WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

a terabyte hard drive is big feature proofing the storage Is good
I know this goes against the grain of thought most people have but there is little need for a hard drive that large. Unless you're a complete media junky and keep everything you don't need a hard drive that large.

This also goes against the idea of backing up your storage in case of failure, which you should know about. Keeping everything on your hard drive is a potential disaster. People that have large hard drives are less likely to backup.

Just saying.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I know this goes against the grain of thought most people have but there is little need for a hard drive that large. Unless you're a complete media junky and keep everything you don't need a hard drive that large.

This also goes against the idea of backing up your storage in case of failure, which you should know about. Keeping everything on your hard drive is a potential disaster. People that have large hard drives are less likely to backup.

Just saying.

I was just saying in the sense its a large drive so there wont be a need to buy another hard drive. :amaze: if I had an option for a larger SSD id take it since more space is not a bad thing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was just saying in the sense its a large drive so there wont be a need to buy another hard drive. :amaze: if I had an option for a larger SSD id take it since more space is not a bad thing.
You missed my point but that's OK. :)

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Just saying.

I have 8 terabytes in RAID 5, and another 2 terabytes in scattered volumes.

And yes I'm a media junkie. He he

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

To each their own. I was going with the average user. Most of whom are still clueless about backup...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm want two SSDs when I do my upgrade...a 1TB for regular stuff and a 2TB to hold me songs. I'm also a media junkie.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Freaking expensive but I bought it anyway. I feel like a loser. Ha ha
475a2be29d49a4f0eaa80021ee1c9809.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro