WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm curious to see what happens with MSFT, but I think in the mobile space, they won't do any better than "3rd place".

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's just sad when Rue can walk into a store and buy a holder kit for a SWR50 and I won't get to see it. By the time that gets to the US, Sony's talking about the SW4. A real shame...

Posted via Xperia Z3

If you're interested in anything let me know and I'll gladly ship it to you. :)

Yeah Sony is a mess. I've heard rumours they're going to release a Z5 and Z5 compact. Maybe someone should write to them to make sure they do it right this time. :p

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Battery still seems as runny as usual with tte Z3 so far. I've been getting more of that 30 - 36 hours mixed usage these days. Oh, well. I'm still not a fan of all this white in lollipop. Feels like my supervisor approved it.

Posted via Xperia Z3
She must have done that whilst sucking on a giant Lollipop😀

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So...lollipop broke my internet settings. Have to enter them manually. I did a dirty install and I guess jumping from 4.4.4 to 5.1.1 was a bit too much for the phone? Seriously. And the battery is more runny than it was on 4.4.4. I'm already down 30% in under 3 hours of official usage.

Did you see Sony is bleeding money...again!?!? I'm temporarily retiring my SWR50 because it is too hard to find a replacement silicone strap because online here in the US they don't sell the strap separately, you cannot find it separately on Amazon either...and they haven't even gotten to selling the metal version or holder kit yet. I had an employee at the store tell me that they always ship the stuff to the US late and that the first time he saw a Z2 last summer was when a European customer on vacation had it in the store and was gracious enough to let him test it out.

And you wonder why they've been restructuring for 10(!) years now?!?

Sony is frustrating. They make good products, and yet their marketing and after sales service is so shoddy they almost make my supervisor look like she can run a department. (ALMOST). They just don't know how to get out of their own way. The Z series, if handled right, was good enough to get them back on the map. Now they've buried 3 of the best phones in the whole series (Z Ultra, Z2 and Z3C). No one is making small phones anymore so Sony should be pushing the Z3C hard. And yet...

It's just sad when Rue can walk into a store and buy a holder kit for a SWR50 and I won't get to see it. By the time that gets to the US, Sony's talking about the SW4. A real shame...

Posted via Xperia Z3
Their customer service is pits! I have dealt with Apple, Nokia, Google and Motorola. All are top notch.

Apple fixed my phone in a few hours and then when I showed them that they had scratched the rim of my 5S, they just replaced it on the spot. Because they have stores everywhere they can do that.

Nokia has either repaired or replaced about 8 devices for me and average time back and forth was about 7 actual days.

Google was one phone call and they shipped me a replacement via UPS next day along with a label to send the faulty Nexus 5 back.

Motorola was FedEx next day after they received the 2013 Moto X.

Sony was well lets just say that the rep couldn't even tell me if the issue was covered under warranty or not. I'm just glad I was able to get rid of that phone so quickly.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Thanks.
I said it yesterday. That windows 10 is amazing and I do enjoy it. But I dislike the fact that it feels like the last three years of my life I was using something fresh and felt futuristic. Now it feels like window 7 with a touch screen.
It's not bad. It just feels like I went back in the past. And mostly am just reliving something I already experienced once.

Lol I guess those adverts were right haha.

I'm liking the new mix a lot. Granted, on 8 I usually was messing around in desktop mode. I guess that's why I'm liking it so much 😅

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

She might not be sucking the correct lollipop, or sucking so hard she is swallowing and excreting out what little common sense she has left.

Don't rile me up, 99...you know better than that...

Posted via Xperia Z3
I'm in an ornery mood today so...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Their customer service is pits! I have dealt with Apple, Nokia, Google and Motorola. All are top notch.

Apple fixed my phone in a few hours and then when I showed them that they had scratched the rim of my 5S, they just replaced it on the spot. Because they have stores everywhere they can do that.

Nokia has either repaired or replaced about 8 devices for me and average time back and forth was about 7 actual days.

Google was one phone call and they shipped me a replacement via UPS next day along with a label to send the faulty Nexus 5 back.

Motorola was FedEx next day after they received the 2013 Moto X.

Sony was well lets just say that the rep couldn't even tell me if the issue was covered under warranty or not. I'm just glad I was able to get rid of that phone so quickly.

That's why they don't understand. It isn't about selling components to other OEMs. It isn't just about trimming their offerings. Cannot make money if your after sales support is ****.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

If you're interested in anything let me know and I'll gladly ship it to you. :)

Yeah Sony is a mess. I've heard rumours they're going to release a Z5 and Z5 compact. Maybe someone should write to them to make sure they do it right this time. :p

I may need you to ship me both a holder kit and those wood headphones. Details forthcoming in the near future...

Personally, if I were in charge, I'd split their offerings in half with 2 flagships...

1) the bigger screen flagship and the big screen tablet in the first half of the year,

2) the Compact flagship and the Compact tablet in the second half of the year.

That way you get two yearly cycles but buzz every 6 months with a new release. The priority is still the bigger flagship, but with the right compromises, the Compact would sell...

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I may need you to ship me both a holder kit and those wood headphones. Details forthcoming in the near future...

Personally, if I were in charge, I'd split their offerings in half with 2 flagships...

1) the bigger screen flagship and the big screen tablet in the first half of the year,

That way you get two yearly cycles but buzz every 6 months with a new release. The priority is still the bigger flagship, but with the right compromises, the Compact would sell...

Posted via Xperia Z3
No worries just keep in mind I'm away for the next two weeks.

If you want to get the ball rolling on anything before I leave let me know.

I thought the headphone company shipped internationally for free.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Posted via Xperia Z3
Agree about the timing of release for Sony. Thing is the could do phones first than tablets.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers