WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yes, today went to ****. Even the money I won wasn't worth anything because I was hit with a $620 light bill that I have to call in the morning to contest. I'm still behind on my charting for this weekend, as my coworker called out sick today and left me stck with the newbies who I leg see some patients solo because of the volume. If I'm stuck paying this light bill, the out of state trip is cancelled for her birthday and she now doesn't want to go down the coast again.

The GF's CPU in the kit she bought has a bent pin - that could be the cause of the problem. So she's agonizing (and dragging me through this agony) as to whether she wants to return the kit whole or buy/get a replacement CPU.

I'm just in an annoyed and agitated place tonight. I drank some Guinness and that didn't help.

Posted via Xperia Z3

That sounds like a normal electricity bill for a house in Toronto Canada... no I'm not kidding.

The bent pin explains the whole problem for why things didn't work as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes the pin can be bent back, just depends how badly it's bent. At least that's sorted but unfortunately you still have the issue of what happens next.

You should have went for the hard stuff after a day like that. :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That sounds like a normal electricity bill for a house in Toronto Canada... no I'm not kidding.

The bent pin explains the whole problem for why things didn't work as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes the pin can be bent back, just depends how badly it's bent. At least that's sorted but unfortunately you still have the issue of what happens next.

If I went for any harder liquor, I'd have called out from work today. While that's not a bad idea, I'm so behind on charting that would screw me over even more.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've lived in my apartment for 5 years. Even with my ex here, my bill never passed $50. You're telling me with the same usage I've always had, I'm paying in one month what I've paid in 2 years combined? Not acceptable.

Posted via Xperia Z3

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Although I subscribed to this technician claim about bent pin, I'd say I won't buy it again as modern processors no longer have pins, just flat contacts.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've lived in my apartment for 5 years. Even with my ex here, my bill never passed $50. You're telling me with the same usage I've always had, I'm paying in one month what I've paid in 2 years combined? Not acceptable.

Posted via Xperia Z3

I wasn't suggesting that you needed to pay more I was just stating a silly thing. Electricity has gotten ridiculously expensive in Toronto.

There is obviously a mistake with the electrical company reading. I hate dealing with utility companies and other services, they tend to be more anti customer service than any other service provider. At least here.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Although I subscribed to this technician claim about bent pin, I'd say I won't buy it again as modern processors no longer have pins, just flat contacts.

I was curious about that as well. If it was a newer CPU there shouldn't be pins but I didn't look into the actual CPU to find out if it had pins or not.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's a slightly older AMD, but I still don't buy it much myself because I've handled the CPU carefully knowing that these things can happen.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wasn't suggesting that you needed to pay more I was just stating a silly thing. Electricity has gotten ridiculously expensive in Toronto.

There is obviously a mistake with the electrical company reading. I hate dealing with utility companies and other services, they tend to be more anti customer service than any other service provider. At least here.

I know you aren't saying that. I just vented a little bit. Just having a very irritated few weeks that's all.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's a slightly older AMD, but I still don't buy it much myself because I've handled the CPU carefully knowing that these things can happen.

Posted via Xperia Z3

I found a bent pin on a CPU after installing it. Actually I think there were two. I'm damn sure it wasn't me who did it either. I took it back and got a new one.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I found a bent pin on a CPU after installing it. Actually I think there were two. I'm damn sure it wasn't me who did it either. I took it back and got a new one.

I would have replaced it myself, but the GF does her own thing.

I'm actually tired of hearing her talk about it. I'm not a fan of her decision making process and it showed up in with this. And because I'm more irritated these days, my tolerance levels of this are much lower than usual.

Posted via Xperia Z3

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I would have replaced it myself, but the GF does her own thing.

I'm actually tired of hearing her talk about it. I'm not a fan of her decision making process and it showed up in with this. And because I'm more irritated these days, my tolerance levels of this are much lower than usual.

Posted via Xperia Z3

OK moving on to other topics then... not that I have any other topics.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Morning gang..

The new 10536.1004 build on my 1520 is running great! Love the new Messaging Skype BETA!

Also, installing the official iOS 9 1.1 on the iPad Air 2 this morning. (Been running the BETA for a while now)

Edit: not iOS 9 1.1 it's 1.1 GB in size. The actual version number is 1.0 I believe...

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

OK moving on to other topics then... not that I have any other topics.

Sorry I'm just that irritated today.

The electric company will adjust my bill because it was a meter reading error (figured as much). If they don't properly adjust it, someone will blow a gasket - and that's not me.

Posted via Xperia Z3

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

On a different note, I like the Moto Maxx. It is stuck on 5.0.2, so that's no bue?o. I like the screen on it as I've gotten a non overly saturated one...reminds me of the Z3's LCD panel. I wish they had kept the X's screen as while I like how it views it is a gas guzzler. Maybe 5.1.1 will improve it, but we'll see. I got 2 days usage out of it from 7am Tuesday to 8pm yesterday.

Posted via Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

On a different note, I like the Moto Maxx. It is stuck on 5.0.2, so that's no bue?o. I like the screen on it as I've gotten a non overly saturated one...reminds me of the Z3's LCD panel. I wish they had kept the X's screen as while I like how it views it is a gas guzzler. Maybe 5.1.1 will improve it, but we'll see. I got 2 days usage out of it from 7am Tuesday to 8pm yesterday.

Posted via Xperia Z3

5.0.2? So much for the theory of fast updates. On the bright side, 2 days battery life is great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb