WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

And based on the Z5 announcement, your Z3 is the last Sony as well? :p

Most likely. I like their hardware but not to the point of wanting the same thing after two years. When I'm ready for an upgrade it would have to be worth it. The Z5 isn't unless the price was really good, which is unlikely.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Most likely. I like their hardware but not to the point of wanting the same thing after two years. When I'm ready for an upgrade it would have to be worth it. The Z5 isn't unless the price was really good, which is unlikely.

You've had your Z3 for a year abouts anyways, so no good upgrade was coming from them during this time.

As always, I'm indifferent for their announcement today. If taken individually, all the phones from the Z2 onwards are very very good. I like their design language, audio chops, and how light their skin is. Problem is that when you release these phones every 6 months, you're devaluing the previous flagship because you're using selling stuff at the same price point.

My Z3 isn't going anywhere, but I'm disappointed by Sony.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I guess Sony really does want out of the mobile business. They really stuffed it, yet again. Sure the 'premium' handset has 4K display but the rest of the line up is nothing special. Totally botched the compact version. What's with the crappy colours?

Oh well. Sony was nice when they actually did something. A new camera is nice and all but total stuff up this time around unless there's something that hasn't been mentioned.

I guess we await the Z6? Or just assume Sony is dead?

I don't think they're dead, just like HTC on life support...except that as a parts supplier, they'll still have cash to use.

I'll still harp on the idea that if they were to do the two flagship thing to make the regular model be the spring offering and the compact be the fall offering. As it stands, they won't do that and I won't be surprised if there is a Z6 next spring to kill off the Z5.

At least Moto has gotten it right to only make three lines and update those annually. While they won't make crazy profits, they should be relevant. Sony still makes good tablets and those will sell OK, but I'm resigned to the fact that they're still a few years ago from decluttering their offerings and being cleaner in their marketing strategy.

Last edited:

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Ok, so people are not all that happy with Sony, what do you think about Huawei Mate S ? For the right price I'm quite interested. Although Honor 7 seems a better phone. I really like the Huaweis, I think they produce good phones, only thing I don't like is UI but well, you have Nova launcher :D

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Hi all

Android Central, iMore, Crackberry have all been doing this challenge on there forums, so let?s start this challenge over here!

So what do you have do I hear you ask, just reply in this thread about anything, that's correct anything at all!

This can be your lunch, the weather, holiday, share images of your vacation and these are just a few examples. Let?s show the other site on MN what we can do, it may be a steep hill to climb however we can do it together, spare some of your time and post to your heart?s content and the best thing about this thread it can be about anything (in reason of course :p) and have FUN!

If you need a few more examples to get the wheels turning you can post about how your days was, a device, something funny you read or heard, cake, food, some more cake you get by now, of what you can do! :smile:

Now then the thread title will change every time we break the post count so I want to see this thread EXPLODE WITH POST, I WANT TO SEE YOUR KEYBOARD SET ALIGHT!

This is also a contest as well don't forget, against the other forum in MN, so let show them what we can do on WPC!!!

150,000 POST CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!
I propose, that if we make the magic number BIGPADDY has to respond to each one.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so people are not all that happy with Sony, what do you think about Huawei Mate S ? For the right price I'm quite interested. Although Honor 7 seems a better phone. I really like the Huaweis, I think they produce good phones, only thing I don't like is UI but well, you have Nova launcher :D

You can only mask the UI but so much...Huawei has been making good hardware for the past 2 years. Maybe the Nexus will help them tame their software issues.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Based on what I have read so far, it is a bit overpriced.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

You can only mask the UI but so much...Huawei has been making good hardware for the past 2 years. Maybe the Nexus will help them tame their software issues.

Stock Android will take care of software issues :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Just try using Linux in the CLI, rather than in a GUI. Just running everyday tasks that don't involve programming requires perfect syntax.

I took a year on the bash shell and Linux :p it's pretty hard

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

You didn't say what the topic was.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

Oh the topic was about logical thinking and ways to do research ( survey , polling , observation )

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Good morning everyone. Cloudy and rainy here. Something I haven't seen in a while because of the drought in California.

Sweet :) rain is good. No rain in site here in northern Cali Just cool weather :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm on the boat & in the buffet getting the GF and I food. Of course, we got there later than I'd like so all the Sears where you can see the stage are taken.

Oh well, we'll still have a good time. It is an older crowd, as expected, and we're in the top 5% best dressed, and the only color coordinated pair I've seen so far.

I'm out...

Posted via Xperia Z3

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You don't like EMUI 3.x? It makes Windows 10 a shame. All EMUI apps are consistent and beautifully functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I took a year on the bash shell and Linux :p it's pretty hard

That shell wasn't born yet in my 14 years of Unix. I used Bourne shell, C shell, and Korn shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05