WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I'm on the boat & in the buffet getting the GF and I food. Of course, we got there later than I'd like so all the Sears where you can see the stage are taken.

Oh well, we'll still have a good time. It is an older crowd, as expected, and we're in the top 5% best dressed, and the only color coordinated pair I've seen so far.

I'm out...

Posted via Xperia Z3

It was...OK. Food was so-so, drinks was so-so, Freddie was skinnier than I expected and used a ton of fillers. But it picked up at the end when he sang my two favorites.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The zoom on the Z3 is just horrid in SA mode. Audio was on point though. Sometimes I feel like I need a PhD to coax the best from this camera.

Here's a shot of lady liberty.

Maybe I need to learn how to take better pictures first.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Attachments

• 114533.jpg
    114533.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 6

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site

Sony Xperia Z5 premium with 4K display. Hmmm.
I wish from 2016 every smartphone in this planet would come with at least HD display.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Sony Xperia Z5 premium with 4K display. Hmmm.
I wish from 2016 every smartphone in this planet would come with at least HD display.
And a 4000mAh battery?
The Mi Note got 7 hours SOT and the Note Pro got 3.5 hours with the same battery and just the difference being 1080p versus qHD screen.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

You don't like EMUI 3.x? It makes Windows 10 a shame. All EMUI apps are consistent and beautifully functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It look to iOS for me. But it has a lot of functions, I give you that.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

My latest purchase.

attachment.php

[h=4]Moto X Pure Edition[/h]
Memory - 64GB GBBack - Royal BlueFront - Black / BlackTrim - Metallic Dark Titanium GrayGreeting - Hi, Laura!Estimated Delivery Sep 15, 2015

Attachments

• 4a9e462d8e443b09fbe6e1b446e4947c6381d10c.png
    4a9e462d8e443b09fbe6e1b446e4947c6381d10c.png
    237.7 KB · Views: 20

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You've had your Z3 for a year abouts anyways, so no good upgrade was coming from them during this time.

As always, I'm indifferent for their announcement today. If taken individually, all the phones from the Z2 onwards are very very good. I like their design language, audio chops, and how light their skin is. Problem is that when you release these phones every 6 months, you're devaluing the previous flagship because you're using selling stuff at the same price point.

My Z3 isn't going anywhere, but I'm disappointed by Sony.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
The problem is they keep making 'premium' phones and selling then at premium prices but there is no justification for the price of these phones. (I know the prices weren't announced but it's Sony) No one is going to buy that compact version when you can get a great mid range phone for a lot less. I just don't get where their head is at. It's like their ignoring the market and just doing the same thing they always do, which isn't working.

I guess we'll have to wait for reviews before final judgement but I get the feeling that the only version anyone is interested in is the 4K version simply for novelty factor. At least that's my opinion.

SMH

Ignorance, there is a cure.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The zoom on the Z3 is just horrid in SA mode. Audio was on point though. Sometimes I feel like I need a PhD to coax the best from this camera.

Here's a shot of lady liberty.

Maybe I need to learn how to take better pictures first.

Posted via Xperia Z3
Dusk shot on a rocking boat... Not the easiest. Zooming in on a far away object in this light you'll never get a good shot unless you have a DSLR and the knowledge of what to do in these lighting conditions. Azcruz may be able to answer better but on the whole I'd say difficult shot in general.

Did a little fix up for you. :)

14c36d21912a386c85c6308d3679f3db.jpg

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Learn anything???

yeah :D.. observing your subject in their natural habit could be good if your subject doesn't know that you are watching me. that's why reality tv shows aren't really real. they act differently since they are on camera( the Kardashians)

survey/polling is another way to get info since it could be at random people. thought the surveyor could manipulate or word the question so it could be most likely to confirm their bias in a certain subjects

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That shell wasn't born yet in my 14 years of Unix. I used Bourne shell, C shell, and Korn shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
we did a little bit of born shell. I thought that was hard too. then again we didn't go over it as much as we should have

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Dusk shot on a rocking boat... Not the easiest. Zooming in on a far away object in this light you'll never get a good shot unless you have a DSLR and the knowledge of what to do in these lighting conditions. Azcruz may be able to answer better but on the whole I'd say difficult shot in general.

Did a little fix up for you. :)

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/02/14c36d21912a386c85c6308d3679f3db.jpg

Thanks, this looks nice. I think I'm going to take an intro photograph class to improve my picture taking.

Honestly, when I was on the boat last night, I saw a ton of Samsung and we were on the middle deck looking down on the stage. The folks using their Samsung's in my vicinity were able to zoom in and take good videos. I wasn't. My audio was on point but picture packed the crispiness I would have liked. And that's my thing with this camera...it is good, but you've got to know how to work it.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The problem is they keep making 'premium' phones and selling then at premium prices but there is no justification for the price of these phones. (I know the prices weren't announced but it's Sony) No one is going to buy that compact version when you can get a great mid range phone for a lot less. I just don't get where their head is at. It's like their ignoring the market and just doing the same thing they always do, which isn't working.

I guess we'll have to wait for reviews before final judgement but I get the feeling that the only version anyone is interested in is the 4K version simply for novelty factor. At least that's my opinion.

SMH

Sony has been restructuring for 10(!) years. I'm not surprised at this strategy. It would appear good enough and overpriced is where their head is at.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

Life these days if you're in certain brackets seems to be a series of unflattering compromises. It's too early for a drink but I tell you what, the thought of a 7&7 overlooking a sunset with the GF is pretty appealing.

I'm not chasing the money...maybe that's the problem. Sigh.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm not chasing the money...maybe that's the problem. Sigh.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Truest words ever spoken - "You'll never be rich working for someone else."

I'm a 'victim' of this slavery as well so I know how you feel. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)