WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

My Sony SW3 hasn't gotten much play this weekend. I need to find a holder kit for the damn thing as the black band while comfortable looks too best up. Still, I'm waiting for the next thing to pair it up with next week. Kinda makes sense I match showboat with showboat (Moto 360 & Z3) and workhorse with workhorse (M + SW3)...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't hate Apple either. Actually I wouldn't mind trying one of their devices just to out of curiosity. I have no plans to switch but I am curious what all that hype is about. Thing is I don't want to spend that kind of cash on 'fun'.

I managed to get in and try it free courtesy of tom giving them away for a promotion on twitter.

Apple is my backup plan should windows phone go away but in all honesty i wasn't wowed at it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I managed to get in and try it free courtesy of tom giving them away for a promotion on twitter.

Apple is my backup plan should windows phone go away but in all honesty i wasn't wowed at it.

I personally don't believe Window on mobile is going to tank. I think it's a rocky road to where they want to get to but I think it's going to be fine.

For now I'm happy on Android. I may come back to Windows when it's more mature. Currently I need something else for my daily needs.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I put an entry in the Android photo contest for Trees. I'm thinking now I should have did a bit more editing to it. It looks a bit dark.

What I find amusing about the photo contests is that there is always people on there who post more than one picture. They don't read the instructions. Then there are those who can't seem to post a picture. LOL!

Oh well. I won't win anyway so it's all in good fun. :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I find myself growing discontent with WP/Lumia...not because of the Phone or OS, but the community(both reddit and WC) is really starting to turn me off of WP.

It's like being married/dating someone but you hate your significant other's friends and it causes a strain on your relationship haha.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I find myself growing discontent with WP/Lumia...not because of the Phone or OS, but the community(both reddit and WC) is really starting to turn me off of WP.

It's like being married/dating someone but you hate your significant other's friends and it causes a strain on your relationship haha.

I see it more like people with unreasonable expectations and acting like children throwing a two year old temper tantrum.

Unfortunately MS asked for this by releasing the technical preview. This is what happens when you get armchair quarterbacks telling you how things should be done.

The people in the Windows Phone community are so caught up in idea of being 'behind' that any idea of an 'update' means it's a good idea to update. When that update doesn't perform as promised they throw a fit. Forgetting totally that it's 'not and update'.

They don't understand that programming doesn't happen linearly. They don't understand how large corporations work. They don't understand the size or scale of the project. They are completely and utter clueless to the whole thing. This is why you don't get the public involved in things like this because a very large portion of it is full of ignorant buffoons.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I feel tempted to get back a 1520. But the temptation isn't strong enough. I think I'll put my 930 in the box until the official Windows 10 launch.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I see it more like people with unreasonable expectations and acting like children throwing a two year old temper tantrum.

Unfortunately MS asked for this by releasing the technical preview. This is what happens when you get armchair quarterbacks telling you how things should be done.

The people in the Windows Phone community are so caught up in idea of being 'behind' that any idea of an 'update' means it's a good idea to update. When that update doesn't perform as promised they throw a fit. Forgetting totally that it's 'not and update'.

They don't understand that programming doesn't happen linearly. They don't understand how large corporations work. They don't understand the size or scale of the project. They are completely and utter clueless to the whole thing. This is why you don't get the public involved in things like this because a very large portion of it is full of ignorant buffoons.

Agreed.

On a side note, buffoon is still one of my favorite words that doesn't get used often enough. Numbskull is another.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The TP program only benefits developers and people on hardware no longer supported, like the 8X and 810, and most Samsung's.

I was waiting for MSFT to just blow the whole thing up again, honestly. Release 5 new phones and state that this is where official support starts from, and throw everyone into the TP for the older devices. And only do 5 phones. Yes, people would rebel, but at least there's the TP instead of no alternative.

I cannot blame some of the numbskulls (there's that word again) out there...and that's why if Talkman and Cityman don't run well, aren't priced well and thus don't sell well out the gate, it'd be a disaster.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know, most people don't sleep with the spouse's extended network, so if they don't like you but you treat your spouse well, them bit liking you doesn't matter...social desirability is a dangerous thing at timess...

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know, sometimes seeing an unattractive asscrack is as appealing as waking up in the morning and seeing unflushed stool (another favrotie old school word) in the toilet...

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The TP program only benefits developers and people on hardware no longer supported, like the 8X and 810, and most Samsung's.

I was waiting for MSFT to just blow the whole thing up again, honestly. Release 5 new phones and state that this is where official support starts from, and throw everyone into the TP for the older devices. And only do 5 phones. Yes, people would rebel, but at least there's the TP instead of no alternative.

I cannot blame some of the numbskulls (there's that word again) out there...and that's why if Talkman and Cityman don't run well, aren't priced well and thus don't sell well out the gate, it'd be a disaster.

Posted via Xperia Z3

I agree about depositing all the old phones in the TP area and starting fresh.

I also agree that these new phones, whether you want to call them flagships or not is debatable, need to sell well and show off what W10M can do.

As that article from Dan pointed out we hear a lot of 'coming soon' but unfortunately that doesn't provide a date. I think this is part of the issue surrounding the whole outcry.... well the ignorance is big with a lot of the mouths going off.

I'll be happy once the official release is out. It won't make everyone happy because most people expectations are why off but that's to be expected.

The other part that people forget is that W10M will be continuously updated, something that many seem to miss. So sure it won't seem perfect but it will get updated regularity with small patches. I also believe that the tablet interface will improve once W10M is released but that's just a guess. I feel that W10M is a big part of the reason why the interface isn't that great. MS decided to feature the PC side first and then add the rest in. Let's face it, most people wanted a better PC interface anyway. So MS gave them what they wanted.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You know, sometimes seeing an unattractive asscrack is as appealing as waking up in the morning and seeing unflushed stool (another favrotie old school word) in the toilet...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Like I needed that vision... thanks. :p

Oh the horrors I've seen...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Like I needed that vision... thanks. :p

Oh the horrors I've seen...

I didn't need that vision of that asscrack either but was given it...and the amazing thing is when the woman looks at you as if to say "what you looking at?" And you want to tell her: "you think ANYONE bwants to see that rickety asscrack of yours anyways?"

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I agree about depositing all the old phones in the TP area and starting fresh.

I also agree that these new phones, whether you want to call them flagships or not is debatable, need to sell well and show off what W10M can do.

As that article from Dan pointed out we hear a lot of 'coming soon' but unfortunately that doesn't provide a date. I think this is part of the issue surrounding the whole outcry.... well the ignorance is big with a lot of the mouths going off.

I'll be happy once the official release is out. It won't make everyone happy because most people expectations are why off but that's to be expected.

The other part that people forget is that W10M will be continuously updated, something that many seem to miss. So sure it won't seem perfect but it will get updated regularity with small patches. I also believe that the tablet interface will improve once W10M is released but that's just a guess. I feel that W10M is a big part of the reason why the interface isn't that great. MS decided to feature the PC side first and then add the rest in. Let's face it, most people wanted a better PC interface anyway. So MS gave them what they wanted.

We've been hearing "things will get better" since Windows Mobile 2003 SE. That's why I don't take MSFT seriously anymore.

The arrogance from MSFT is releasing an incomplete product in Windows 10 and go..."we're gonna improve it via constant updates."

Really? That's laughable.

The arrogance is users not paying attention to the fact that the TP will get constant updates. More knuckleheadedness at its finest.

And you wonder why Apple spins such an effective hyper machine to tell people how to use their devices...

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I didn't need that vision of that asscrack either but was given it...and the amazing thing is when the woman looks at you as if to say "what you looking at?" And you want to tell her: "you think ANYONE bwants to see that rickety asscrack of yours anyways?"

Posted via Xperia Z3

At least it was a woman...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So summer is almost over, which mean there's no more skirts and short shorts and nice shaped legs to look at for free. Now you've got to play the game of guessing what's underneath what's covered...which is hazardous because if you guess wrong and its equipment similar to your own (and you're not into that) then your adventure may not play out the way you want...

Posted via Xperia Z3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99