WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't hate Apple either. Actually I wouldn't mind trying one of their devices just to out of curiosity. I have no plans to switch but I am curious what all that hype is about. Thing is I don't want to spend that kind of cash on 'fun'.

It's like eating your mom's signature dish in a high end restaurant. The only difference is you're paying for more expensive ingredients or ambiance, but the food eats the same.

Personally, I don't always need free ranged meat in order to cook a good stew.

There's a glut in terms of innovation that is in the market now. OEMs are concerned with refining and consolidating their vision for consumers. I don't expect Apple to have cross market appeal becuase they're selling you a premium experience first and foremost.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

OEMs don't understand or care to understand that admitting mistakes win points with consumers. I suppose the goal is to keep investors happy, as they don't like when companies admit mistakes.

People are bashing Apple, and rightfully so, because of the type of arrogance that they use. While Jobs is dead and gone, that arrogance still exists within the company - right, J. Ivey?

Posted via Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Okay so here is the long and short summary of the Apple event. Some of the quips in here are courtesy of Walt Mossberg and Lauren Goode. They had some nice comments during the live cast yesterday compared to the fanboys from The Verge.

Apple Watch - New leather bands from Hermes and Product RED color bands. Yawn....

Apple TV - Interesting and nicely presented. But a new OS to run a TV console? MSFT is going in the One OS on all devices and Apple is busy creating more OSes. I think their reasoning is more apps, more revenue for developers because there might not be cross platform support across Apple devices. That will not prevent the people who don't mind spending more than once on Apple services. But I think it will impact the cost conscious crowd and that is where I believe if MSFT gets its act together they can win, buy an app once in the Windows store and enjoy it across the entire ecosystem of devices. While I like the new Apple TV or Super Roku as called out by some reviewers I cannot justify the price of that device (as usual). The upgrade to Apple TV was long due but a 70% in price absolutely is not justified for what is now being offered in terms of functionality with the new Apple TV.

iPad Pro - Imitation is the best form of flattery. Microsoft deserves kudos for once making a product that Apple felt compelled to copy. The keyboard is overpriced and is not as functional as the Type Cover 2. The Pencil (err....stylus...) looks great but needs charging and seems to have no latency versus the Surface Pen and has tilt support built in. I hope MSFT solves this with the N-Trig Pen and Surface 4 Pro. But I wonder if people realize that an A9 chip is no match for a i7 Skylake Intel processor right? I mean the MBP comes with that processor built in and runs OS X. MSFT offers the same processor, much more RAM and a full desktop OS for the same or cheaper price. I really was not at all impressed with the iPad Pro despite what the iSheep crowd would like us to believe.

iPhone 6S and 6S Plus - No fast or wireless charging? 3D touch is great but in essence is right click for a mobile OS. Do we now need that level of interaction on something that should be very simple and easy to perform specifically with regards to a mobile OS? I think a better approach is to be able to accomplish task(s) with voice commands and I think both Google Now and Cortana will overcome the gimmickry on iOS Force Touch if executed in a meaningful manner. Live Photos, seriously this is an invention, after you poach away the PureView folks from Nokia once MSFT acquired them? On a bright note for us WC members, copying MSFT twice in one keynote shows us that MSFT is finally onto something right!

That in a nutshell is my $0.02 on the fruit stand event.
Time to go drink some apple flavored fruit punch laced with....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Okay so here is the long and short summary of the Apple event. Some of the quips in here are courtesy of Walt Mossberg and Lauren Goode. They had some nice comments during the live cast yesterday compared to the fanboys from The Verge.

Apple Watch - New leather bands from Hermes and Product RED color bands. Yawn....

Apple TV - Interesting and nicely presented. But a new OS to run a TV console? MSFT is going in the One OS on all devices and Apple is busy creating more OSes. I think their reasoning is more apps, more revenue for developers because there might not be cross platform support across Apple devices. That will not prevent the people who don't mind spending more than once on Apple services. But I think it will impact the cost conscious crowd and that is where I believe if MSFT gets its act together they can win, buy an app once in the Windows store and enjoy it across the entire ecosystem of devices. While I like the new Apple TV or Super Roku as called out by some reviewers I cannot justify the price of that device (as usual). The upgrade to Apple TV was long due but a 70% in price absolutely is not justified for what is now being offered in terms of functionality with the new Apple TV.

iPad Pro - Imitation is the best form of flattery. Microsoft deserves kudos for once making a product that Apple felt compelled to copy. The keyboard is overpriced and is not as functional as the Type Cover 2. The Pencil (err....stylus...) looks great but needs charging and seems to have no latency versus the Surface Pen and has tilt support built in. I hope MSFT solves this with the N-Trig Pen and Surface 4 Pro. But I wonder if people realize that an A9 chip is no match for a i7 Skylake Intel processor right? I mean the MBP comes with that processor built in and runs OS X. MSFT offers the same processor, much more RAM and a full desktop OS for the same or cheaper price. I really was not at all impressed with the iPad Pro despite what the iSheep crowd would like us to believe.

iPhone 6S and 6S Plus - No fast or wireless charging? 3D touch is great but in essence is right click for a mobile OS. Do we now need that level of interaction on something that should be very simple and easy to perform specifically with regards to a mobile OS? I think a better approach is to be able to accomplish task(s) with voice commands and I think both Google Now and Cortana will overcome the gimmickry on iOS Force Touch if executed in a meaningful manner. Live Photos, seriously this is an invention, after you poach away the PureView folks from Nokia once MSFT acquired them? On a bright note for us WC members, copying MSFT twice in one keynote shows us that MSFT is finally onto something right!

That in a nutshell is my $0.02 on the fruit stand event.
Time to go drink some apple flavored fruit punch laced with....

Good summary. The only thing Apple invented was to be overpriced.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I want to get a Shield TV. Apple TV too overpriced for me, Amazon fire Stick is OK, but the Shield TV will allow me to play more Android games on my TV, instead of my Z3 Tablet Compact.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This is how Apple treats their fans at their annual product launch. And boy do they eat it up by opening up really wide their...wallets every time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e84bATB_Z1c

But the problem is that even when they have you thinking they invented something, it is just a new way to spin the fact that they pilfed someone else's idea...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I've got a guy next to me with an OPO and a Mac book. Man, there are days that whenever I see an OPO I miss it...and then I see the OPT and bust out laughing...

Posted via Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I've got a guy next to me with an OPO and a Mac book. Man, there are days that whenever I see an OPO I miss it...and then I see the OPT and bust out laughing...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Android Pay just launched so no NFC is a no go for me. I think I am going to give the Moto X Pure Edition a look.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I have now seen about 6 Apple watches so far but not a single one with a lit up screen. The best pairing so far was a HTC M9 and a custom gold Moto X on a Delta flight attendant in the train at Minneapolis airport.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

In apple related news today I saw 2 iwatchs in the wild. One cyan strap in a guy and another one on a girl .
Sent from my rare debien green Nokia Lumia 830

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Folks, these are three very quality reads. While there is some bias in them, it is a highly entertaining view of the seductive powers of the iFruit. Some days I think Eve had two fruits in her hand when she was tempting Adam...one of them was an iPhone...

http://www.xda-developers.com/apple-appeal-my-voyage-to-the-store-of-oz/

http://www.xda-developers.com/apple-appeal-episode-ii-the-store-under-saurons-watch/

http://www.xda-developers.com/apple...gn=Feed:+xda-developers/ShsH+(xda-developers)

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In apple related news today I saw 2 iwatchs in the wild. One cyan strap in a guy and another one on a girl .
Sent from my rare debien green Nokia Lumia 830

Did you notice what the girl was wearing BESIDES the watch? (We know you've got a keen eye for spotting watches on women)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have now seen about 6 Apple watches so far but not a single one with a lit up screen. The best pairing so far was a HTC M9 and a custom gold Moto X on a Delta flight attendant in the train at Minneapolis airport.

Still say my silver green Z3 + a silver Moto 360 is a pretty hot looking set up...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Did you notice what the girl was wearing BESIDES the watch? (We know you've got a keen eye for spotting watches on women)

I didn't even notice what she was wearing lol. I was looking around and I saw the watch :p lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I didn't even notice what she was wearing lol. I was looking around and I saw the watch :p lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

I don't try to be right, but this is exactly what I predicted you'd say.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss