WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The NFL had been playing the occasional game here for a few years now. They make a big thing out of it and bring the over hype machine with it. There's many expats here and there a few backyard teams around.

When you have a country that will watch cricket or darts they'll watch anything.... Rugby is not that far off American football. Except for the wimps wearing all that armour...

My guess though is that they're assessing the market for either getting a team here (or more).

You could easily have a England, Wales and Scotland team.

Europe is probably more or as much sports obsessed as the US. With a very mobile world and people always wanting to copy the US (no idea why) it's not all that surprising.

Ignorance, there is a cure.

They would like a team there. The Jaguars may be the most likely because:

1) Their owner - Mr. Kahn - has ownership in one of the EPL teams.

2) They've played the most games in London since the NFL has had games over there (most likely due to #1)

3) They're one of the teams potentially on the move to change cities in the US. They're really a smaller franchise, so killing their current fanbase and replacing it with another one wouldn't be as egregious as doing it to one of the premier teams in New England, New York, Dallas, San Francisco or Pittsburgh.

4) They're also one of my favorite teams (this is no way related to the first 3 points).

Logistically speaking, it's a nightmare to have 8 regular season games in London, becuase it makes travel a headache for not only the home team, but the road team as well. But the NFL likes to make money, so I'm sure they'll try it.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Afternoon folks. Was busy with life yesterday - including sliding down a few steps stairs in rush hour (just bruising, nothing broken) to post...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

The NFL had been playing the occasional game here for a few years now. They make a big thing out of it and bring the over hype machine with it. There's many expats here and there a few backyard teams around.

When you have a country that will watch cricket or darts they'll watch anything.... Rugby is not that far off American football. Except for the wimps wearing all that armour...

My guess though is that they're assessing the market for either getting a team here (or more).

You could easily have a England, Wales and Scotland team.

Europe is probably more or as much sports obsessed as the US. With a very mobile world and people always wanting to copy the US (no idea why) it's not all that surprising.

That is very interesting and here I thought no other country plays football besides the us.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Afternoon folks. Was busy with life yesterday - including sliding down a few steps stairs in rush hour (just bruising, nothing broken) to post...

That's dedication to posting right there

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So the big topic of conniption in Android land yesterday was Moto's decision to drop marshmallow support for the US carrier version of their Moto X 2014 edition. People who have the VZW and AT&T models are irate...especially since VZW's Droid Turbo is getting marshmallow.

People are burning Moto at the stake for lying. Some want to burn VZW and AT&T (I'm all for that). But here's my message to those folks:

Cry me a river.

Sahib especially and 99 knows this too - carrier branded phones have been drop kicked due to ****ty sales from the dawn of time. Look at the Lumia Icon and especially the T-Mobile Lumia 810 and HTC 8X as evidence of that.

Don't buy your phone from the carrier, unless you're buying a popular model. Everybody knows this. This is why I know MSFT is gonna **** up their pricing, because instead of cutting their portfolio down and selling the 950 and 950XL slightly cheaper just to move units to really get excitement, they're going to overprice it and not have enough carrier bands on the phones to sell them unlocked and screw themselves in the foot.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That is very interesting and here I thought no other country plays football besides the us.

Due to the US having the popularity it does and the amount of Americans and Canadians living overseas US style football has become popular in many places other than the US. Including even some local teams.

Same goes for ice hockey, basketball and baseball.

This has been helped with having them in the movies and media outlets showing these sports overseas.

The world is a lot smaller than you think.

You'd be surprised by the amount of attention NFL gets elsewhere in the world.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Due to the US having the popularity it does and the amount of Americans and Canadians living overseas US style football has become popular in many places other than the US. Including even some local teams.

This has been helped with having them in the movies and media outlets showing these sports overseas.

The NFL would like to play games in China too, and often find kickers and punters who play rugby for special teams. The MLB has found pitching prospects in India too. World is smaller these days, Sahib...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They would like a team there. The Jaguars may be the most likely because:

1) Their owner - Mr. Kahn - has ownership in one of the EPL teams.

2) They've played the most games in London since the NFL has had games over there (most likely due to #1)

3) They're one of the teams potentially on the move to change cities in the US. They're really a smaller franchise, so killing their current fanbase and replacing it with another one wouldn't be as egregious as doing it to one of the premier teams in New England, New York, Dallas, San Francisco or Pittsburgh.

4) They're also one of my favorite teams (this is no way related to the first 3 points).

Logistically speaking, it's a nightmare to have 8 regular season games in London, becuase it makes travel a headache for not only the home team, but the road team as well. But the NFL likes to make money, so I'm sure they'll try it.

Didn't know all that, mainly because I don't really care...

I don't follow any of this stuff in any sport and when it comes on the news I turn the channel or tune out.

Saying that, nothing would hurt American pride more than having an international team win the Superbowl.

Even I'd watch that!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't follow any of this stuff in any sport and when it comes on the news I turn the channel or tune out.

Saying that, nothing would hurt American pride more than having an international team win the Superbowl.

Even I'd watch that!

I follow the sport, so...yeah.

NFL is about the $$$.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Even I'd watch that!

Not interested in sports? Then what do you do? I can't imagine Tuesdays/Wednesday without a Champions League, or weekends without Bundesliga, or all year European/World cup qualifiers.
But i kinda hear you, you Americans copy-pasted our sport's name, took it and re-named the original one as 'soccer', yuk, damn you!!! Heheh :d

And a question just out of curiosity, cause i know nothing about 'football', the superbowl is something like a league's finals? Or what?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Please be careful. I'd miss you if you messed yourself up.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk.

I'd miss me to and have to suffer a faith worse than death or watching Sahib's swing and miss antics in person...my GF caring for me while "reminding" the whole time the need to have been careful in the first place...the agony of me ears...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Not interested in sports? Then what do you do? I can't imagine Tuesdays/Wednesday without a Champions League, or weekends without Bundesliga, or all year European/World cup qualifiers.
But i kinda hear you, you Americans copy-pasted our sport's name, took it and re-named the original one as 'soccer', yuk, damn you!!! Heheh :d

And a question just out of curiosity, cause i know nothing about 'football', the superbowl is something like a league's finals? Or what?

Um, N_LaRue isn't American...Canadian? Maybe. American? Most certainly not.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I honestly had no idea. Most of the time I think the world sees football as watered down rugby. I leaned something new today ... Thanks

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'd miss me to and have to suffer a faith worse than death or watching Sahib's swing and miss antics in person...my GF caring for me while "reminding" the whole time the need to have been careful in the first place...the agony of me ears...

Ehhh I don't think I'll miss ;) maybe I've improved hehe I'll keep it positive

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Oh God. So European, American, Canadian, Australian. Can't catch up with all of them.
Football's all over the world, in many shapes apparently, but i can't remember anyone but Europeans playing Handball, and few North African countries.

I like to call it egg ball :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786