WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

There's three things in my mind that can help MS.

1) Have their flagship phones on all carriers and available unlocked - no exclusives
2) Get the damn OEM apps from developers. 3rd party are nice but that should be the option, not the solution
3) Price aggressively

Fail at any of those and W10 mobile will be in the same place it is this time next year.

Though having good hardware is important the bottom line their software needs to be dead on. That includes having the apps. Fancy gimicks like Continuum won't sell phones to the average Joe and Jane. They need even parity.
If they do all the above, what the percentage of you getting a W10M phone?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm out of W10M for the moment and unless there's something to draw me towards W10M I'm likely to stay out for the immediate future. I'm with my current phone for at least the next year unless I break it or dies.

At this point in time, there's nothing overly compelling about W10M that will make me switch to it. Maybe I'll be surprised when they finally release a decent phone but there's many things missing for me on WP currently that make me uninterested.

Also as MIA pointed out, the likelihood of that even happening are minimal. W10M will be exclusive to some carrier, will still not have the apps and will most likely be overpriced. So I don't see much changing.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I want to bring my 636 back to 8.1 and contemplating on buying a defective 1020 (cellular radio busted) for $112.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm out too. It's not that I don't like Windows 10, I just feel that if the rumors are true the coming hardware will be overpriced and not as compelling. I still have the love - hate relationship with the platform. I boot up the 930 and love my lives tiles...as soon as I swipe to see my app list I'm reminded how different the OS looks and operates. I love a lot of the old aesthetics (WP 8) better and think that while the direction the OS has taken makes sense, some of the soul/uniqueness was stripped away. That uniqueness attracted me to the platform in the first place.

I left Android for WP because I was charging my phone daily. I left WP for Android because I'm charging my phone daily and for the few apps I use have better Android support. Android and iOS aren't better - they just have more users. Maybe if 99 gets a high end WP when they get cheaper I can bug him for a test drive. Otherwise, the 930 is my last WP for the foreseeable feature.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The biggest disappointment for me is that during this intermezzo period between Nokia's 930 + HTC's M8 that the best hardware launched was the Lumia 640. The second biggest disappointment was the fact that MSFT initially killed off the upgrade to the 830.

Now, Nokia has mishandled the 8xx line since the 800. However, the people's flagship was the way to go. I'd love to see something in the S620 processor + 2GB RAM + 13MP pureview + SD slot + USB Type C + 4.6" 1080P screen...for $275-$300. Then market the hell out of it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The biggest disappointment for me is that during this intermezzo period between Nokia's 930 + HTC's M8 that the best hardware launched was the Lumia 640. The second biggest disappointment was the fact that MSFT initially killed off the upgrade to the 830.

Now, Nokia has mishandled the 8xx line since the 800. However, the people's flagship was the way to go. I'd love to see something in the S620 processor + 2GB RAM + 13MP pureview + SD slot + USB Type C + 4.6" 1080P screen...for $275-$300. Then market the hell out of it.

Or honestly, for $300:

4.6" 1080P screen, same camera as the 930, 16GB + SD slot + 808 (or even the 805) processor + USB Type C + 2600mah battery + 2GB RAM.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Or honestly, for $300:

4.6" 1080P screen, same camera as the 930, 16GB + SD slot + 808 (or even the 805) processor + USB Type C + 2600mah battery + 2GB RAM.

Well any of those 2 configurations and official Snapchat app and I'm back on L800 line :)

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Huawei has some nice hardware. The big boys will be officially out on notice with their Nexus device.

Posted via Xperia Z3

The Honor 6 isn't as beautiful compared to the other members, but the specifications are pretty good and performance is even better. Windows 10 phone with those specs at that price, and I'm happy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The Honor 6 isn't as beautiful compared to the other members, but the specifications are pretty good and performance is even better. Windows 10 phone with those specs at that price, and I'm happy.

If I were to have bought a Huawei to try out, it'd be the Honor 6. I really liked what I saw.

I'm more of a function over form guy anyways...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm really liking the current speculated specs of the 950/950XL. I think depending on the finalised official specs I will be getting one of those bad boys. Love the idea of the infrared camera for windows hello. Hope that turns out to be a true feature for the phone :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I moved my one of my netbooks to Windows 10. Took 12 hours. Just updated my other netbook I forgot I had too. Thing is, that one has Ubuntu. Took me a good amount of troubleshooting to get it to work. Kept having installs fail because of previous partitions. Finally got it going about 2 days later.

I still can't bring myself to upgrade my main laptop. I'm just so happy with it right now on Windows 7 Professional.

I'm going to wait a touch until things settle maybe another month so that some of the bugs can be sorted.

In other news my supervisor's laptop sorted itself out. Appears to be working now.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I got both back and front. I'll let you know if it's good or not.

Not entirely sure if you're saying it's good or bad. :p

I've got on both on mine. In this case, its a good thing. Sharp edges though where the screen protector stops, but otherwise it's great. Gives a glass and metal phone a more premium look and feel. No scratches on mine so far.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

How's it going? Was in the hospital again but right now I'm on meds that keep the pain away so I feel fairly normal. Apparently I'm having Charlie horses in my ureter due to consistent infections caused by my stricture.

Good to see you're out of the hospital.

As for me, same old, same old...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to wait a touch until things settle maybe another month so that some of the bugs can be sorted.

In other news my supervisor's laptop sorted itself out. Appears to be working now.

I wish my supervisor's hardware between her ears was sorted out...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786