WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Either are OK...as long as you don't get lemons. 925 may run a little cooler though.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

There were quite a few L920 lemons. Too many stories of people returning them.

That's why I recommended caution.

I didn't hear of many L925. Though I'm sure there are/were some.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Gonna roll with the 360 today and tomorrow and see how that works out.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yup, I heard less stories too with the 925. The best 925 to have gotten was the 32GB model sold in your neck of the woods. If you get a Qi modified one (I've owned one, so has 99), they run great but can get a little hot too when you take them off the charger.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Now, this plain sucks. As much as my repair guy charges an arm and a leg, he uses OEM parts from his suppliers.

I had contacted another company online first before going to this local place. Their quote came in cheaper and the guy told me to be wary of companies that offer only 90 day warranties, which this one is. So if they screw it up I'm not going to be impressed. There is no reason for them not to use non OEM parts for the price they charged.

I'll start a campaign after writing some very nasty emails/letters. Polite but nasty.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I had contacted another company online first before going to this local place. Their quote came in cheaper and the guy told me to be wary of companies that offer only 90 day warranties, which this one is. So if they screw it up I'm not going to be impressed. There is no reason for them not to use non OEM parts for the price they charged.

I'll start a campaign after writing some very nasty emails/letters. Polite but nasty.

Understood. Good repair folks can be hard to find...it's funny because I've been using my current repairman for about 3-4 years now. There were 3 I'd use depending on the job and the most expensive guy is who's still around.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Understood. Good repair folks can be hard to find...it's funny because I've been using my current repairman for about 3-4 years now. There were 3 I'd use depending on the job and the most expensive guy is who's still around.

Posted via Xperia Z3

The place I chose is supposed to be a chain. I thought, maybe stupidly, that they care about reputation. So I was willing to give them a chance. We'll see I guess.

Maybe I'm just being concerned over nothing and it's possible it was a dodgy from Sony. Though I have a hard time believing that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The place I chose is supposed to be a chain. I thought, maybe stupidly, that they care about reputation. So I was willing to give them a chance. We'll see I guess.

Maybe I'm just being concerned over nothing and it's possible it was a dodgy from Sony. Though I have a hard time believing that.

Understood. Let's see what happens. I think you're more annoyed your 920 is your backup than anything else...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't have high hopes for the battery on the 360...and so far, it's justifying those low expectations...

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Understood. Let's see what happens. I think you're more annoyed your 920 is your backup than anything else...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Not completely. Since it's not cheap getting it fixed it would annoy me if it's not OEM. That's all.

My L920 is fine for the most part. Though I need to use the recovery tool to downgrade. W10 might be OK for some but for my phone it's not impressing me. Takes too long to do anything and I'm getting lots of resuming.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Not completely. Since it's not cheap getting it fixed it would annoy me if it's not OEM. That's all.

My L920 is fine for the most part. Though I need to use the recovery tool to downgrade. W10 might be OK for some but for my phone it's not impressing me. Takes too long to do anything and I'm getting lots of resuming.

People might say that WP has been stuck on the "resuming" screen for a few years now...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So in the war of MIA v. mice, here's the latest update.

Maintenance is to come in tomorrow to seal up the spots in the living room. I saw one of the critters walking around last night. Once the living room is sealed, then I can spend the rest of the summer trapping and killing all migrants. These guys are really small, so it doesn't bug me as much completely, but I'm looking forward to them going because my tub will be reglazed soon, which requires me to open my bedroom door for ventilation for two days...I've kept them out of there for the past few months.

Posted via Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

In other news my Z3 isn't ready yet and I get the feeling it might be a couple of days more. They ordered a part and it came in dodgy so now I'm a touch concerned who they're ordering from. :/
How much did Sony want for the repair?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I cycled through quite a few 925s, including all the ones that MSFTisMIA had

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky