WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Questions for our Indian regulars here:

If you complied a "10 most common last names," list, would Singh and Choudhury make the cut?

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Questions for our Indian regulars here:

If you complied a "10 most common last names," list, would Singh and Choudhury make the cut?

India being a big country, the answer would be depends which region of the country the survey was done. In Northwest India Singh would definitely be in the top 10 and same goes for Choudhary in North Central India.
How this helps.

FYI, from where I am, Patel would top the list.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What **** way to end a Friday. :/

Monday isn't look great either... :/

I think I'll crack open some cider...

Have I mentioned this project is becoming less fun as time goes by?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well the day couldn't get anyway worse could it???

Just cracked my ******* screen. My tablet landed on it. Completely ****ed..

Ignorance, there is a cure.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

India being a big country, the answer would be depends which region of the country the survey was done. In Northwest India Singh would definitely be in the top 10 and same goes for Choudhary in North Central India.
How this helps.

FYI, from where I am, Patel would top the list.

I knew a few Patels growing up. It is just interesting how names go, especially here in the US...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Should I send my supervisor over to be of some assistance?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Wanna handle an FDA audit next week? No pressure...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Now having stated that, here's why.

1) She scheduled 4 interviews in 30min slots. Of course, she sends us the resumes to review after 5pm the day before the interviews.

2) She told us we were allowed to ask 1 question only to each candidate. (I asked 2 for each).

3) She used our lunch time to debrief, knowing fully well that clinic was opening right afterwards (and it was a madhouse yesterday). I explicitly told her in the meeting the previous week that she should build in the debriefing time, but of course she didn't.

4) She's tainted it in my view for one of the candidates next week by sharing how much she really likes what he brings to the table.

5) Upper management (as in the #1 and #2 people in charge) recommended one of the candidates we screened yesterday.

6) She was late for the first interview, and kept walking in and out of all 4 interviews due to calls for a survey project she's overseeing.

What a clusterf-u-c-k this is. I had two cold Guinness yesterday. And that wasn't enough.

Posted via Xperia Z3

SMH
Who in their right or wrong mind schedules 4 interviews in a day? If HR does that to us, I think we would all resign!
I am back in the hiring mode as one of my offers fell through. Another company decided to pay the candidate 15% over what I offered. I did not want to get into a pissing contest as I believed our offer was fair (above market average) for the level of experience the candidate had. The process is quite structured here. We reviewed about 35 resumes - HR manager, lead recruiter and myself. We narrowed down the list to 7 candidates for the initial phone screen by HR recruiter. If that hurdle is cleared then I will phone screen them for technical abilities and if that is done then we schedule an onsite interview with the interview panel. Each person get 45 minutes for the interview. We all use a standard template for the interview but ask different questions.

Long story short what you described in 1 through 6 would not happen here and if it did HR would get a earful because after each hire we get to fill out a survey to see how good or bad the recruiter did:)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I have been using Win10 on the Lumia 830 and there are a few more gripes.
1. Data APN needed to be activated all of a sudden. Whilst doing that for some crazy reason all the quick settings in the drop down menu began flashing and I had to restart the phone. Seems to be working fine now.
2. Cannot toggle between mailboxes now. Only Outlook remains open. I can't access Gmail and Yahoo email accounts now.
3. I downloaded 3 apps after installing Win10 and now they are not available because for some crazy reason they were installed on the SD card but now the phone refuses to recognize the SD card in the device. Go figure...
4. Lumia Camera disappeared and now cannot find it.
5. Battery Saver gets an error because it is now baked into the OS.

Looks like I need a hard reset and then manually install all the apps. I don't want to lose my WhatsApp chat history but I guess I have no choice:-(

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

If I have to hard reset the Lumia 830 today then I will switch over to the Elephone P7000.
I will take pics using the Xiaomi Mi Note while the Lumia is busy resetting itself. Might take a while for the pics as I have about 4 meetings back to back starting in 12 minutes.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

. I downloaded 3 apps after installing Win10 and now they are not available because for some crazy reason they were installed on the SD card but now the phone refuses to recognize the SD card in the device. Go figure...

it happended to me but what I did was let my phone sit without using it for about 10 minutes and it fixed itself. the rest of the problems I haven't had .

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

it happended to me but what I did was let my phone sit without using it for about 10 minutes and it fixed itself. the rest of the problems I haven't had .

I let it sit for 24 hours without doing anything....so I am not sure what is going on...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

SMH
Who in their right or wrong mind schedules 4 interviews in a day? If HR does that to us, I think we would all resign!
I am back in the hiring mode as one of my offers fell through. Another company decided to pay the candidate 15% over what I offered. I did not want to get into a pissing contest as I believed our offer was fair (above market average) for the level of experience the candidate had. The process is quite structured here. We reviewed about 35 resumes - HR manager, lead recruiter and myself. We narrowed down the list to 7 candidates for the initial phone screen by HR recruiter. If that hurdle is cleared then I will phone screen them for technical abilities and if that is done then we schedule an onsite interview with the interview panel. Each person get 45 minutes for the interview. We all use a standard template for the interview but ask different questions.

Long story short what you described in 1 through 6 would not happen here and if it did HR would get a earful because after each hire we get to fill out a survey to see how good or bad the recruiter did:)

So here's the thing...I agree with you. 1 million percent.

She "screened" folks via a phone interview to weed through the first wave of candidates. Then we were to do the group interview and the final candidates get interviewed by her boss.

Much of this I didn't like because I think it is fair to give people enough time to make an assessment. She never told us how many people she was bringing in to interview until the day before (8 over the next two weeks). If I were in charge, I'd do much of the stuff you suggested.

At the end of the day, mgmt will hire who they want. I just have to ensure when I leave I'm resigning, not fired...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750