb