WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I went looking at phones again...

I like the G4. Last year's G3 impressed the hell out of me, and LG made the G4 better. I could see a scenario using one as a Swiss Army knife type daily driver, especially with either the black, white or sky blue leather backs.

I saw the S6Edge +. Big, very light. Otherwise, typical Samsung. Looks nice.

I saw the Note 5. The GF will like it for sure. Lighter than I thought. Design looks nice, but I prefer Sony's Omnibalance, and even the iPhone 4 look and feel more. Otherwise, typical Samsung.

And yet...I kept casting my eyes on the G Flex 2, and longing for the Moto Maxx even more. Maybe it's because the G4 feels like a more refined Z3. In other words, it doesn't Improve on the Z3 much to justify the price tag. The camera, chipset and removable back are the improvements. Screen is a wash in my eyes...so are the battery sizes, microSD, and UI. The Z3 can take nice pictures but I have to learn it a bit better.

Now, if the G4 is at the right price ($370) of course I buy it. To me, the G Flex 2 is different because of the design and screen. The Moto Maxx has the stuff I want - big battery, Qi, light UI, Moto add-ons.

So...I'm going to wait. For now. I'd like a Moto Maxx, but not at a crazy price. If I cannot get one, it's either a G4 or G Flex 2.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Last edited:

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Pics or it didn't happen.

Just kidding. Look forward to some though. :)

Ignorance, there is a cure.
Well picture from the end of party today :D ( we are 2 h before UK). Pics from sightseeing will follow when I get home and have time to write something :)
uploadfromtaptalk1440718325775.jpg

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Time to head to sacrament for a few days. It should be fun :)
Sent from my rare Lumia debian red nokia Lumia 830

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not sure what to make of the L950/XL. I do agree they look slightly cheap and plastic. Hard to go by a render on how they generally look and feel. Nor the weight.

I've never been a fan of the camera bulge either.

I have to agree that I was hoping for something a bit more slick looking. Maybe their Intel phones will be the 'premium phone' people want. More waiting....

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I hope your surface revives !

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

Thanks!

The problem is that it stopped charging when it's off. Yesterday it caught up with the battery. It's now in a chicken and egg thing, where it needs to be on to charge, but won't turn on because there's not enough charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Not sure what to make of the L950/XL. I do agree they look slightly cheap and plastic. Hard to go by a render on how they generally look and feel. Nor the weight.

I've never been a fan of the camera bulge either.

I have to agree that I was hoping for something a bit more slick looking. Maybe their Intel phones will be the 'premium phone' people want. More waiting....

Morning folks.

It ain't about how looks, its more about how it runs and the price at this point. If MSFT misses on pricing, they're ****ed...

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks.

It ain't about how looks, its more about how it runs and the price at this point. If MSFT misses on pricing, they're ****ed...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Agree but having a nice phone helps as well. You want to have something that attracts people and these are decidedly dull and cheap looking.

The price is definitely going to matter on these. I don't see anyone wanting to pay premium on them.

Of course exclusive contracts will keep many people away anyway. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Agree but having a nice phone helps as well. You want to have something that attracts people and these are decidedly dull and cheap looking.

The price is definitely going to matter on these. I don't see anyone wanting to pay premium on them.

Of course exclusive contracts will keep many people away anyway. :p

If they make a surface phone, that's the stupidest thing they could do...and I wouldn't be surprised if they use the polycarb in these and make them ugly and use the industrial metal design for the Surface phone line, then they won't make a dime.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb