WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Busy day ahead for a Saturday. It will be interesting to see how it goes. :)

Ignorance, there is a cure.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

So...I've got one of the lazier PA's + a medical tech who'll talk your ear off + an attending who typically doesn't work Saturday clinic outside of a special one that happens every 2 months + an admin staffer who had the hots for me a few year's back.

Then I've got to elbow the traveling crowd to head down the Jersey shore to hang with tte GF.

Should be a fun Saturday...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

So...I've got one of the lazier PA's + a medical tech who'll talk your ear off + an attending who typically doesn't work Saturday clinic outside of a special one that happens every 2 months + an admin staffer who had the hots for me a few year's back.

Then I've got to elbow the traveling crowd to head down the Jersey shore to hang with tte GF.

Should be a fun Saturday...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Just left NYC on a bus to Atlantic City. The workday is done and now my holiday weekend starts.

Posted via Xperia Z3

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

This is my short review of the surface 3 after 2 weeks of using it. To start off I use my surface for school mainly programming in Java/C++.with that out of the way I can say my thoughts/ positives/ negatives and would I recommend it. My surface is the 4GB model 128 GB

Thoughts:
When I first got my surface i compared it with my surface RT. the thing that I noticed was that it was a lot bigger in screen size. Its more wider than my surface 3. Then again the surface 3 is 4:3 ( or something else) and the RT is 16:9. The material used on the surface feels like the material used on the iPhones but more denser and durable. Sure you get the little black bars while watching movies but I don't use it for movies. I also noticed that my surface 3 although bigger its a lot lighter than my surface RT. when I held the surface 3 without the keyboard it felt hollow because of how lighter it is compared to my Rt and I thought that was light. When I turned on my surface 3 For the first time it already came with windows 10 so no setting it up to work on windows 10. The screen on the surface RT I thought was the best because the whites were whites and I generally liked how it was calibrated. Comparing it to my Surface 3 yeah I still like my RT better but that's personal preference since my surface 3 tends to be a little bit more warmer. Talking about screen the screen resolution is awesome ! I didn't know how good the screen resolution was on the surface 3 till I saw it, I like it a lot since its crisp and clear. The only thing that maybe MSFT can do is to work on the DPI . By default MSFT set it to 150% but I thought that make everything bigger so I lowered it to 125% because 100% is way to small on 1920x1280. Moving on to the school aspect. I need it to be able to handle running NetBeans and other tabs running I case I need to see examples. I use up a total of 1.6 GB on heavy days, so I guess I didn't need the 4gb model. For the amount of flack the "reviewers give" about the CPU used in the surface 3 I call bull. It can handle my workload and give me 7 hours of battery life. I say that's very impressive for this Intel Atom CPU. The atom CPU has come a long way from how horrible it used to be now I can say yeah its a good CPU. Moving on to the surface pen. I don't use it a lot since well I prefer typing my notes out but I did try it for a day while taking notes. I can say its pretty neat and how accurate it is to write on my surface. I know others might find it really useful but I don't use it enough to talk much about it. The keyboard that I bought is a backlit keyboard that I enjoy using a lot. There is enough key travel to know where each keys are . you get that satisfying keyboard sound. Sure its not going to replace the mechanical keyboard switches like the Cherry mx blue switches but are good enough for a great typing experience. I typing this review with my surface right now. The track pad its there its helpful but nothing to write home about.

The pros:
Its lightweight
The kickstand is more refined and sturdy
The pen writing experience is great for those who need it.
Lasts me an entire school day( 8am -4pm)
Build quality is top notch

Cons:
The magnetic charger on the surface RT is faster at charging than my surface 3.
A little expensive since its close to the surface pro 3 price.
offer more choices like a 2 GB 128 gb or a 4gb 64gb one( maybe its just me )

Finals thoughts: this is a surface that is a worthy successor to the RT line because its lighter and faster than the pervious models to the RT line. I would recommend this to a programmer because of how portable it is and how it can run IDEs without any hiccups or anyone in college who needs to have a light load. I wouldn't recommend a student who does auto CAD or Photoshop to look at the surface 3 that's why the surface pro 3 is, I can't wait for what MSFT has for the surface 4. Sure its a little pricey but it works for me and that's what I care about.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I had to hold breath reading those paragraphs. He he

Atom for development? Nah. Can it even run Hyper V?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Visual Studio is an IDE, and requires Hyper V to run the emulators.

We really haven't got to that. So far it's Java I know for a fact like in October sooner or later we will dip our feet more into that . Or so says my course outline for the semester. I do that the surface 3 has hyper - V support ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441520005.544696.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sahib... I got one word for you. Paragraphs. They exist for a reason. That is all.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This is my short review of the surface 3 after 2 weeks of using it. To start off I use my surface for school mainly programming in Java/C++.with that out of the way I can say my thoughts/ positives/ negatives and would I recommend it. My surface is the 4GB model 128 GB

Thoughts:
When I first got my surface i compared it with my surface RT. the thing that I noticed was that it was a lot bigger in screen size. Its more wider than my surface 3. Then again the surface 3 is 4:3 ( or something else) and the RT is 16:9. The material used on the surface feels like the material used on the iPhones but more denser and durable. Sure you get the little black bars while watching movies but I don't use it for movies. I also noticed that my surface 3 although bigger its a lot lighter than my surface RT. when I held the surface 3 without the keyboard it felt hollow because of how lighter it is compared to my Rt and I thought that was light. When I turned on my surface 3 For the first time it already came with windows 10 so no setting it up to work on windows 10. The screen on the surface RT I thought was the best because the whites were whites and I generally liked how it was calibrated. Comparing it to my Surface 3 yeah I still like my RT better but that's personal preference since my surface 3 tends to be a little bit more warmer. Talking about screen the screen resolution is awesome ! I didn't know how good the screen resolution was on the surface 3 till I saw it, I like it a lot since its crisp and clear. The only thing that maybe MSFT can do is to work on the DPI . By default MSFT set it to 150% but I thought that make everything bigger so I lowered it to 125% because 100% is way to small on 1920x1280. Moving on to the school aspect. I need it to be able to handle running NetBeans and other tabs running I case I need to see examples. I use up a total of 1.6 GB on heavy days, so I guess I didn't need the 4gb model. For the amount of flack the "reviewers give" about the CPU used in the surface 3 I call bull. It can handle my workload and give me 7 hours of battery life. I say that's very impressive for this Intel Atom CPU. The atom CPU has come a long way from how horrible it used to be now I can say yeah its a good CPU. Moving on to the surface pen. I don't use it a lot since well I prefer typing my notes out but I did try it for a day while taking notes. I can say its pretty neat and how accurate it is to write on my surface. I know others might find it really useful but I don't use it enough to talk much about it. The keyboard that I bought is a backlit keyboard that I enjoy using a lot. There is enough key travel to know where each keys are . you get that satisfying keyboard sound. Sure its not going to replace the mechanical keyboard switches like the Cherry mx blue switches but are good enough for a great typing experience. I typing this review with my surface right now. The track pad its there its helpful but nothing to write home about.

The pros:
Its lightweight
The kickstand is more refined and sturdy
The pen writing experience is great for those who need it.
Lasts me an entire school day( 8am -4pm)
Build quality is top notch

Cons:
The magnetic charger on the surface RT is faster at charging than my surface 3.
A little expensive since its close to the surface pro 3 price.
offer more choices like a 2 GB 128 gb or a 4gb 64gb one( maybe its just me )

Finals thoughts: this is a surface that is a worthy successor to the RT line because its lighter and faster than the pervious models to the RT line. I would recommend this to a programmer because of how portable it is and how it can run IDEs without any hiccups or anyone in college who needs to have a light load. I wouldn't recommend a student who does auto CAD or Photoshop to look at the surface 3 that's why the surface pro 3 is, I can't wait for what MSFT has for the surface 4. Sure its a little pricey but it works for me and that's what I care about.

Agreed with Rue here. Got to use paragraphs to make this easier to read. It is a nice mini-review. If I had the cash I would have upgraded my T100 to a Surface but the old bird runs pretty well still.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Mornin' chaps... Headed off to work this morning for my Sunday double shift. Hope y'all have a great day!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Sahib... I got one word for you. Paragraphs. They exist for a reason. That is all.

I know :/ I thought of a way to paragraph it but where I put enter it didn't come out how I wanted it :/

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss