WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So the GF is vested in her Note 5...she's on YouTube, watching tips and tricks videos on how to use the S Pen.

Makes me smile to see that...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Um, N_LaRue isn't American...Canadian? Maybe. American? Most certainly not.

Posted approved via Moto Maxx
I don't know if I should call myself Canadian anymore. Last time I was in Canada I felt like a foreigner. it's been 12 years since i lived there after all.

Though I still have a Canadian accent I've noticed it can vary depending on who I'm talking to. Some people have no idea where I'm from sometimes. I have a hodgepodge of Canadian, Australian and British now...

Ignorance, there is a cure.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I follow the sport, so...yeah.

NFL is about the $$$.

All sports is about the ?$?? these days.

I think there's more passion in the fans than in the athletes personally.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not interested in sports? Then what do you do? I can't imagine Tuesdays/Wednesday without a Champions League, or weekends without Bundesliga, or all year European/World cup qualifiers.
But i kinda hear you, you Americans copy-pasted our sport's name, took it and re-named the original one as 'soccer', yuk, damn you!!! Heheh :d

And a question just out of curiosity, cause i know nothing about 'football', the superbowl is something like a league's finals? Or what?
Yeah the Superbowl is the final game of the NFL season.

To be clear I get the whole caught up in the moment thing about sports. I have played sports, watched sports and been to sports games.

However, I know that the hype machines of sports is purely about distraction, no different than what the Roman emperors did with sport. Why do you think politicians are so interested in maintaining sports?

The amount of money and air time given over to sports is simply crazy. I find it sad when I overhear conversations about sport and how people are so engaged in justifying the costs and worthiness of players and teams.

Councils rather spend more on sports teams than in infrastructure, housing and other community benefits. To me that's backwards.

I won't go into what happens in the US high schools and colleges as I find it sickening.

So yeah I don't see much benefit in sport on the whole. I would appreciate it more if it was a community builder but it isn't.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I honestly had no idea. Most of the time I think the world sees football as watered down rugby. I leaned something new today ... Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
American football and rugby are similar but there are some distinct differences.

Whether one can say American football is watered downed rugby is debatable. There are probably about the same amount of rules. The main difference is that the tactical side of American football is grossly over emphasised and the difference in having an offensive line and defensive line which allows the over emphasising. The amount of stop plays in American football is also a big difference.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Yeah the Superbowl is the final game of the NFL season.

To be clear I get the whole caught up in the moment thing about sports. I have played sports, watched sports and been to sports games.

However, I know that the hype machines of sports is purely about distraction, no different than what the Roman emperors did with sport. Why do you think politicians are so interested in maintaining sports?

The amount of money and air time given over to sports is simply crazy. I find it sad when I overhear conversations about sport and how people are so engaged in justifying the costs and worthiness of players and teams.

Councils rather spend more on sports teams than in infrastructure, housing and other community benefits. To me that's backwards.

I won't go into what happens in the US high schools and colleges as I find it sickening.

So yeah I don't see much benefit in sport on the whole. I would appreciate it more if it was a community builder but it isn't.

Totally agree on that. It is sick for me to see how one guy gets payed around 100.000.000? for 5 years. I mean, it's insane.
All sports are now a very profitable industry rather then, well, sports.
But no matter how much we're aware of all this nothing will change, we're addicted to sports, at least i am.

Oh, one more question. So Superbowl is the league's final game, between whom? First and second on the table, or there are two leagues or something?
Cause in European football only cups have finals, and tournaments with combined group and knock-out stage.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Totally agree on that. It is sick for me to see how one guy gets payed around 100.000.000? for 5 years. I mean, it's insane.
All sports are now a very profitable industry rather then, well, sports.
But no matter how much we're aware of all this nothing will change, we're addicted to sports, at least i am.

Oh, one more question. So Superbowl is the league's final game, between whom? First and second on the table, or there are two leagues or something?
Cause in European football only cups have finals, and tournaments with combined group and knock-out stage.
In NFL there are two leagues. The teams that become the champions of their league play the Superbowl.

There's a lot of elimination and so on along the way.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't know if I should call myself Canadian anymore. Last time I was in Canada I felt like a foreigner. it's been 12 years since i lived there after all.

Though I still have a Canadian accent I've noticed it can vary depending on who I'm talking to. Some people have no idea where I'm from sometimes. I have a hodgepodge of Canadian, Australian and British now...

Still makes you MILES away from being American...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Gonna do some cable management and fix the LAN connection in a bit before getting to my studies for school.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

American football and rugby are similar but there are some distinct differences.

Whether one can say American football is watered downed rugby is debatable. There are probably about the same amount of rules. The main difference is that the tactical side of American football is grossly over emphasised and the difference in having an offensive line and defensive line which allows the over emphasising. The amount of stop plays in American football is also a big difference.

It's a sport designed to watch on TV.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Gonna do some cable management and fix the LAN connection in a bit before getting to my studies for school.

Internet works now. Just doing some software updates, then it is on to cable management... I'm glad this process is almost over...

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I did enjoy going to football games on Friday nights when I was in high school.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Same here .! I would enjoy going to home games just because it was fun :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Internet works now. Just doing some software updates, then it is on to cable management... I'm glad this process is almost over...

I cable management is somewhat an art :p to make it super clean is hard for me

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Need to connect both optical drives. So I decided to hook up the DVD drive only. Will fix that another day. Otherwise, PC runs great.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I cable management is somewhat an art :p to make it super clean is hard for me

Here's the final look...first two are with the flash on. That's the best I could get it at this point. The SSD is at the very bottom of the PC (as seen in the second photo) to lengthen the cables out and not make that knot as much of a cluster**** as it looks. Visually, I think the airflow is good enough.

Attachments

• 13092.jpg
    13092.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 13091.jpg
    13091.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 13089.jpg
    13089.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 13090.jpg
    13090.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 7

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Need to connect both optical drives. So I decided to hook up the DVD drive only. Will fix that another day. Otherwise, PC runs great.

The journey has ended. The GF's machine runs on Windows 10 Home (64-bit) edition. It looks so much better on a desktop than a tablet, it's not even funny.

Curious to see MSFT's Tuesday announcement.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Glad to be out of Singapore. The haze is so unhealthy I contracted cough and sinusitis, thankfully my single malt-honey recipe cured me in time for work.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

The journey has ended. The GF's machine runs on Windows 10 Home (64-bit) edition. It looks so much better on a desktop than a tablet, it's not even funny.

Curious to see MSFT's Tuesday announcement.

Msft killed what worked awesome for tablets. I still don't like tablet mode on Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb