WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm curious to see what they recommend too! I totally get the frustrations of apps and editors (although editors aren't a problem for me).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm curious to see what they recommend too! I totally get the frustrations of apps and editors (although editors aren't a problem for me).

I'm really liking Google Photos. The fact that I can just go to the app on my browser, edit it and then share it is pretty cool.

There's probably so many apps I've yet to find on Android that may be helpful.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Hey can I get someone's thought on what is a good sub 5" Android phone?

I'm still trying to convince my wife to go to Android and lately she's been finding Windows less and less enjoyable. But I need a good phone to convince her. She's not fond of large phones though. So it's kind of hard to point to a phone and say that's a good one to go with. It's got to have good specs but all the high spec phones tend to be 5+ inches. So I'm sort of stuck what to tell her to get.

I've tried to convince her on the Z3 Compact but she's not too keen on that for some reason. Wireless charging would be nice and lightweight.

Samsung Galaxy Alpha is actually quite nice. You have to buy the wireless charging back for it separately though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Samsung Galaxy Alpha is actually quite nice. You have to buy the wireless charging back for it separately though.

The price is pretty good. Looks nice. A little concerned about the battery and screen resolution though. Buying a charging back is not an issue really.

I know you can get other launchers but the thought of getting a Samsung is a bit depressing. I own an older tablet and I'm so not impressed.

Camera is important as well.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The price is pretty good. Looks nice. A little concerned about the battery and screen resolution though. Buying a charging back is not an issue really.

I know you can get other launchers but the thought of getting a Samsung is a bit depressing. I own an older tablet and I'm so not impressed.

Camera is important as well.

Screen is actually quite nice. I contemplated for a while to get one. Put Google Now launcher on it and you will be just fine.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Hey can I get someone's thought on what is a good sub 5" Android phone?

I'm still trying to convince my wife to go to Android and lately she's been finding Windows less and less enjoyable. But I need a good phone to convince her. She's not fond of large phones though. So it's kind of hard to point to a phone and say that's a good one to go with. It's got to have good specs but all the high spec phones tend to be 5+ inches. So I'm sort of stuck what to tell her to get.

I've tried to convince her on the Z3 Compact but she's not too keen on that for some reason. Wireless charging would be nice and lightweight.
Sub 5? How about exactly 5"...

I still am pleased with my Honor 6, but no wireless charging. I like its EMUI. My office mate has the P7 and she loves it. I recently almost bought, for no reason, the Alcatel Idol 2 Mini. It is a very nice phone to me, has LTE really good size. Might be worth a look.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

If this is the A series (A3, A5, A7) then the A5 is nice. I tend to like it over the S6. But at the price it is selling here, and for the specs, I'd still prefer the Honor. The A5 is better looking though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sub 5? How about exactly 5"...

I still am pleased with my Honor 6, but no wireless charging. I like its EMUI. My office mate has the P7 and she loves it. I recently almost bought, for no reason, the Alcatel Idol 2 Mini. It is a very nice phone to me, has LTE really good size. Might be worth a look.

I'll have to look into those.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

My Honor don't have much apps. Usually the Microsoft "common" apps only, such as Outlook and Calendar, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneDrive, Office Lens. The Synology apps, Spotify, Waze, Here... what else?

I use the EMUI apps for most everything, like Photos, Video, Music. All Google apps are tucked away in a folder and most are disabled. :D

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm not a fan of humidity but I don't mind warm weather. The summer here has been somewhat crap so far. Very windy with lots of cloud. No much rain though. It has been humid here as well. Kind of expected being an island.

I was raised in dry heat. I didn't know humidity until I came to NYC...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

She currently owns a L820. It's starting to get that old feeling.

What she's missing is a full function Instagram client and a good photo editor. I can tell you that 6Tag is OK but the photo editors that are on WP don't compare to Snapseed in the least.

That and a lot of the apps she uses have better clients on Android. Lots of apps she sees she'd like to try are iOS and Android only. So that's the issue. She's getting tired of that.

The reason I asked here is that Azcruz, 99 and MIA have used quite a few Android phones and keep up to date with what's coming out.

Leave it to the wife to knock the best option for her in the Z3 Compact.

The options others have suggested are were I would have gone at too. Question...she doesn't like your Z3? I know it is a bigger phone, but if you can get her one of the off colors like the silver green, that may work.

Otherwise the galaxy alpha is nice at a good price...the battery is useless though. As 99 says, throw another launcher over it. I'd skip the S5 because at night the camera is a joke...the Alpha is better.

Or you could go to the dark side and get her a iPhone 5s...

Posted via Xperia Z3

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That debunks the whole idea of WP running well on low end hardware.

If 6Tag didn't run well on an old flagship then I can only imagine what someone with a 520 must be feeling.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

im assuming here :p never really tried 6tag on my 810. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the cause having older chipsets would eat up battery fast

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

If I got Snapchat on Wp I would give it a try as a daily. I know I'm lame for using Snapchat but that's how it is in our generation :)

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
screw snapchat give me 6snap ;) that was a lot more feature rich and is still more capable than snapchat a year later :p I do hate what they are doing with snapchat... pushing the discover feed right at my stories page

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

screw snapchat give me 6snap ;) that was a lot more feature rich and is still more capable than snapchat a year later I do hate what they are doing with snapchat... pushing the discover feed right at my stories page
On Android it's worse than it use to be. It kills battery and slows whole phone down. Rubbish, I would love to have 6snap :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

On Android it's worse than it use to be. It kills battery and slows whole phone down. Rubbish, I would love to have 6snap :)

And I thought the iOS app was bad . The snaps from other people take around 10-20 seconds just to load :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion