WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

There is only so much that can be done in terms of hardware. Design and cameras are different, but those things aren't different enough to attract the interest of potential buyers.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

I do think that if Xiaomi decided to make WP devices they would give the Lumias a run for their money.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I think that has more to do with the closed nature of Windows Phone. The main differentiation between the various Android OEMs are the skins and launchers, not the hardware. What incentive is there for Samsung to build a device that cannot have TouchWiz?

If stock Android was all that Android devices could run, then there would be far less Android OEMs and Android devices.

What incentive is there for Samsung to build a device that cannot have TouchWiz?
Well to be honest I don't know but so far what they are doing isn't working since they haven't done so well in the mobile division. Losing money since they aren't selling as much as before .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

What incentive is there for Samsung to build a device that cannot have TouchWiz?
Well to be honest I don't know but so far what they are doing isn't working since they haven't done so well in the mobile division. Losing money since they aren't selling as much as before .

Samsung is still the top smartphone OEM. http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-market-share.jsp

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I have a question. Considering the whole VW issue do you all think they will come out of this? I have a feeling VW wouldn't be allowed to sell their cars in the us anymore :/

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I have a question. Considering the whole VW issue do you all think they will come out of this? I have a feeling VW wouldn't be allowed to sell their cars in the us anymore :/

They'll pay a fine, and if that doesn't bankrupt them, they'll be selling cars like normal in no time.

I just can't imagine this happening in the first place. You know you will be caught eventually, and you know the fines are steep... Why would you make the conscious decision to actively look and spend money researching ways to detect being tested to cut emissions temporarily?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Oh they will come out a bit battered and bruised but they will be okay. After all they are they world's largest carmaker now. It will cost them a pretty penny though...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

This was a pretty funny video. Delta actually has a pretty decent track record of putting out humorous safety videos. Their one time performance is also quite well. Now only if their frequent flier program was any good I would fly them more often. For the record the first two years when I landed in the USA, I flew Delta exclusively. I have about 80K frequent flier miles with them and never once have been able to redeem them for a flight...just sayin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=279&v=kfFHn6DxvEg

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

They'll pay a fine, and if that doesn't bankrupt them, they'll be selling cars like normal in no time.

I just can't imagine this happening in the first place. You know you will be caught eventually, and you know the fines are steep... Why would you make the conscious decision to actively look and spend money researching ways to detect being tested to cut emissions temporarily?

I bet more than anything they will be under heavy scrutiny from here and out . Also I'm thinking how much it'll cost them just to settle all the legal fees and lawsuits. Not to mention the recalls in America. I don't really get why they did it either .

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Oh they will come out a bit battered and bruised but they will be okay. After all they are they world's largest carmaker now. It will cost them a pretty penny though...

Makes me wonder if other cars manufactures besides VW models have used this practice to cheat on the emissions test? o_O

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

This was a pretty funny video. Delta actually has a pretty decent track record of putting out humorous safety videos. Their one time performance is also quite well. Now only if their frequent flier program was any good I would fly them more often. For the record the first two years when I landed in the USA, I flew Delta exclusively. I have about 80K frequent flier miles with them and never once have been able to redeem them for a flight...just sayin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=279&v=kfFHn6DxvEg

The ending though :p ha that was funny

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Makes me wonder if other cars manufactures besides VW models have used this practice to cheat on the emissions test? o_O

I would assume so.
Will they be fine at the end of all this? Probably. The thing is, that this was good for consumers. You got a car that uses less fuel and it has better performance because of that.

Poslano z mojega SM-T520 z uporabo Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Question? Why is there an nfl rally there. o_O?

The NFL had been playing the occasional game here for a few years now. They make a big thing out of it and bring the over hype machine with it. There's many expats here and there a few backyard teams around.

When you have a country that will watch cricket or darts they'll watch anything.... Rugby is not that far off American football. Except for the wimps wearing all that armour...

My guess though is that they're assessing the market for either getting a team here (or more).

You could easily have a England, Wales and Scotland team.

Europe is probably more or as much sports obsessed as the US. With a very mobile world and people always wanting to copy the US (no idea why) it's not all that surprising.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb