WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning folks. Miami was a blast. Need to go back to really do a few more things.

Z3's camera held up OK...although I got some overheating warnings during some stretches of very heavy use.

Posted via Xperia Z3

Did it rain overs there? I'm asking Since it looks cloudy :eek:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Did it rain overs there? I'm asking Since it looks cloudy :eek:

Of course it did. Miami's really reclaimed swamp land so there were two pop-up thunderstorms while we were there.

Rained during the bus tour when we passed the beach Wednesday afternoon, rained during dinner on Tuesday, rained yesterday morning.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What I didn't like was how tips were handled at the restaurant. I get it, and understand perfectly why, but I don't like it.

I ended up giving double in two places because we give the first tip in cash.

Posted via Xperia Z3

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

What I didn't like was how tips were handled at the restaurant. I get it, and understand perfectly why, but I don't like it.

Posted via Xperia Z3

That is a bummer man!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That is a bummer man!

Yup. So I know when in Miami not to tip cash. That's life. Overall, a very good time.

Would like to do the following when I go back:

1) Miami Beach
2) Everglades tour
3) Little Havana. Definitely for eats and to soak in the culture.
4) Coral Gables Museum

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Forget lines outside the stores, we can only wish for fans like this in WP land...
UPS Pickup? - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com

I'd rather them snail mail me that since it is almost the same old same old with Apple.

All jokes aside, some of the new features look interesting. Not enough to justify the price tag for me, but interesting nonetheless.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Of course it did. Miami's really reclaimed swamp land so there were two pop-up thunderstorms while we were there.

Rained during the bus tour when we passed the beach Wednesday afternoon, rained during dinner on Tuesday, rained yesterday morning.

That is pretty cool in the sense that it rained over there . Not as good when it rained on our bus tour

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So after a great odyssey, the GF is getting her Note 5 on Monday. Everything n though I'm not a fan of the contract thing, she's better off staying on Verizon. She managed to get the Note 5 64GB (she listened to me there) for $200 on contract via a promotion (they were selling it for $400 via Verizon and $350 via Best Buy).

Now, I want to get her a replacement for her fitbit Flex and to ease her into Android wearables. I'm thinking between the Sony Smartband Talk and the Gear Fit. I like the the price of the Sony, but the Gear fit has more features. Not feeling the Gear Fit price though, especially for a 2 year old thing hovering at $150 (same price at launch). She liked the look of the Zenwatch and both my Wear watches fit nicely enough on her wrists.

If it were up to me solely, I'd get her a Gear fit and a pair of jaybirds X2. But Miami took a hit on my wallet, so that has to wait. She did like the fitbit though so I'll look through their models to see functionality wise, what would work.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Posted via Xperia Z3

I find it confusing at times . Some already have the tip included in the total amount Some have the tip under the total amount. While other don't .

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That is pretty cool in the sense that it rained over there . Not as good when it rained on our bus tour

Was more of a consistent sprinkle. They gave us cheap free ponchos though. I got some nice weather shots during that bus tour too. I just missed my 930 though. I know it would have been great in that weather.

Speaking of the 930, I saw a dude with a 1020 kicking *** and taking pictures on the same bus.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So after a great odyssey, the GF is getting her Note 5 on Monday. Everything n though I'm not a fan of the contract thing, she's better off staying on Verizon. She managed to get the Note 5 64GB (she listened to me there) for $200 on contract via a promotion (they were selling it for $400 via Verizon and $350 via Best Buy).

Now, I want to get her a replacement for her fitbit Flex and to ease her into Android wearables. I'm thinking between the Sony Smartband Talk and the Gear Fit. I like the the price of the Sony, but the Gear fit has more features. Not feeling the Gear Fit price though, especially for a 2 year old thing hovering at $150 (same price at launch). She liked the look of the Zenwatch and both my Wear watches fit nicely enough on her wrists.

If it were up to me solely, I'd get her a Gear fit and a pair of jaybirds X2. But Miami took a hit on my wallet, so that has to wait. She did like the fitbit though so I'll look through their models to see functionality wise, what would work.

200 isn't bad for the 64 gb model. And have you looked into the fit bit surge. Seems like a cool warble

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Was more of a consistent sprinkle. They gave us cheap free ponchos though. I got some nice weather shots during that bus tour too. I just missed my 930 though. I know it would have been great in that weather.

Speaking of the 930, I saw a dude with a 1020 kicking *** and taking pictures on the same bus.

Gotta love free ponchos ;p somehow I think they were a yellow color .

Awesome. That's pretty cool. I seen a guy with a 1020 taking pictures on campus . !

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I find it confusing at times . Some already have the tip included in the total amount Some have the tip under the total amount. While other don't .

It depends on how much you spend and such like that. Once your unhit a certain amount, especially when in a group, that's added in. It is done to protect the waitstaff, since they their starting salary is chicken****.

We were in the old Miami neighborhood of coconut grove. So there's a lot of tourists and old money floating around, management folks probably don't tip cash directly. For us, we tip cash directly so that we let the waitstaff know we appreciated their service. The guy on Tuesday and the girl on Wednesday were really nice...especially the girl who wrote us a handwritten thank you and gave us a VIP card for discounts on future meals.

Im still fine with where we went and would eat at both restaurants again. But now I know in Miami I'll do everything by card and if they were exceptional, I do cash on top of that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

200 isn't bad for the 64 gb model. And have you looked into the fit bit surge. Seems like a cool warble

I might. I'd rather her have something with good workout features and some notification management. She actually liked the look of the MSFT Band 2, so that's possibly in the mix. I want see how she handles using the larger Note first.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So a friend called in a favor and I have to run into the city. The place is crawling with police thanks to the Pope and the UN General Assembly being in town.

If he's late, I'll have to gently but firmly out my foot up his ***.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So a friend called in a favor and I have to run into the city. The place is crawling with police thanks to the Pope and the UN General Assembly being in town.

If he's late, I'll have to gently but firmly out my foot up his ***.

Nobody has time to go to the city right now with all of those figure heads. Hope he gets there on time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo