WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't get this excitement thing over an OS.

Am I happy it's released? Sure. Am I looking forward to seeing the forum filled with people complaining about everything? No.

Besides if you want to get technical. It's only one third released...

Ignorance, there is a cure.
I agree with you. I'm never excited about a new OS or new software.

I'm always excited about new hardware, since that is fun to play with.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I agree with you. I'm never excited about a new OS or new software.

I'm always excited about new hardware, since that is fun to play with.
I like software updates that fix things and make things better. The ones that cause problems are painful.

I like new hardware as well but at the same time that's become a bit stagnate now. I'm waiting for the next innovation.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I like software updates that fix things and make things better. The ones that cause problems are painful.
Same here. I'm never "excited" about new software updates, though. I just try them when I think they're stable enough and hope they work well.

I like new hardware as well but at the same time that's become a bit stagnate now. I'm waiting for the next innovation.
I agree with you that hardware has become a bit stagnant.

The last new hardware I got were tablets, which were new to me, so that was fun. I do find that I'm using my notebook much less, now that I'm using a tablet.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well now i know how my dad felt when my mom divorced him.
lmao
hahahh good one lol
nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

My first was Windows 2.11

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk
I remember 95 from school, I think we had 98 at home but I didn't use computer back than, for me everything started more or less with Windows XP :)

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You know the update to W10 issues are a perfect example of when things go wrong. Makes MS typical MS... sadly.

I think my computer downloaded everything but didn't update. I'm not in a hurry so I really didn't care.

If it goes it goes. I'll just wait for the patch when/if it comes. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've owned and used the following MS/Windows OS.

DOS 5, DOS 6, Windows 3, Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1

Does this show my age? LOL

I can also say I've used other OS before I used DOS 5.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So this whole story with that dentist guy killing the lion is a rather interesting story. Seems illegal hunting is something he 'loves' to do. He purportedly loves hunting... They purposely coaxed the lion out of the reserve to 'hunt' it. Very sad.

I hope this guy gets the 15 years of prison as well as the other two 'hunters'. Well that's possible prison. They might be able to 'pay' their way out. Then again, the uproar of this might be enough.

You know. I'm a person who eats meat. So I get the idea of hunting for meat as it's the only way some people actually get to eat meat. I can understand that. Whether we're comfortable with that or not.

What I don't understand is hunting predators for 'sport'. If you want to call it that. It doesn't seem very sport like using a high powered bow or gun. I get the idea of the 'chase' as part of our animal instinct but that's pretty much where it ends for me. Our intelligence is such that killing something for just because is not really necessary. We should be beyond that now as a species.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

W10 is exploding into the interwebs and people are hunting lions for sport. Odd day.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've owned and used the following MS/Windows OS.

DOS 5, DOS 6, Windows 3, Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1

Does this show my age? LOL

I can also say I've used other OS before I used DOS 5.

Now that I've seen your list, I remember as a kid using DOS6. My first computer used was a Princeton.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So this whole story with that dentist guy killing the lion is a rather interesting story. Seems illegal hunting is something he 'loves' to do. He purportedly loves hunting... They purposely coaxed the lion out of the reserve to 'hunt' it. Very sad.

I hope this guy gets the 15 years of prison as well as the other two 'hunters'. Well that's possible prison. They might be able to 'pay' their way out. Then again, the uproar of this might be enough.

You know. I'm a person who eats meat. So I get the idea of hunting for meat as it's the only way some people actually get to eat meat. I can understand that. Whether we're comfortable with that or not.

What I don't understand is hunting predators for 'sport'. If you want to call it that. It doesn't seem very sport like using a high powered bow or gun. I get the idea of the 'chase' as part of our animal instinct but that's pretty much where it ends for me. Our intelligence is such that killing something for just because is not really necessary. We should be beyond that now as a species.

Can't they just coax the dentist out of prison and shoot him the same way he coaxed the lion out of the preserve?

Posted via Xperia Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven