WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I am finally home and able to catch up on the news I missed while at the GF the past few days.

As for Project Astoria...while I respect MSFT for creating powerful porting tools, I don't see how the greedy will prosper for sideloading Android APKs. More importantly, may we potentially see some Android style malware getting to be an issue on WP now too? I get it...the small indie dev who is tight on a budget, it makes sense to just do a port. Now to the big boys who are making a furious fuss - you guys know it is better to make a native app for a platform than doing a straight port - so cry me a river. I'm not saying that development is easy, but MSFT can only do so much to draw apps if there are more than enough people out there who made lazy ports pre Project Astoria and never updated them, or guys like the CEO of Pebble who had an app made for them and decided to kill it.

There is no easy solution to the app gap, unless people feel it is better to have a seamless MSFT over a seamless Apple or Nexus or Samsung or Sony or Asus or other Android OEM experience. MSFT has to make Windows into a really viable 3rd options...then you'll see more native apps and less ports of any kind.

Mia for ceo! This makes a lot of sense

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Somehow I'm sure you shouldn't be surprised by this...remember the 810 days?

Oh yeah I remember that. Yeah I'm not surprised anymore. Msft makes good generation products but I wish they would support them more . My RT runs fine without any hiccups. Had it been marketed well it would of faired better:/ then again it's msft after all. Now I know to get the 3rd generation of any msft product

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Oh yeah I remember that. Yeah I'm not surprised anymore. Msft makes good generation products but I wish they would support them more . My RT runs fine without any hiccups. Had it been marketed well it would of faired better:/ then again it's msft after all. Now I know to get the 3rd generation of any msft product

I love my Surface RT and depending on what will change in the update, I might just keep it as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

RT was not the best of ideas and it was hard to sell the idea because everyone got confused with the whole thing.

On top of that they created a three tier app ecosystem and that was never going to fly. Especially since they barely had their smartphone off the ground.

RT was a great concept with poor marketing and bad developer potential.

I get the idea behind RT but it it was never going work.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I feel like I'm in Seattle instead of NYC with all this rain. But it is more of the thunderstorm variety...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Here you go Sahib...a different view of the Empire State building...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Attachments

• 104006.jpg
    104006.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 7

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. I feel like I'm in Seattle instead of NYC with all this rain. But it is more of the thunderstorm variety...

Posted via Xperia Z3
It's going to hit triple digits here starting tomorrow. So I'd take the NYC weather right now compared to the weather here.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Okay so here is the unsolicited review (specifically for MSFTisMIA along with a sarcasm alert!) of Windows 10 on a Acer Aspire Laptop and a Acer Iconia W4 tablet.

The laptop works great for me without any issues so far. I am not trying to do anything new on this computer that I did not do last week prior to installing Windows10. So call me biased but I haven't had any issues so far aside from the initial hiccup about microphone and sound which was pretty easy to fix. Another minor quibble was no more Google Music on the laptop as the Google thinks I have a new PC that wants to run Google Music and they will only allow 20 devices total and I can only deregister 4 devices a year. Aside from this two items, everything works as intended. Chrome is quite slow for some reason but Edge works just fine.

Side rant
Four devices per year, SMH...I know 4 is enough for most people to cycle through in a year but sometimes I go through that many in a week:) So I have just stopped using Google Music and have switched over to Amazon (I already pay for Prime) and Mix Radio.

Acer Iconia W4-820
The tablet came with Win10 loaded. I like it a lot. I have cycled through Surface, DVP, Toshiba Encore 2, Yoga 2 and now this tablet. All the previous tablets ran Win8.1 and I was quite familiar with how things worked and am quite okay with how tablet mode works on Win10. My only complaint so far is that MSFT needs to make WordFlow available in tablet mode. That is one thing they need to port over from WP. Otherwise I am happy with the tablet as well.

I will continue updating folks here as things progress. So far so good, at least for me. YMMV.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Quick update on the tablet:
I finally got sometime to put the tablet through my standard checklist - since it is a used device it has to go through that - and I discovered that the audio jack is no bueno. Lot of static and hissing sound is coming out of the tablet. That is a bit bothersome. Need to see if BT headphones work with it without any issues.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Quick update on the tablet:
I finally got sometime to put the tablet through my standard checklist - since it is a used device it has to go through that - and I discovered that the audio jack is no bueno. Lot of static and hissing sound is coming out of the tablet. That is a bit bothersome. Need to see if BT headphones work with it without any issues.

Mechanical issue or drivers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)