WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It comes in purple so could be a good option for the wife. At ?209 for the 16GB SIM free that's not bad. But I want to see one in person before I decide.

I'm just unsure about the SoC and the 2GB RAM. From what I can tell it says it's a fairly pure Android experience. Which would be good.

It is going to be $219 here in the USA, which is fairly inexpensive...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Anyone taking the plunge with Windows 10 this week?

I'll first deploy it on my main computer and use it as a testing ground. If everything is fine I'll upgrade grade the other computers one at a time .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I will say this about the update. My phone is a lot quicker now. Though I always found my phone quick it's gone up a notch.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

I can say the same about my 830 running Win10, in fact it feels about three notches faster:)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I see a lot of iPhones and Samsungs as well. I saw a L930 for the first time in the wild. I do catch the occasional Lumia device here and there since the percentages are high here.

I see a few Sony devices as well though not as many as I used to.

While Samsung are a little easier to repair, the cracks I've seen on both those and iPhones are so horrendous you'd think they've served multiple tours of duty in Iraq, Afghanistan or certain parts of Chicago...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So people not that impressed with Oneplus Two, neither am I.
How about Motorola devices? 3rd gen G doesn't seem enough big upgrade for me, although camera is better and it has LTE but I would like something more powerful.
Moto X Play seems a great phone for me, powerful enough, great camera and nice display for reasonable price.
Moto X Style is great phone if the price drops over time it might be my next phone :)

Any opinions?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Looks interesting. Moto went with the 808 chip and added microSD? Interesting. Doesn't meant I'll buy one, but interesting anyways...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I check it out and let you know. OnePlus was underwhelming...I might try one at $249. The new Chinese devices with stock Lollipop and Play Store have spoiled me. They are slightly better than Nexus because they have no Google bloatware, you only install whatever you want from Google unlike Nexus and updates seem to be trickling in as well. After two years though it is anyone's guess if the phone would be supported...

Oneplus Two was a serious disappointment. Too many compromises for my taste. Felt like they picked the parts they could afford to manufacture and threw them in the phone.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It comes in purple so could be a good option for the wife. At ?209 for the 16GB SIM free that's not bad. But I want to see one in person before I decide.

I'm just unsure about the SoC and the 2GB RAM. From what I can tell it says it's a fairly pure Android experience. Which would be good.

It'll get good support, if the 2013 models from Moto are any indication. The wife is still better off with the Z3 Compact, but...

Posted via Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Oneplus Two was a serious disappointment. Too many compromises for my taste. Felt like they picked the parts they could afford to manufacture and threw them in the phone.

Posted via Xperia Z3

About $249 on Swappa after a few months is about the right price for the OPO2:)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm...I'd love to see a comparison between the 2015 Moto X and MSFT's flagships when launched. Should be very interesting.

Looks like Moto added a microSD...which is cool. Seems like I need a 2014 model like another X or a Moto Maxx instead of these 2015 things. They look good, but aren't for me. Things should get very interesting again tomorrow...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know how MSFT could blow people out of the water this week:

1) Announce Windows 10 tomorrow. Announce Windows Mobile updates tomorrow.

2) Announce their high end lumias tomorrow. Ship them next month, and do so on time.

3) Roll out Windows Mobile over the next two weeks.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Moto X Style specs look good, but it seems huge. I'm going to wait and see what the LG Nexus is like.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It'll get good support, if the 2013 models from Moto are any indication. The wife is still better off with the Z3 Compact, but...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Since I told her that Nokia is planning on releasing phones again she's more interested in that. She's half Finnish so she believes in supporting them. Hopefully it's released here and the device(s) are good. She's happy to wait until next year. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel