WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sahib, you have an Xbox One right? Can you even play off-line if the game has been loaded before hand? Say Halo Spartan Assault?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I miss car shows too... Back when I used to enter my Intrepid into them. Still have my trophies though!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well kiddo took too long to finish homework and then to eat lunch and a friend popped in to say hello so no car show today😞

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Build 10547 broke my app. This sucks, really, really sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Looks like we're both experiencing that. Today isn't so bad on my end.

The GF was talking about a ton of bad reviews she's seeing about the hotel, but we'll be OK.

Posted via Xperia Z3

The only thing I really care about when it comes to reviews of a hotel is cleanliness. After that comes location, then staff. I find a lot of bad reviews on Tripadvisor tend to be really silly if you read them. I've read so many were people complain over the littlest things. My favourite was an American complaining about a Paris B&B that it only had one TV channel in English. We stayed at the B&B anyway and it was great, I didn't go to Paris to watch TV...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So yesterday...

I'll keep this brief.

There's an art display in a coastal town that was opened by Banksy. We've been trying to get tickets to it for weeks and it closes next weekend (total of 5 weeks). I think they purposely did it to create hype. I think they were running a social experiment as well but who knows. Artists are ******* annoying.

Anyway, we decided to try the 'walk ins' route. We drove 2 1/2hrs to this town. Stood in line for 4 1/2hrs and didn't get in. Reason is because they hold special events on the weekend evenings so no evening tickets available for walk ins. By total and sheer luck a couple walked by with one extra ticket so my wife took it and went in for about 45 mins. At least one of us did. Unfortunately she feels completely guilty about it now. To me it meant it wasn't completely wasted day. Still, I was very annoyed about the whole thing. I'm sunburned as well and my legs ache from all the standing. Not pleasant.

To make life even more fun, it was a long drive home. The rugby world cup is on here and we got caught in the traffic. Didn't get home until 9:45pm.

Such a wasted day overall though. That's basically a day I'll never get back. Such crap crowd control. Lots of angry people as well. Good thing none of them were drunk...

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The only thing I really care about when it comes to reviews of a hotel is cleanliness. After that comes location, then staff. I find a lot of bad reviews on Tripadvisor tend to be really silly if you read them. I've read so many were people complain over the littlest things. My favourite was an American complaining about a Paris B&B that it only had one TV channel in English. We stayed at the B&B anyway and it was great, I didn't go to Paris to watch TV...

Agreed. 100%. And that's what I told the GF...as long as it's clean, we'll be fine. Many people write poor reviews in situations where it wasn't necessary.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So yesterday...

I'll keep this brief.

There's an art display in a coastal town that was opened by Banksy. We've been trying to get tickets to it for weeks and it closes next weekend (total of 5 weeks). I think they purposely did it to create hype. I think they were running a social experiment as well but who knows. Artists are ******* annoying.

Anyway, we decided to try the 'walk ins' route. We drove 2 1/2hrs to this town. Stood in line for 4 1/2hrs and didn't get in. Reason is because they hold special events on the weekend evenings so no evening tickets available for walk ins. By total and sheer luck a couple walked by with one extra ticket so my wife took it and went in for about 45 mins. At least one of us did. Unfortunately she feels completely guilty about it now. To me it meant it wasn't completely wasted day. Still, I was very annoyed about the whole thing. I'm sunburned as well and my legs ache from all the standing. Not pleasant.

To make life even more fun, it was a long drive home. The rugby world cup is on here and we got caught in the traffic. Didn't get home until 9:45pm.

Such a wasted day overall though. That's basically a day I'll never get back. Such crap crowd control. Lots of angry people as well. Good thing none of them were drunk...

The wife shouldn't feel guilty. It's not like you weren't trying or waited last minute to do this. At least she got to see it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The wife shouldn't feel guilty. It's not like you weren't trying or waited last minute to do this. At least she got to see it.

I've told her not to feel guilty about it.

To be honest, she was more keen than me. Which is why I was happy for her to go in. Sure I wanted to go in too but as soon as we got there and I saw the line up I was ready to leave. Without tickets I knew it was going to be a risk. I had that feeling we weren't getting in.

She feels guilty because I was rather grumpy at the end of it but I was exhausted from standing for 4 1/2hrs and getting sunburned. Was I supposed to be joyous after that? No. She assumed I was grumpy because I didn't get to go in. Hell I didn't even want to go in the first place in these circumstances.

I feel as though I was part of some social experiment. There's nothing I hate more than going through this kind of nonsense and being caught up in hype.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I've told her not to feel guilty about it.

To be honest, she was more keen than me. Which is why I was happy for her to go in. Sure I wanted to go in too but as soon as we got there and I saw the line up I was ready to leave. Without tickets I knew it was going to be a risk. I had that feeling we weren't getting in.

She feels guilty because I was rather grumpy at the end of it but I was exhausted from standing for 4 1/2hrs and getting sunburned. Was I supposed to be joyous after that? No. She assumed I was grumpy because I didn't get to go in. Hell I didn't even want to go in the first place in these circumstances.

I feel as though I was part of some social experiment. There's nothing I hate more than going through this kind of nonsense and being caught up in hype.

Artists and art stuff is always a hype fest anyways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos