WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Looking forward to the food photos!

I took a few I'll post tomorrow. We both had saag...she went with shrimp, I went with goat. Also, vegaterian samosas and another bread I forgot the name of (i liked the naan better). I had the 1947 beer and she went with a glass of red wine. Afterwards we walked to a 16 handles for dessert (frozen yogurt).

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

It's my Z3. It's in the repair shop already. Unfortunately being a Sony device it isn't cheap. Though Sony is popular it's still nothing compared to Samsung and Apple. So I'm paying for it..

I'm sorry to hear this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well that is a big time bummer. I hope it gets repaired quickly and correctly and relatively inexpensively.
I'll have it back Monday or Tuesday. The shop I took it to has a 90 day warranty which is why I went there. So if it's dodgy it goes back.

I already know the price... ?110.

I was expecting something like that. I don't know how difficult a Sony is to repair but I'm guessing they're replacing the whole display, hence the cost.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I guess once I have my phone back I'll give Cortana a swing. I can't seem to get used to talking to the phone though.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I guess once I have my phone back I'll give Cortana a swing. I can't seem to get used to talking to the phone though.

I'm glad you're getting your phone sorted.

I'm curious how well Cortana works on Android and how much MS will allow it to be feature-complete compared to WP.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll have it back Monday or Tuesday. The shop I took it to has a 90 day warranty which is why I went there. So if it's dodgy it goes back.

I was expecting something like that. I don't know how difficult a Sony is to repair but I'm guessing they're replacing the whole display, hence the cost.

Since most OEMs went to a zero style display (little or no gaps between the digitizer and the screen panel itself), once you crack a screen they have to replace the whole unit - which ultimately makes the repair costly.

If you look up repairs for these all glass phones like the iPhone 4/4s and Nexus 4, whenever the glass breaks, its a problem. Most folks tend to damage the rear glass more, which adds to the repair costs.

Either way, hope you get your phone back good as new.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Not looking forward to work today.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Yup. This is a Saturday with the MD who jacked my water bottle - and she's in her onery mood. And it is a rainy day too. At least I get to go to one of my mentor's birthday dinner later. I may post food pictures for that.

Posted via Xperia Z3

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm here at home depot and as I was walking to find a weed eater Aka week Wacker I'm seeing alot of sales people with the surface pro 3. They are walking around with them helping people. Good for msft that the surface pro 3 took off 😁
sent from my rare debian green nokia lumia 830

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Wow!!! 110 o_o

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry to hear this! You've had such bad luck with phones.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad you're getting your phone sorted.

I'm curious how well Cortana works on Android and how much MS will allow it to be feature-complete compared to WP.
I'll give it a try! I've really only used Cortana on Windows Phone and Google Now on Android for managing my interests, mainly updates on sports scores. I've never talked to my phones.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'll give it a try! I've really only used Cortana on Windows Phone and Google Now on Android for managing my interests, mainly updates on sports scores. I've never talked to my phones.

I talk to my phone all the time and use Cortana and Google Now quite extensively.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

"With Google Now just a tap away, most folks won’t even bother with another voice assistant. That’s not to say what Microsoft has produced is incapable by any means, but for those who don’t own a Windows 10 computer or Windows Phone, we’re not exactly sure this application will catch on to the majority of users."

- Android Authority

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

LOL t -mobile is definitely trying to get me to stay with them, I have not seen such a persistent company but got to love their willingness to try and make a customer happy. Still debating to stay with Tmo and go with a Lumia 640 since my unlocked 640 XL CAN work but it lacks wifi calling on it so it is essentially useless since I don't have tmo service in my home

OR switch back to Att goPhone and use my 640 XL...decisions, decisions.

(Ready to be off iPhone though)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo