WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

LOL t -mobile is definitely trying to get me to stay with them, I have not seen such a persistent company but got to love their willingness to try and make a customer happy. Still debating to stay with Tmo and go with a Lumia 640 since my unlocked 640 XL CAN work but it lacks wifi calling on it so it is essentially useless since I don't have tmo service in my home

OR switch back to Att goPhone and use my 640 XL...decisions, decisions.

(Ready to be off iPhone though)
My recommendation would be to stay with T-Mobile as long as it takes to get your iPhone unlocked, since you'll be able to get a better price for it if you sell it unlocked.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Just realized Microsoft's word flow keyboard beats all the other keyboard apps on Android.... I miss my 1520 😭😭😭😭

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Back to using the windows central app on windows phone.

It may not be the best but I do feel right at home though I am noticing it isn't as easy to speed type on my Lumia 640 XL which is probably due to the processor. But boy does it feel good to be catching up on all the articles I have missed.... He says as he sadly glances at his iPhone

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Back to using the windows central app on windows phone.

It may not be the best but I do feel right at home though I am noticing it isn't as easy to speed type on my Lumia 640 XL which is probably due to the processor. But boy does it feel good to be catching up on all the articles I have missed.... He says as he sadly glances at his iPhone

What's wrong with your iPhone?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

What's wrong with your iPhone?

There is nothing really wrong with the iPhone. When I am lazy I am going to do a comparison for the forum.

But in all honesty the iPhone is good on most levels and if windows phone disappeared for good I honestly can say I wouldn't be unhappy on iOS. Amazingly built phone.

That being said I am not exactly happy with iOS either. I'm content. Settling really.

I just miss windows phone and lumia.

sent from my iPhone...asking myself why I own one

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I may have narrowly averted a stint in Android...

My wife does not seem to want to have a phone on a different OS than me...

Her 820 has all sorts of issues with Bluetooth. From what I've read, it's an issue with the phone, either the chipset sucks, or MS/Nokia is too lazy to fix it with software.

She's been pushing for us to switch to Android and friends (Android users) have not been helping.

One friend was a little surprised at how well incoming/outgoing texts over Bluetooth work on WP vs Android.

Now she is considering using my old 920 to hold her over, at least, until a new flagship WP device is announced.

IDK why Android makes me want to puke when I try to use one, it's surprising how different each one is. And yet they all have that static IOS feel (at least until some widgets are set up).

We'll see if the old 920 can keep a better Bluetooth connection to her car and fitbit.

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

There is nothing really wrong with the iPhone. When I am lazy I am going to do a comparison for the forum.

But in all honesty the iPhone is good on most levels and if windows phone disappeared for good I honestly can say I wouldn't be unhappy on iOS. Amazingly built phone.

That being said I am not exactly happy with iOS either. I'm content. Settling really.

I just miss windows phone and lumia.

Lol that's what I used to say...
I'm not happy with android..I constantly need to root and put a custom rom because I'm not happy with the stock rom

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm not happy with android..I constantly need to root and put a custom rom because I'm not happy with the stock rom

I could never go back to android. It is such an awful operating system to me and that isn't even including my opinion on Google. I was an android and htc ****** for three years. No mas lol

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I may have narrowly averted a stint in Android...

My wife does not seem to want to have a phone on a different OS than me...

Her 820 has all sorts of issues with Bluetooth. From what I've read, it's an issue with the phone, either the chipset sucks, or MS/Nokia is too lazy to fix it with software.

She's been pushing for us to switch to Android and friends (Android users) have not been helping.

One friend was a little surprised at how well incoming/outgoing texts over Bluetooth work on WP vs Android.

Now she is considering using my old 920 to hold her over, at least, until a new flagship WP device is announced.

IDK why Android makes me want to puke when I try to use one, it's surprising how different each one is. And yet they all have that static IOS feel (at least until some widgets are set up).

We'll see if the old 920 can keep a better Bluetooth connection to her car and fitbit.

Your sentiments on android echo mine lol. Though we can't really blame Microsoft for the 820 since it was a Nokia handset. They aren't exactly the same model but I did have the 810 and that was pretty good. Never really had issues with Bluetooth connection with it. Of course didn't have it for long but still lol

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm curious as to what you don't like about Android? As my previous post stated, my wife is trying to get us to switch over to Android, and I seem to cringe every time I pick an android device up... Can't entirely explain it, but it happens. Looking for sound reasons, from a WP to Android user, to not make the android leap.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

My Nexus 7 is rooted, but I'm running a stock ROM. However, I'm able to block ads in Chrome since I have root.

I haven't done much in terms of customization, except using Nova Launcher Prime.

I only use 2 widgets: 1Weather and the stock clock.

Screenshot_2015-07-19-02-23-05.jpg

Screenshot_2015-07-19-02-23-18.jpg

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I could never go back to android. It is such an awful operating system to me and that isn't even including my opinion on Google. I was an android and htc ****** for three years. No mas lol

wow :O 3 years!!! I'm gonna salute you! :devil:

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I'm curious as to what you don't like about Android? As my previous post stated, my wife is trying to get us to switch over to Android, and I seem to cringe every time I pick an android device up... Can't entirely explain it, but it happens. Looking for sound reasons, from a WP to Android user, to not make the android leap.

I'm not an avid Android user..but I've used quite a few. if you don't have a device with good specs you'll suffer with the following
1) the interface is easy to use if you get used to the lag that happens.
2) apps are prone to stop on their own and you'll be annoyed by the notifications of them not responding even if they are not running in the background
3) the system apps take more than half of your storage
4) the constant need to login to your google account is exhausting
5) they will break before you know it or the digitizer doesn't work (happened with the htc desire)
6) you won't get the new android version for older models -_-
7) samsung devices are not at all pleasing to the eyes
8) i hate the fact that apps need to use all your information (contacts, photos, blah blah)
9) ads!!!!! them ads install some weird apps saying "you device (model) has virus" (if you blindly tap ok like me) and damn they ruin your phone :| it ruined my sd card and i couldn't recover the data back
there might be a few more things but these are all that i can think of
I'm currently using the note 8...it's working just fine! except for the apps error....I don't think it's getting android lollipop...so I'm gonna wait for a while and flash a custom rom

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I haven't experienced any of those issues on my 2013 Moto X, which I've been using for over 4 months now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss