WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It took how may years for them to copy I mean invent ;)?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

They want the industry to see a failure, then release the same and succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

They want the industry to see a failure, then release the same and succeed.

I'll post something TL;DR tomorrow morning about this. I will say one thing though that the iPad Pro announcement confirmed the fact that the Surface Pro is a legitimate business device.
Imitation is the best form of flattery.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

"You can merge a toaster and a refrigerator, but that?s probably not going to be pleasing to anyone.? - Tim Cook

That was his reply in 2012 when he was asked if Apple will make a hybrid.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

"You can merge a toaster and a refrigerator, but that?s probably not going to be pleasing to anyone.? - Tim Cook

That was his reply in 2012 when he was asked if Apple will make a hybrid.

I need to dig up the slide about"Who needs a stylus?" from the iPad introduction in 2010!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

iSheep, man...in full force today. SMH.

I'm not hating on Apple, but gosh they have a get ability to put a lipstick on a pig and call it Ms. Piggy and make it lovable. It takes a great skill to do that.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

No I do not. I think it's about oil
When looking at art you should derive your own feelings about it and what it says to you and what it makes you feel. That's what art is about.

Take a look at the picture I posted. You have humans sitting on the back of horses, eyes closed, happy face tilted towards the sun. The horses heads are pumpjacks (also known as an oil horse). Then at high tide the water goes to the humans necks and their beaming faces stick just above the water.

We have a heavy reliance on oil products. Chemicals derived from oil is in probably in the majority of products we buy. Like smartphones, PCs, furniture, fridges, etc.

It's not just about oil, at least for me. Climate change, whether you agree with it or not, is real. There's enough going on in the world that supports it. Fossil fuels play a very large part in the problem.

This art depicts our response to it.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

iSheep, man...in full force today. SMH.

I'm not hating on Apple, but gosh they have a get ability to put a lipstick on a pig and call it Ms. Piggy and make it lovable. It takes a great skill to do that.

Posted via Xperia Z3

I guess apple is on top of their game. they have enough of blind follows and media to sway the common consumers to buy into the apple hype. that's what I think. I remember that when msft released the OG surface pro, tech bloggers crucified saying the keyboard should come with the surface. Now that apple is doing the same thing with the iPad toy , its ok. since its apple.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

When looking at art you should derive your own feelings about it and what it says to you and what it makes you feel. That's what art is about.

Take a look at the picture I posted. You have humans sitting on the back of horses, eyes closed, happy face tilted towards the sun. The horses heads are pumpjacks (also known as an oil horse). Then at high tide the water goes to the humans necks and their beaming faces stick just above the water.

We have a heavy reliance on oil products. Chemicals derived from oil is in probably in the majority of products we buy. Like smartphones, PCs, furniture, fridges, etc.

It's not just about oil, at least for me. Climate change, whether you agree with it or not, is real. There's enough going on in the world that supports it. Fossil fuels play a very large part in the problem.

This art depicts our response to it.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

to be honest I would of never figured it out. I was thinking of it more of a literal sense a man straddling big oil and looking at the sun thinking he is on top of the world

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

to be honest I would of never figured it out. I was thinking of it more of a literal sense a man straddling big oil and looking at the sun thinking he is on top of the world

I guess the difference in seeing the whole sculpture over just a couple of pictures. It was difficult to take good pictures of it as I wasn't going to hang around for the next 3 1/2hrs waiting for the tide to start coming in so the people would go away. :p

Here's an article to give you a better view and idea of things - Giant water horses invade the Thames

Strangely the best article on it is in the Torygraph... hmmm

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've come to a conclusion. With the advent of technological ecosystems we now have people living in 'tech' bubbles. This has become clearer as I see more and more people seemingly oblivious to the fact that the Surface Pro 3 had all the same technology (and more) that the iPad Pro has. That and not having to charge the pencil...

Just goes to prove that as these divisions continue MS will have a harder time convincing anyone who is in these ecosystems that moving over might be a great idea.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've come to a conclusion. With the advent of technological ecosystems we now have people living in 'tech' bubbles. This has become clearer as I see more and more people seemingly oblivious to the fact that the Surface Pro 3 had all the same technology (and more) that the iPad Pro has. That and not having to charge the pencil...

Just goes to prove that as these divisions continue MS will have a harder time convincing anyone who is in these ecosystems that moving over might be a great idea.

And of course, thus isndone by designs to build a loyal customer base and to maximize products from said loyal customer base. Apple is a master at this.

It is why talking tech with most people is not fun within the mobile space. All the car fans here on the thread will understand that even though there are different brands, that industry is based on innovation, so when another company develops something new or really refines an existing idea, they get the appropriate praise.

When Apple puts their spin on **** and sells it to the iSheep that they've invented something, it is really disrespectful to the original developers of the idea. People borrow from each other all the time in the mobile space, but I just cannot support a company as arrogant as the Fruit Stand.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As much as I like LG, their UI is almost as bloatware laced as Samsung's. I still feel that Windows Phone 8.0 was the cleanest UI I've used to date.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

And of course, thus isndone by designs to build a loyal customer base and to maximize products from said loyal customer base. Apple is a master at this.

It is why talking tech with most people is not fun within the mobile space. All the car fans here on the thread will understand that even though there are different brands, that industry is based on innovation, so when another company develops something new or really refines an existing idea, they get the appropriate praise.

When Apple puts their spin on **** and sells it to the iSheep that they've invented something, it is really disrespectful to the original developers of the idea. People borrow from each other all the time in the mobile space, but I just cannot support a company as arrogant as the Fruit Stand.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

I never realised how bad it's gotten until I talked to a guy who sits beside me who went totally Apple last year. No idea that anyone else had 4K recording or better cameras. No idea that the Surface had all the same features the that iPad Pro had. No idea that a lot of the features on iPhone 6S is on other phones already.

Basically what you have is people becoming zombies to technology. That's pretty sad when I think about it. There as a time in the past where innovation was simply that. It appears to be dying as far as I'm concerned.

It's crazy when I hear people talk about Apple. It's almost like nothing else can be better or more innovative. I know this is the 'typical' Apple fan but I can't believe how blind people are.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I never realised how bad it's gotten until I talked to a guy who sits beside me who went totally Apple last year. No idea that anyone else had 4K recording or better cameras. No idea that the Surface had all the same features the that iPad Pro had. No idea that a lot of the features on iPhone 6S is on other phones already.

Basically what you have is people becoming zombies to technology. That's pretty sad when I think about it. There as a time in the past where innovation was simply that. It appears to be dying as far as I'm concerned.

It's crazy when I hear people talk about Apple. It's almost like nothing else can be better or more innovative. I know this is the 'typical' Apple fan but I can't believe how blind people are.

I don't hate on Apple, as they bring a lot to the table. But I'm quick to shear iSheep when they start bleating about how great Apple is. That is why id never post over at iMore because 99 would have my head on a pike.Technically, I'm an equal opportunity ****** blaster so it doesn't matter to me.

How some fanbots act with tech are just as scary as some act with religion, sports, etc. People are scary at times...

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't hate on Apple, as they bring a lot to the table. But I'm quick to shear iSheep when they start bleating about how great Apple is. That is why id never post over at iMore because 99 would have my head on a pike.Technically, I'm an equal opportunity ****** blaster so it doesn't matter to me.

How some fanbots act with tech are just as scary as some act with religion, sports, etc. People are scary at times...

Posted via Xperia Z3

I don't hate Apple either. Actually I wouldn't mind trying one of their devices just to out of curiosity. I have no plans to switch but I am curious what all that hype is about. Thing is I don't want to spend that kind of cash on 'fun'.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

It has been annoying me that my unlocked Lumia had both English and Vietnamese keyboards and I would switch accidentally to the Vietnamese one without meaning to. Today I learned....you can just delete them lmao. I feel slow ha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)