WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That's why all my "flagship" phones I'm getting from my telco for "free" and only the "cheap" phones I'm buying or bought, i.e., HTC 8S, Cherry Mobile, Honor 6, Lumia 636.

There really is no need to get a flagship phone at this point. I'd love to get the GF off to something else, but she likes Samsung and will end up with a Note 5. There's nothing in 2015 that's really wowed me so far. The G4 has caught my eye, and design wise, so did the M9...but I wouldn't buy either. I'd still pick a Z3 or Moto Maxx (maybe a Moto X on a bigger battery too) over what's out there. Hell, if I wanted to be cheap I'd get back a OnePlus One or go the Zeknfone 2 route. Nothing really has any resale value when the Chinese are killing the mid range game.

Posted via Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

There really is no need to get a flagship phone at this point. I'd love to get the GF off to something else, but she likes Samsung and will end up with a Note 5. There's nothing in 2015 that's really wowed me so far. The G4 has caught my eye, and design wise, so did the M9...but I wouldn't buy either. I'd still pick a Z3 or Moto Maxx (maybe a Moto X on a bigger battery too) over what's out there. Hell, if I wanted to be cheap I'd get back a OnePlus One or go the Zeknfone 2 route. Nothing really has any resale value when the Chinese are killing the mid range game.

Posted via Xperia Z3
Played with a G4 today. Not impressed. UI is meh, couldn't stand the bloatware on it. I'm glad I didn't buy it. I played with an Elephone P8000 and man, what a phone for the price!

So I decided I'm going to keep LTE on phones going forward ergo no Meizu M2 Note and the other Chinese devices.

The Idol 3 gets LTE. The Mi Note Pro was a replacement device and the last H+ device for now.

So while driving back home today I thought what if I could put an Android ROM on my 830? Screen is awesome, design is great, camera is stellar, NFC, wireless charging....I mean this would be an awesome device that would sell like hot cakes provided it was priced $249😀 Oh well, enough dreaming, this kind of wishful thinking brings back the 'burning platform' memo from Elop roaring back to life.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Played with a G4 today. Not impressed. UI is meh, couldn't stand the bloatware on it. I'm glad I didn't buy it. I played with an Elephone P8000 and man, what a phone for the price!

So I decided I'm going to keep LTE on phones going forward ergo no Meizu M2 Note and the other Chinese devices.

The Idol 3 gets LTE. The Mi Note Pro was a replacement device and the last H+ device for now.

So while driving back home today I thought what if I could put an Android ROM on my 830? Screen is awesome, design is great, camera is stellar, NFC, wireless charging....I mean this would be an awesome device that would sell like hot cakes provided it was priced $249😀 Oh well, enough dreaming, this kind of wishful thinking brings back the 'burning platform' memo from Elop roaring back to life.

See, an AOSP ROM with the LG camera app, Q Slide-esque multitasking and Knock Code would make the G4 hardware fly. I just didn't want it beause it didn't offer anything over what I was getting with my Z3. I mean, the only worthy upgrade for me at this point is a Moto Maxx, and it is really sidegrade because it handles stock better than the Z3 with this data issue and battery drain with a bigger battery.

I like going LTE only for unlocked devices. It sucks Nokia didn't out the AWS support into the 930. This data situation is frustrating with the Z3 though.

Posted via Xperia Z3

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Lumia phones are way overpriced here and only mid range offered by my carrier.
I thought of getting the G4 or S6 but I don't want another Android phone at the moment. The 640 LTE + Stream 7 is interesting but I'm happy with the 636 so far, so the iPhone 6 it is.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

How do people sleep :eek: do they have blinds to cover the light ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
Didn't we already have a discussion about this? Yes they have dark curtains. Most places these days have blinds built into the windows.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Here are the Xiaomi Mi Note Pro and the Alcatel Idol 3. Both are really nice devices. I'm really impressed with the Idol3. For the price it punches way above it's weight. In fact it is better than the Mi 4i which has similar internals but costs more. It also reminds me of what OPO 2 could have been. With a 8XX Snapdragon and more RAM, this could be a really nice flagship killer.

Attachments

• WP_20150804_06_45_36_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150804_06_45_36_Pro.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 7

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Here are the Xiaomi Mi Note Pro and the Alcatel Idol 3. Both are really nice devices. I'm really impressed with the Idol3. For the price it punches way above it's weight. In fact it is better than the Mi 4i which has similar internals but costs more. It also reminds me of what OPO 2 could have been. With a 8XX Snapdragon and more RAM, this could be a really nice flagship killer.

It's a very good phone. Underscores how much better the midrange offerings are these days.

Do people really need to buy a flagship?

Posted via Xperia Z3

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

My Moto G has been acting up. Amazon sent me to Motorola which sent me to a service which I don't think it still fixes Motorola phones. If they say they don't Amazon said to go back to them.

Poslano z mojega SM-T520 z uporabo Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Didn't we already have a discussion about this? Yes they have dark curtains. Most places these days have blinds built into the windows.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

I honestly don't remember maybe you did but I didn't read it . Anyways that's pretty cool that they are built in to the windows

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

My Moto G has been acting up. Amazon sent me to Motorola which sent me to a service which I don't think it still fixes Motorola phones. If they say they don't Amazon said to go back to them.

Poslano z mojega SM-T520 z uporabo Tapatalk
Good luck. I hope you get it fixed soon.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb