WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

This photo of our flooding yesterday came from The Wall Street Journal.
ffadbd5c65e2f4c196d3e816fb4d8f46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Anybody remember since when build 10532 for desktop been out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So here's a slight synopsis of how app dominant and big screen obsessed people have become thanks to OEMs, and why throwing out a segment of users is dangerous.

The regulars here remember that that last year, I bought an unlocked international 8X for a dear friend of mine. She's got small hands, and I picked the 8X because while it was an older model in 2014, it's a good starter smartphone.

Fast forward to a year later, and HTC drops support and she's fighting through the random shut off issue. I suggested to her she can now move to Android since she doesn't have iOS money. She goes to me: "the windows app store isn't all that...I just cannot find certain apps".

She listed her wish list and I sent her the Moto G to look at. I told her it was a little bit more expensive than the 8X at the time I bought it, and she balked at buying it. Truth be told, if means weren't an issue, she's a great candidate for a Z3 Compact (or get her a G Flex 2 with a Sony smartband talk, but she wouldn't bite for that). I would suggest the Desire 626, but it is a little bit underpowered. I would go Chinese, but I cannot see she wielding anything over 5"...she thought the 8X was huge.

It is hard for people to who want smaller phones and very good features at an affordable price. Some of us forget that not everyone has money for the upper midrange or these flagships.

These are the people Microsoft should be targeting. But with the skepticism of the strength of the app store and the delay in their lineup's refresh, I doubt their success to land or keep users like my friend...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Why do I feel that while the numbers are good under Obama's run, we still feel like two-three things away from happening to be in another recession?

Posted via Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Why do I feel that while the numbers are good under Obama's run, we still feel like two-three things away from happening to be in another recession?

Posted via Xperia Z3

Because it's been over 7 years since the last one and time is ripe. They seem to happen about that rate every time.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Because it's been over 7 years since the last one and time is ripe. They seem to happen about that rate every time.

I hope not. With these knuckleheads in charge - both the donkeys and elephants - I don't think there's much hope right now.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So here's a slight synopsis of how app dominant and big screen obsessed people have become thanks to OEMs, and why throwing out a segment of users is dangerous.

The regulars here remember that that last year, I bought an unlocked international 8X for a dear friend of mine. She's got small hands, and I picked the 8X because while it was an older model in 2014, it's a good starter smartphone.

Fast forward to a year later, and HTC drops support and she's fighting through the random shut off issue. I suggested to her she can now move to Android since she doesn't have iOS money. She goes to me: "the windows app store isn't all that...I just cannot find certain apps".

She listed her wish list and I sent her the Moto G to look at. I told her it was a little bit more expensive than the 8X at the time I bought it, and she balked at buying it. Truth be told, if means weren't an issue, she's a great candidate for a Z3 Compact (or get her a G Flex 2 with a Sony smartband talk, but she wouldn't bite for that). I would suggest the Desire 626, but it is a little bit underpowered. I would go Chinese, but I cannot see she wielding anything over 5"...she thought the 8X was huge.

It is hard for people to who want smaller phones and very good features at an affordable price. Some of us forget that not everyone has money for the upper midrange or these flagships.

These are the people Microsoft should be targeting. But with the skepticism of the strength of the app store and the delay in their lineup's refresh, I doubt their success to land or keep users like my friend...

Posted via Xperia Z3

My guess is that the next few years are going to be very lean for OEMs. My new coworker talked about a key sentiment - it is hard to leave Apple for some folks because of the investment in software (buying paid apps especially). I'm glad I'm platform agnostic (and I found all the old seedy iOS apps that were pulled from the Apple store back in the days I have stashed on my HDD), but still...

This is why the big boys should be worried. Most OEMs haven't solved the software issue yet. If the emerging Asian tigers do, then we can really get quality mass hardware for the under $400 consistently that in the old days cost $700.

Posted via Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Following the Apple event on The Verge right now...what a load of croc the iPad Pro is....and people are complaining that the Surface 3 Pro with the keyboard was expensive....sheesh!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Following the Apple event on The Verge right now...what a load of croc the iPad Pro is....and people are complaining that the Surface 3 Pro with the keyboard was expensive....sheesh!

Smh so anything apple comes out with is worth the price . The iPad *toy* has made the surface pro 3 a whole lot cheaper

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I still am amazed of how many people are defending the32gb iPad pro at 800$ that's highway Robbery. There is nothing pro about a bigger iPad
Sent from my rare debien green Nokia Lumia 830

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They're not trying to sell it to you, so you have nothing to worry about...

Either way, looks like they want to take in the Surface 3 Pro...watch the iSheep come out and take about how Apple invented stylus support next...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad I'm not getting any coverage about Apple at work...I'll read about it when I get home with my sheep shears in hand...

Posted via Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Live photos existed on Lumia Camera and even Lauren Goode of Re/Code pointed that out during the fruit stand event....of course Apple invented live photos, right!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Live photos existed on Lumia Camera and even Lauren Goode of Re/Code pointed that out during the fruit stand event....of course Apple invented live photos, right!

It took how many years for them to copy I mean invent ;)?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss