WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Just got my bluetooth adapter for the car. :) I'll give it a try this weekend and see how good it works. For ?6 I thought it was worth a shot. :)

I also just ordered tempered glass protectors for my Z3. Decided that it might be a good idea. I know they're not perfect but I'm hoping they'll help.

I'm on tempered glass for mine and I love it. I didn't line them up as well as possible, but they still feel great. Edges are sharp as a mofo, but adds a nice premium feel to a premium phone. More glass on a glass and metal phone? Yes please.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just got my bluetooth adapter for the car. :) I'll give it a try this weekend and see how good it works. For ?6 I thought it was worth a shot. :)

I also just ordered tempered glass protectors for my Z3. Decided that it might be a good idea. I know they're not perfect but I'm hoping they'll help.

I wanted to get the wireless charging base for the Z3, but it is too expensive for my tastes. May dig around for one in the fall. The only accessory I would really like to get is the holder kit for my SWR50. How much is Sony selling them for in the UK?

Posted via Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Once you go tempered glass you can't go back to plastic protectors that easily.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I wanted to get the wireless charging base for the Z3, but it is too expensive for my tastes. May dig around for one in the fall. The only accessory I would really like to get is the holder kit for my SWR50. How much is Sony selling them for in the UK?

Posted via Xperia Z3

Which are you referring to?

Sony Mobile Wireless Charging Kit for Sony Xperia Z3: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-DK48-M...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3162625

I have a knock off version of the docking station. Was pretty cheap. It works but I needed to 'fix' it so it would work with the phone.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My Xiaomi Mi Note camera is acting up and unfortunately no warranty in USA. I'm going to tweet them to see if they can help. Otherwise the Chinese experiment is over...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I am going to take the Elephone P7000 out for a spin out today. I really like how fluid and smooth the Xiaomi is though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I am going to take the Elephone P7000 out for a spin out today. I really like how fluid and smooth the Xiaomi is though.

Due to the rise of these Chinese OEMs, if HTC doesn't turn it around, they may be dead within the next five years...or sooner. Ironic possible fate for the company who was the first Asian Tiger to challenge the big boys head on...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Which are you referring to?

Sony Mobile Wireless Charging Kit for Sony Xperia Z3: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-DK48-M...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3162653

I have a knock off version of the docking station. Was pretty cheap. It works but I needed to 'fix' it so it would work with the phone.

The first link. I don't need the base, just the case. Amazon here was selling it for $60 and the kit as in your link for $110. eBay here has the case only for $80. I'll continue to juggle just fine with the magnetic adapter. I had a great knock off dock station that my friend who bought the Z Ultra is now happily using.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The humidity is up today. The high is 94?F, but humidity has it feeling like it's almost 100?F. The GF asked me to stay over by her the next two days since I don't have AC, but I declined because work is getting done in my apartment Wednesday.

Good times...

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The first link. I don't need the base, just the case. Amazon here was selling it for $60 and the kit as in your link for $110. eBay here has the case only for $80. I'll continue to juggle just fine with the magnetic adapter. I had a great knock off dock station that my friend who bought the Z Ultra I'd happily using.

Posted via Xperia Z3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3162658

This is the dock I bought. Came with a cable as well. Neither is perfect but I managed to fix both of them to suit.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3162662

This is the dock I bought. Came with a cable as well. Neither is perfect but I managed to fix both of them to suit.

That's what I heard...especially the case being a little bit of a headache. That's why I didn't buy it initially.

Now I have more devices using Qi: a watch, my 930 and the X with the adapter. But it is way, way down my to get list, so I'm in no rush.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The humidity is up today. The high is 94?F, but humidity has it feeling like it's almost 100?F. The GF asked me to stay over by her the next two days since I don't have AC, but I declined because work is getting done in my apartment Wednesday.

Good times...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Normally I'd walk to and from the P.O., but not today with humidity like this...I'm doing the bus for sure...

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's what I heard...especially the case being a little bit of a headache. That's why I didn't buy it initially.

Now I have more devices using Qi: a watch, my 930 and the X with the adapter. But it is way, way down my to get list, so I'm in no rush.

Posted via Xperia Z3

I noticed that the charging case and the plate are a kit. They used to sell them separately but now they're always a kit. Kind of turned me off getting one. That's why I went with the dock and the cable.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Good times...

Posted via Xperia Z3

I'm not a fan of humidity but I don't mind warm weather. The summer here has been somewhat crap so far. Very windy with lots of cloud. No much rain though. It has been humid here as well. Kind of expected being an island.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I noticed that the charging case and the plate are a kit. They used to sell them separately but now they're always a kit. Kind of turned me off getting one. That's why I went with the dock and the cable.

I suppose more people bought the kit, or they wanted more folks to buy the kit...

Don't blame you there for passing on it. I don't have enough Qi devices warranting me getting a spare charger. The GF has two because of her water damaged S4, so I can hijack her spare anytime I visit.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I suppose more people bought the kit, or they wanted more folks to buy the kit...

Don't blame you there for passing on it. I don't have enough Qi devices warranting me getting a spare charger. The GF has two because of her water damaged S4, so I can hijack her spare anytime I visit.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Having a spare wouldn't hurt really but I can't justify the price. Way too expensive. ?30, sure. ?55? No way.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hey can I get someone's thought on what is a good sub 5" Android phone?

I'm still trying to convince my wife to go to Android and lately she's been finding Windows less and less enjoyable. But I need a good phone to convince her. She's not fond of large phones though. So it's kind of hard to point to a phone and say that's a good one to go with. It's got to have good specs but all the high spec phones tend to be 5+ inches. So I'm sort of stuck what to tell her to get.

I've tried to convince her on the Z3 Compact but she's not too keen on that for some reason. Wireless charging would be nice and lightweight.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Hey can I get someone's thought on what is a good sub 5" Android phone?

I'm still trying to convince my wife to go to Android and lately she's been finding Windows less and less enjoyable. But I need a good phone to convince her. She's not fond of large phones though. So it's kind of hard to point to a phone and say that's a good one to go with. It's got to have good specs but all the high spec phones tend to be 5+ inches. So I'm sort of stuck what to tell her to get.

I've tried to convince her on the Z3 Compact but she's not too keen on that for some reason. Wireless charging would be nice and lightweight.
Are you on the right forum? :wink:

I would have suggested the Z3 compact but if she doesn't like that for some reason I don't know what other phones there are out there for Android that fit the bill. What is it about Windows that she's struggling with?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Are you on the right forum? :wink:

I would have suggested the Z3 compact but if she doesn't like that for some reason I don't know what other phones there are out there for Android that fit the bill. What is it about Windows that she's struggling with?

She currently owns a L820. It's starting to get that old feeling.

What she's missing is a full function Instagram client and a good photo editor. I can tell you that 6Tag is OK but the photo editors that are on WP don't compare to Snapseed in the least.

That and a lot of the apps she uses have better clients on Android. Lots of apps she sees she'd like to try are iOS and Android only. So that's the issue. She's getting tired of that.

The reason I asked here is that Azcruz, 99 and MIA have used quite a few Android phones and keep up to date with what's coming out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05